SuperAwesomeMusician
SJM

The Fidget Cube is better than the Fidget Spinner

Started: 5/25/2017 Category: Technology

SuperAwesomeMusician

Pro

I personally like the fidget cube much better than the fidget spinner. The fidget cube has much more gadgets on it than the fidget spinner, and is therefore more satisfying to fidget with in my opinion.

I have a fidget spinner as well, and while it is cool in that it can spin for a while and is quieter than the fidget cube, it doesn't bring about the same satisfaction for me.
SJM

Con

Observation 1: Pro has the burden of proof. This debate doesn"t have a shared burden of proof considering I win by either proving that fidget spinners are better than fidget cubes, or that they"re equal, or by showing pro hasn"t done their job of proving their side.

Observation 2: This topic requires that pro establishes some sort of objective criteria for deciding what's better that"s warranted and not arbitrary.

Now for the arguments.

1) Pro"s case is lacking considering that his argument only consists of an anecdote which doesn"t account for everyone"s case.

2) Pro"s case doesn"t give some objective criteria for proving that one is better than the other.

In conclusion, because of these two reasons we can"t establish whether one is better than the other. Thus, we are in a state where we don"t know. A state of not knowing means that pro hasn"t proven that there is a firm conviction that fidget cubes are better than fidget spinners.
SuperAwesomeMusician

Pro

One thing I would like con to realize is that it can't really be "proven" that fidget cubes are better than fidget spinners. It's all about how the person feels. I have created this debate really to see how others feel about comparing the two. I feel evidence cannot be offered in this debate, so really we are just arguing on reasons.

That being said, I will establish criteria for which the decision should be based off of. I feel that fidget toys should:
*Provide satisfaction to any fidgeting desires someone may have.
*Reduce stress or anxiety and improve focus.
*Be very portable/easy to transport and/or carry.

The fidget cube has more options as far as expressing fidgeting needs goes. Some people like the feel of clicking buttons, while others enjoy rolling joysticks or spinning a ball around. It is much smaller than the fidget spinner, which may make it easier to carry around for some people, although it doesn't make much of a difference for me; they both fit in my pockets very well.

The fidget spinner has fewer options as far as fidgeting needs go. The only thing you can do with it is spin it (well, you can do some other tricks with it, but they all go back to one thing: spinning). The spinning feature is said to reduce stress and anxiety, and help you focus better.

So, it really depends on the type of person you are. That being said, the fidget spinner is lacking in variety. Those who get it for the purpose of fidgeting are limited in the ways they can do so. They can only spin. That's it. Those who get the fidget cube have more options to go with. If they are in the mood for some clicking, the cube provides it. If they are in the mood for some spinning, the cube provides it. The spinner only provides one of these characteristics. The cube allows you to go back and forth between types of fidgeting as your mood changes.

I feel the spinner meets all the criteria except for one: to provide satisfaction to any fidgeting desires someone may have. I feel the cube meets all of these criteria because it can provide satisfaction to more types of fidgeting than the spinner can.

For further information, see this link" https://www.stresslesstoys.com...

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
SJM

Con

I"d like pro to realize that I do realize they cannot "prove" one is better than the other. Hence, he cannot fulfill his burden. Pro may have created this debate with a specific purpose in mind, but they cannot assume someone will know it without seeing it explicitly said. Thus, I accepted this debate as for what the topic purely says. In addition, evidence can be used, for example I would concede to certain studies that show one is more effective than the other.

Now the arguments:

"*Provide satisfaction to any fidgeting desires someone may have.
*Be very portable/easy to transport and/or carry."
"I feel the spinner meets all the criteria except for one: to provide satisfaction to any fidgeting desires someone may have. I feel the cube meets all of these criteria because it can provide satisfaction to more types of fidgeting than the spinner can."

Pro agrees that all the criteria is met by the fidget spinner, except for "Provide satisfaction to any fidgeting desires someone may have." First, this is false, the fidget cube also doesn"t fulfill any fidgeting desire someone may have. The fidget cube doesn"t fulfill my desire to spin in the same way as the fidget spinner. Pro may argue that the fidget cube provides more desires than the fidget spinner, but this is the quantity over quality mindset which shouldn"t be applied in this case because considering quality does play a part in this debate, the quality of a fidget spinner surpasses the fidget cube greatly.

I would also say that the fidget cube doesn"t meet the "Reduce stress or anxiety and improve focus" criteria because the fidget cube is loud compared to the fidget spinner, thus distracting and annoying other people around you if you"re in a classroom or library which is where most people fidget.

In conclusion, pro cannot prove his side as conceded. But even if you don"t buy that, pro said that the fidget spinner doesn"t meet one of the criteria, but I showed how the fidget cube doesn't meet two of the criteria.

P.S. Also, fidget cubes are generally more expensive compared to spinners.
Posted by SuperAwesomeMusician 1 year ago
SuperAwesomeMusician
Thanks man. I appreciate you showing where I had my strengths.
Posted by NDECD1441 1 year ago
NDECD1441
I think it would be SuperAwesomeMusician. In my point of view, which is, not everyone's, SuperAwesomeMusician had better points and also stated SJM's errors in a bit. SJM did the latter but not the first.
SuperAwesomeMusician
Who would you vote for?
Posted by SJM 1 year ago
SJM
Well i did say we don't have a shared burden of proof, but ok. @NDECD1441
Posted by NDECD1441 1 year ago
NDECD1441
To be honest, con hasn't really proven their side. The arguments aren't even arguments. They are just words that TRY to collapse pro's foundation. I haven't finished 3 debates yet but if I had, I know who I would vote for.
SuperAwesomeMusician
I agree with Crazy456Rhino.
Posted by Crazy456Rhino 1 year ago
Crazy456Rhino
Personally, I don't like fidget spinners. It spins. That's all. A fidget cube, however, has multiple thing it can do, and while it may be more expensive, it's more effective.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 year ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
This should not even be a debate, more likely it should be a forum topic, not a debate.
SuperAwesomeMusician
You can't put words in my mouth, sir. I will say it again: the fidget cube is better.
Posted by JimShady 1 year ago
JimShady
Like I said, you know it, and I know it. There is no need for this debate at all, because deep down you know the fidget spinner is truly magic.