The God Of The King James Bible Created The Universe And Earthly Life

*No acceptance round, just start debating.

The god of the King James bible created the universe and earthly life.

Has 4 sets of 10,000 characters and the Burden of Proof to demonstrate that the god of the King James bible created the universe and earthly life and to refute Con.

Has only 3 sets of 10,000 characters to refute the resolution and Pro's supplemental claims.

*Definitions can be changed, in the comments section, before posting your first argument, as long as both Pro and Con agree.

*Definitions below are agreed on by posting your first argument.

god - the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority

King James Bible - an English translation of the Bible made in 1611 at the order of King James I and still widely used.

bible - the Christian scriptures, consisting of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments.

create - bring (something) into existence

the universe - all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos.

earthly - of or relating to the earth or human life on the earth

life - the condition that distinguishes animals, plants, bacteria, and archaea from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth and reproduction.

*May the better argument win!

To be honest I have looked at my opponents last debate on the soul and was very intimidated. My opponent clearly has a lot of intelligence as far as science goes while I do not, I assume he's older as well. However I decided to present this how I normally present my religion (the apostolic religion) to any other individual which will play in with how the god of the KJV created the universe and Earthly life in general.

I respect my opponent greatly and am glad I get to debate this. I respect him even more for setting definitions that aren't abusive and that I agree with. I am very confused about something however which is why my opponent doubts the God mentioned in KGJ created the universe and earthly life unless he believes there is a bible more accurate then KJV or the bible is missing something or idk. The problem is I don't know what he wants me to say, what he knows already etc. so I will just present creation and different concepts as I know and see what he has to say. Or maybe its more a question how the universe was manifested idk. I also heard a theory that a comet filled with bacteria is the reason for water on Earth and so on. But I will not just speculate about why my opponent may doubt this I will not present my side.

Clarification: You will see me use Jesus often in some places where God belongs simply because I am apostolic and we believe that Jesus is the name to use. That his name brings power. So I am used to using that name a lot and might use it in scriptures from the old testament before Jesus walked the earth by accident.

Introduction to Genesis: Genesis spans more time than any other book in the bible. IN fact, it covers more years then all of the remaining 66 books of the bible put together (approximately 2,400 years) The total duration is from the time of creation to the time when the Israelites arrive in Egypt and grow into a nation (about 1800 BC.) So of course we will never be able to comprehend or even analyze the full process of creation however I will state what is known and talked about in the KJV bible.

1. Creation as stated in the KJV in Genesis
Genesis 1:1-4 In the beginning God Created the heaven and the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And god said, let there be light; and there was light.

Explanation: It's a misconception that God always resided in heaven but heaven was manifested along with earth. What God was doing before that? Who knows. In the end God is infinitely greater than we are; therefore, we should not expect to be able to fully understand everything about him. Next I would like to draw attention to the fact that god said let there be light and there was light. God didn't even need to manifest bodies to intrinsically hold the light or reflect it. There was just light, despite popular opinion the sun isn't being described in this scripture in fact the sun is mentioned in genesis verse 16 "And god made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Many people would say this is irrational but as shown in John 11 and multiple other scriptures in the new testament Jesus is not rational at all and performs irrational actions. Thus what can be implied is that some concepts or events we will never fully understand such as the manifestation of the universe or the Earth but we learn what we can.

Genesis 4: And god saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness

2. Proof that God created life on earth as well
Isaiah 45:18 For this is what the LORD says-- he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited-- he says: "I am the LORD, and there is no other.

Explination: The earth wasn't just randomly formed in fact God actually had a clear concept in mind when he made this object. He made the Earth to specifically hold life further proving that he made life but there are specific scriptures that actually show him creating life itself.

Psalms 148:7 Praise the LORD from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths. This correlates with Genesis 1:21 And God Created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creep-ing thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Genesis 2:7 And the LORD formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Introduction to Soul
We create the conditions in which God's light is most likely to shine forth. But god gives the light. God allows creative energy to flow through us. FOr example lightning hardly ever shnes in a calm, unclouded sky. Often out of darkness lightning strikes. The soul is proof of us being manifested by God its sort of like a print that is marked on his humanly creations. A lot of people nowadays seem to be essentially defining soul as conscience which isn't correct. In fact neuroscience shows even an animal has a conscience, humans are not unique in possessing what they call neurological substrates that generate conscience.

2. Soul/holy ghost

Genesis 2:7 Then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

Explanation: God breathed a soul into Adam when he was manifested but there are more scriptures that are more specific. I mentioned this scripture earlier as well.

Mathew 22:37 And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

Acts 7:59 And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

Explanation: Some of you may know the story of Stephen. The man who was stoned but god allowed to feel no pain at all. IN fact he put him in a sort of sleep while he was dying after this request. But as you can see he request God to take his spirit.

Everyone has a soul that must receive the holy ghost.

My favorite verse to look towards regarding this is acts 2:38 a scripture a lot of religions ignore now.

Then peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
I myself have repented and been baptized in Jesus name (a lot go with father, son, holyghost) (my religion believes you gave to say his name specifically) I am seeking the holy ghost. I have seen people receive it and speak in toques in a different language they have not learned. My brother himself received it and its an amazing gift. My mom was able to fight cancer on prayer alone. She didn't go to the doctor she decided she would pray and go to the planned trip we had to Cabo Mexico. She see's the doctor for the regular check up, of course they request to check for the cancer and no cancer is in sight. To this day no cancer has came back. My dad had muscle disease, he was supposed to be in a wheel chair at the age of 42 but he got his brothers who have this gift and they prayed with him, he's 49 now and walking just fine.

3. The alternative is hell

Mathews 25 he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Revelation 20: 14 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Hell is a temporary location btw after the 1,000 year reign of the approved souls on Earth the people who were sent to hell will be transported with the beast and the false prophet to the lake of fire.

revelations 21:8 states this But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

In conclusion God created the earth and life. God also has the power to end the earth and life itslf. It's our job to become a light holder, to receive the holy ghost and use it to help other individuals.

Corinthians 12 There are different kinds of gifts. But they are all given to believers by the same Spirit. There are different ways to serve. But they all come from the same Lord. There are different ways the Spirit works. But the same God is working in all these ways and in all people.

I know some of this may seem off topic but it was just to introduce how the concept of the soul, life, and earth kind of in a sense work together.

The god of choices

In the bible god says he will have supreme control on heaven, let the devil and his demons maintain hell and humans mold and shape earth. God lets us have earth because he wants us to choose. He wants us to choose him in heaven but he offers us hell/sin as well.
Pslams 116:56 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Conclusion: God has the ability to do anything he made the earth,, he made heaven, and he made hell.

God is the all supreme creator and the KJV bible in my opinion is the most reliable bible today in learning God. NO other bible out there is as accurate or precise as the KJV

Thanks for accepting Pro.
Also, there's no need to be intimidated.

I respect that Pro took a genuine approach to proving his god's involvement with the universe and earthly life instead of trying to manipulate the resolution to prove some new age deism energy crap like I have experienced in the past; Pro is respecting this debate's resolution, and I appreciate that.

I'll start by rejecting the resolution that the god of the King James Version (KJV) of the bible created our universe and earthly life.
Here's why:
1. The universe wasn't created, in any fashion.
2. Earthly life's origin was naturally caused.
3. The KJV's creation account is inaccurate, contradictory, and shouldn't be considered authoritative on matters of the universe's origins or earthly life.

1. *The Universe - all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos*

Our universe has matter and space.
Matter distorts space and creates gravity.

The way that particle physicists and cosmologists look at the total universe's energy is by the totality of visible matter (you, me, the planets and stars) and gravity (distortions of space).

Matter, in this energy combination, acts as positive energy (+), because matter is doing the distorting.
Gravity, in this energy combination, acts as negative energy (-), because it's a result of the distorting.

So, what if we could see how distorted space is throughout the entire observable universe?
We can and have.
Our universe is flat, because the spacial curvature (the total effect of matter on space) of the universe is zero.

Therefore, all of the positive energy (+matter) is cancelled out by all of the negative energy (-gravity) in our universe so that the total energy of the universe is in fact zero.

As a set, the universe's matter and gravity would look like [+matter, -gravity] = 0
So, when there was no universe, matter and gravity were at [+0,-0] = 0
There is no matter or gravity to speak of and of course the total energy is 0.
In this zero energy state, there is no space/time/matter/energy/gravity...nothing.

So, for this debate, I will be referring to "before the universe" as [+0,-0] = 0, when there was no universe.

At [+0,-0], there was no time, because there was no space.
Space and time a part of a continuum, so we call it spacetime.

Creation is a temporal process, contingent on stative time.
Without time at [+0,-0], there is no time for a creator to exist, remain, and create; no time, no creation.

I reject the claim that the universe was created, because creation is contingent on time, and at [+0,-0] there was no time, because there was no space.

2. *Earthly life's origin is explained by abiogenesis.*
Compounds covalently (sharing electrons) bonded to carbon are organic.
Compounds not covalently bonded to carbon are inorganic.

Inorganic = H N C O (cyanate)
Organic = C 2 H 5 N O 2 (glycine, an amino acid)

You can tell that the difference between inorganic and organic carbon compounds is rather insignificant.
One more carbon atom, four more hydrogen atoms, and one more oxygen atom...that's it.

The Miller-Urey experiment in the 50's demonstrated that with an atmosphere, water salinity, electricity, and inorganic compounds likely of an earlier earth, inorganic compounds will produce organic amino acid compounds.

That's what abiogenesis is...the idea that inorganic compounds can become organic compounds.

Though people agreed that lightning occurs without life and in atmospheres on other planets, people still complained that the atmosphere of earlier earth had more oxygen than the Miller-Urey experiment accounted for.
The replicated experiments of the Miller-Urey took that into account, and used:

1. H2, CH4, NH3, H2O, H2S and electricity, and yielded the amino acids cysteine, cystine, and methionine
2. CH4, C2H6, NH3, H2S and UV rays, and yielded alanine, glycine, serine, glutamic acid, aspartic acid, and cystine
3. CH4, H2O, H2S, NH3, N2, and electricity, and yielded methionine

"When reduced gases, including CH4, H2S and NH3, are emitted from a volcano into a lightning-rich atmosphere, hydrogen cyanide, ethylene, and acetylene can be generated."

So we know that amino acids, organic compounds, can come from inorganic compounds.
But what about genetic replication?

Amino acid chains (polypeptides) can fold onto themselves and become biologically active.
According to the NIH:
"The sequence of the amino acid chain causes the polypeptide to fold into a shape that is biologically active."

So we have biologically active amino do they replicate?
Well amino acids tend to speed up reactions; they're catalysts.
So before there was life, there were pre-biotic catalysts, amino acids.

"catalysis in a pre-biotic network initiated...the emergence of RNA as the dominant macromolecule due to its ability to both catalyze chemical reactions and to be copied in a template-directed manner."

So, from inorganic compounds of earlier earth, we got organic amino acids, which, when folded, become biologically active, and can catalyze reactions that lead to the emergence of RNA, which is necessary for genetic replication.

Any primitive organism would be replicating with RNA and metabolizing with amino acids, but what might they be consuming?

"Sixty years after the seminal Miller-Urey experiment that abiotically produced a mixture of racemized amino acids, we provide a definite proof that this primordial soup, when properly cooked, was edible for primitive organisms."

Abiogenesis explains earthly life's natural origins.

3. *The KJV bible is contradictory and inaccurate in its creation accounts of life and the universe.*

Genesis 1:25-1:27 :
"God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good...God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

So this claims animals were first, and man was later.
But later on in Genesis...

Genesis 2:18-2:19 :
"And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone...out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them."

This claims that man was first, and animals came later, and that man named them all.

Genesis also claims that first "God created the heaven and the earth and the earth was without form...and God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

Planets form from stars, which means there would HAVE to have been light for any planet to form, so claiming earth precedes stars is laughable.

I reject this resolution based on such...on to you Pro.

moneystacker forfeited this round.

I extend all of my arguments.

moneystacker forfeited this round.

Yo extiendo todos de mis argumentos, particularmente los argumentos sobre la insuficiencia de la biblia de King James con respeto a los origenes del universo y vida en la tierra.

moneystacker forfeited this round.
Posted by Thiest_1998 9 months ago
Posted by moneystacker 9 months ago
Oh I see and no problem man
Posted by MagicAintReal 9 months ago
Oh, to answer your question about why I instigated this debate with the particular KJV instead of the other bibles:
1. This debate was intended for a baptist who was very adamant about his version of the bible...he declined the debate.
2. I've run into arguing about what the bible actually says depending on my opponent's particular version of the bible, so to eliminate confusion of which bible version, I left the resolution as a specific version of the bible (KJV).

The language in the KJV tends to be more intense anyway, which I find more entertaining to debate. Thanks for accepting.
Posted by moneystacker 9 months ago
No it's alright man
Posted by MagicAintReal 9 months ago
Sorry Balacafa, I got home late and didn't see your post until someone accepted the debate, my bad man.
Posted by moneystacker 9 months ago
My question though because I might debate this is that do you want us to use scriptures preety much? Or is there some other way you want us to prove this as well.
Posted by moneystacker 9 months ago
oh you are con my bad I thought you were Pro
Posted by Reformist 9 months ago
I do hate specific theologian debates. There's no way to definitely prove that and if you did I could just say that was coincidental evidence.

But Balacafa should be able to disprove you easily
Posted by Balacafa 9 months ago
Get rid of "source of all moral authority" in the definition of God and I'm down.
Posted by MagicAintReal 9 months ago
I'd obviously prefer a true believer, but if you agree to keep my definition of god I'm down.
Vote Placed by famousdebater 9 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: ff