Xxzefd
Viridiel

The God Program

Xxzefd

Con

As a child growing up I never really had a genuine belief in any god because I never have had any experiences with a particular diety such as meeting one and establishing genuine relationships only religious sermons and reports in religious texts which were all just rumors that have been spread for ages. For example my parents of course were and still are Christians to this day. They made me go to church and I had to have a discussion with them on what I learned from the church pastors at home after services were over and they made me read the Holy Bible from time to time. I would afterwards have to write an essay to my father and have a discussion with parents on what I learned. They made me do the whole nine yards as a Christian because they just thought it was for my own good because they didn't want me to grow up a "lost soul". In all honesty I couldn't really get into "the spirit" of the religion or it's major god but I wanted to but subconsciously never could get myself to "have the faith" that many people on this world have. I had no problem at all with my good parents the problem I was having was a "lack of faith" in this diety whose known by some religious followers as "The Ruler of Heaven" I wanted this god into my life but I was in denial that this may all be a belief system built on deception. I say this because this god obviously didn't want me or is just another fake on the avenue just like "Santa Claus" or "Tinker Bell" for example. How can most religious people continue to follow religion as a whole that gives praise and servitude to a god who they claim created the Universe or all of Humanity or is all good and loving and merciful or is all this and all that when the world's top scientists could not find any evidence to back up all the claims of these religionists when it's nothing but rumors passed down throughtout the ages? Why continue believing something that may or may not be true? Why continue having faith in a diety or dieties or religious texts and this goes for all religions and the religionists when there is no proof backing up their belief system? I would like to debate a religionist of all sorts of any path and I want genuine evidence supporting their belief system and reasons for why they practice their particular faith.
Viridiel

Pro

I'm sorry for what your parents did to you.
It's never good for a parent to force their own child into believing something they might no want.
But I'm sure your parents did that out of love. They probably wanted you to feel the same experience that most Christians have.

But I must tell you, we follow religion not because of facts. We follow religion with our hearts. With our feeling and thoughts. And there is indeed a lot of evidence that backs religion up again.

I'd like to accept your debate.
And before you instantly go on, I must tell you:
I'm a Protestant-Christian; Seventh Day Adventist.
I believe in God and Jesus but there are a few things in the bible that we take differently.

I wish you goodluck.
Xxzefd

Con

Xxzefd forfeited this round.
Viridiel

Pro

Because the Instigator was late with his response, I'll forfeit this round so he can post his argument.
Goodluck.
Xxzefd

Con

That's what I don't understand how most religious followers just willingly choose to follow a religion with "their hearts and thoughts" How do you and most religious followers able to just "have the faith"? I have tried literally my whole life too and my friend it's only led to disappointments for me. I have spent my whole life searching for facts with "No Enlightment" only misleading information in the real and virtual world. I even have gone insane after not only losing complete faith in Christianity but another religion also I tried so hard to follow and as best as I could only to have ended up nowhere but a dead-end. I lost complete and absolute faith on a fully conscious level. I tried conforming and I tried hard but I still failed. Maybe if there is a Creator diety like the Creator of the Universe for instance, why is he not revealing himself to us all? How will we ever know all the answers to life's mysteries if the one's running our religious institutions on the real and virtual world continue to shove lies propaganda and scare tactics down our throats?
Viridiel

Pro

Well, God doesn't reveal himself for one reason only: Free will.
God gave us free will so we are the people to decide to follow him with your whole life or to put god aside and live your own life. If God just showed himself or wrote in fiery letters "God loves you." in the sky, everybody would believe in him because there is evidence. Maybe because they do love him, or maybe because of fear because he can do everything he wants. But the people wouldn't have a choice, because you would be crazy not to believe in him because he's there. God wants an earth where there are people because they love him, not because they're scared or because they want the eternal life. That's why we (2 Corinthians 5:7) live by faith, not by sight. We have free will.

And you're completely right. It's hard to have faith. But you must remember: Religion doesn't force you to do things. Just like the ten commandments. If you love god and if you wish to live with him for the rest of your life, follow the ten commandments. Six of them are how to treat your fellow humans right because (Mark 12:31) we love our neighbour as much as our self. We always think about the ones around us. We would give our own life for people we don't know because we love them. And the other four is how to treat god right. But if you wish to lead your own life, you don't have to follow the ten commandments.

You aren't forced to follow the commandments. It is your own choice. And if you believe in god and on the end of your life you see that god doesn't exist. You've had a great life, because you made the life of others great. The only thing you couldn't have done is steal or kill someone and a few other things. It's not that bad. Because if you see on the end of your life that god does exist you can live with the one you love the most.

The only way to keep faith is to listen to yourself. You're the one who is deciding how your live goes. Don't let any Scientist or Priest or your parents change your minds. Listen to yourself. Don't you have this warm feeling inside you who soothes you when you're sad. Or this exciting warm loving feeling when you think about god? God does these kind of things to keep your faith strong.

But beware. There are a lot of branches of Christianity in the world. There are a few that literally try to brainwash you and there are a few good ones in there. Just look at every branch there is. Find one who suits you and seems natural to you, and I can assure you that whatever you choose. You'll be happy. And that is what counts. You won't succeed life if you make the right choice. You will succeed your life when you're truly happy whether to believe in god, or not to believe in him.

It's good if people help you.
But don't let anyone change your mind, because you're the one who decides how your life goes.
Xxzefd

Con

As far as I'm concerned if of course the Creator of the Universe is out there I don't think we would have freewill on some levels of our lives he is incomprehensible and a spirit of unimaginable power and monstrosity and does as he pleases because he's the Greatest God that decrees and orders others(all) even controls also those that don't like him very much. But as far as I'm concerned this is justifable but only on a spiritual/religious level as I don't really like hearing about him because I believe at least the biblical verson of him is quite scary and contradictory to what my grandmother has taught me about him which is quite peaceful and really like a loving fatherly figure around who loves their children no matter what and who seems all loving and all merciful and without favoritism this God I'd serve willingly and without fear. I have no problem at all doing good things for other people as that is my duty and the only way I do actually feel good. Other then that I feel if of course there is a God I would only support them if they weren't like the biblical Jehovah or the other scary gods of other religions as I couldn't serve a jerk willingly and without fear and who shows hatred for some and favoritism for others I would put up the "flight or fight" response and would wish I never knew them.
Viridiel

Pro

Well, you're right on most of that. Like you know, there are two versions of the bible, the New Testament and the Old Testament. The Old Testament indeed describes God as an angry scary spirit, and the new testament describes god as the all loving spirit. Although as the name Old Testament says, most things in there are written for the times B.C, such as a few of the rules in Exodus and Leviticus. ( Most people think that these parts are the worst, so I'll tell more about it )

You must know that in Exodus & Leviticus god freed people who were enslaved for +- 400 years. They had no manners, they had no idea how to take care of their self and more. So god had to make them perfect, because they were the start of a new generation. Although the Hebrews wouldn't just do things if someone asked kindly. To make sure that they would be perfect, god had to scare them so they'd follow his rules and become the folk we are today.

Although, a lot of Christians think that the New Testament has some flaws here and there. Myself, as an Adventist actually disagrees with the hell. We think it was written by an anti-christ who wanted to use Religion as a way to earn money, because the concept of hell doesn't seem right for us. "Believe in god or burn eternally in hell.". It's like there is no Free Will in there.

Even though there are a lot of branches in Christianity, God loves you for the person who you are. On the end of days, he won't judge you for which Religion you chose but for the connection you had with God.

So if you think he's scary in some parts of the bible, God usually did it for a brighter future. :)
Xxzefd

Con

So many people at this time my friend are being hit by a cosmic two by four. More than ever before folks are being made aware of their connection to their Higher Power, bringing about major fears on the human level. People will be drawn in droves to follow other peoples' teachings. Spiritual laws are set in stone; however, the truth can be found only through self, within self, as each person is on a different spiritual path. The true guidance can only be connected through love and peace! Surrender to that power, as it will lead you to the beautiful human being that you are, through a truly mystical experience.
Viridiel

Pro

I can't agree more on that one. It was fun debating with you.
I hope you can find your happiness in life. No matter what you choose, as long as you're happy with it.

If you ever need help, I'm there for you. :)
Goodluck!
Posted by Xxzefd 2 years ago
Xxzefd
I was late sry I'll take a few points off for missing a round. I'll be ready for the next round.
Posted by Russia_The_almighty 2 years ago
Russia_The_almighty
I would accept this, but I'm too busy with my other debates.
Posted by Xxzefd 2 years ago
Xxzefd
So stop with the disrespect this is between 1 unbeliever vs 1 believer.
Posted by Xxzefd 2 years ago
Xxzefd
This debate is for the believers you stupid skeptics.
Posted by 18Karl 2 years ago
18Karl
Exposing your idiocy =/= Exposing truth in religion
Posted by Pranika 2 years ago
Pranika
Wat r u trying to oppose?? The existence of Gods and Goddesses or the blind faith of people in them without any resoning?