Debate_King321
Coolguy11

The GOP Tax Cuts will, on average, not help the middle class.

Debate_King321 has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point

Debate_King321

Pro

Very recently, the U.S. House of Representatives, then the Senate, and then President Trump signed into law tax cuts for corporate America (rich people). Supposedly, this money is supposed to be reinvested into the economy and trickle down to the middle class.

My position that I'll be arguing is that these tax cuts will, on average, negatively affect the middle and lower classes. You will argue that they are beneficial.

First Round is acceptance, good luck!
Coolguy11

Con

Hi there. I think (and we should all hope) the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) will benefit the middle and lower classes. It is true that the highest earners benefit the most from this, but that is because they originally paid a large portion of total income tax revenue, so naturally they would get a lot back. I don't think the the general population will benefit from the trickle-down economics, I was never fond of that argument; I think they'll benefit because the vast majority of them get tax cuts as well. Bottom line: trickle-down may not help, but tax cuts on the middle class will.
Posted by JamesCroft 6 months ago
JamesCroft
These Tax cuts are fantastic! I'm not a rich guy but that's mainly because taxes take a friggin huge bite out of my salary. I'm an investor and now I'm able to buy sell faster and better than ever before! THANK YOU TRUMP!