bubbatheclown
yodelingiscool

The Existence of the Tooth Fairy is a Possibility

bubbatheclown

Pro

Note that I DO NOT actually believe in the Tooth Fairy. However, I think this should be an interesting debate nevertheless. Con may post his or her argument in Round One.
yodelingiscool

Con

I have one word for the possibility of a real, actual tooth fairy: CREEPY. Not only does she sneak into children's rooms at night, but she takes their baby teeth away from them. NO. That is just so wrong. However, even thought it would be less creepy for a tooth fairy in a different form to carry out the duties, it still would be wrong. Just wrong.
bubbatheclown

Pro

All right, imagine that in Europe there is a small species of animal (lizard, insect, rat, frog etcetera) that takes the teeth from corpses for some reason. These would either be an undiscovered species or a type of behavior in a known species, a behavior we haven't seen before. Human teeth are as good as any other teeth, so human teeth are sometimes taken by these animals. This happened to some people centuries ago. Unable to explain this phenomena, the few people who had this happen to them began to circulate the myth of a tooth fairy. Nowadays, even in America, where these species do not exist (or do they), the tooth fairy myth is still popular.
yodelingiscool

Con

yodelingiscool forfeited this round.
bubbatheclown

Pro

bubbatheclown forfeited this round.
yodelingiscool

Con

yodelingiscool forfeited this round.
bubbatheclown

Pro

bubbatheclown forfeited this round.
yodelingiscool

Con

yodelingiscool forfeited this round.
bubbatheclown

Pro

bubbatheclown forfeited this round.
yodelingiscool

Con

yodelingiscool forfeited this round.
Posted by InfiniteColor 7 months ago
InfiniteColor
How would someone even know where to begin in this debate? haha
Posted by Romanii 7 months ago
Romanii
It is impossible to prove or disprove the existence of the tooth fairy... through scientific means, anyways.
Posted by RBaker 7 months ago
RBaker
To argue the mere possibility of anything might be entertaining but it is definitely an effort in futility towards any kind of logical and serious debate.
Posted by Seek 7 months ago
Seek
If the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist, who put a dollar under my pillow when I was seven?

Checkmate, athetits!
Posted by noprisu 7 months ago
noprisu
Now its unfalsifiable. It was no better than when you had the first resolution.
Posted by bubbatheclown 7 months ago
bubbatheclown
True, but I actually have an argument that may argue in favor of the tooth fairy's existence.
Posted by Ragnar 7 months ago
Ragnar
Actually pro may argue from this standpoint, he would merely be posting ways in which it can't be disproven (or something to that affect)
Posted by bubbatheclown 7 months ago
bubbatheclown
Actually, I have an argument that may explain the Tooth Fairy and support my case, for anyone who's willing to take up this debate.
Posted by DudeStop 7 months ago
DudeStop
What a horrible debate. You can't argue a negative.

The actual burden of proof would be on you to prove the Tooth Fairies existence.