aasib
abraralam

The God of Abraham (Muslim, Christian, and Jewish God) probably does not exist

aasib

Pro

I'm going to lay out my position here and define what I mean by God. I am talking about the god of Abraham i.e. the god of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. He is supposedly a supernatural being who created the world, has the capability to hear the prayers of the devout and answer them. I am not making any claims in this debate on deism or polytheistic religions such as Hinduism, the former because I want to discuss a god who interferes with humans and the latter because I know very little about it (this being something I should and will correct). Also, I would like it if someone of one of the Abrahamic Religions responded to my post as this will make a more interesting debate.

The burden of proof in any argument always lies on the people making the claim. A person is guilty until proven innocent. The person who says something happened, or says something exists must prove it. An infinite amount of things do not exist at any given point, and an infinite among of things are not happening as you read this, but only a finite amount of things are happening. Each moment that I type the letter "A" I am not typing the letter "B" or "C" or taking a shower or eating a banana or eating banana pudding. I could list things that I am not doing for a quite a bit longer than things I am doing. Now if you are given no evidence at a given point in time that I am in the process of typing the letter A, it is absurd and irrational to assume that I am typing that letter (there is an infinite list of things I could be doing which are more or less equiprobable but there is only one potential event that I type the letter A, which is that I type it) at that point in time. Furthermore, it is ridiculous and time-wasting (at best) to then to worship my typing of the letter A (one because it is so obviously improbable, but also because it is quite strange to worship single-minded typists). That said, I am not definitively not typing the letter A at any given point in. I could be, but the chances are so slim as to beyond consideration. This is the way I feel about the existence of God. Of course, me typing a particular letter and the worship thereof is a ridiculous idea, but the point still stands and the analogy is clear. This is the essence of Russell's teapot argument (http://en.wikipedia.org...) and an argument which is very compelling. Our system of guilty until proven innocent is one of the things that makes the American judicial system great, and that same logic and reasoning should be applied to all issues worthy of debate (such as this one).

Because of all this, there is very little I can say in this opening in the way of arguing. I can point out the lack of evidence presented to me in favor of God, although hopefully some will be shown to me as this continues. I am doomed to wait for a response, and then respond to the arguments put forward with counter-arguments. Because when we debate the existence of something, the assumption is that it does not exist. Therefore, once someone puts forth the idea that something (be it God, rainbows exists or something has/is/will happened/happening/happen, they must put forth their evidence, and the skeptic must discuss and pry at the aforementioned evidence. It is in this way that we can reach at the truth (or the probability) of such a statement. I eagerly anticipate the response of one of the faithful.
abraralam

Con

My claim forever is thatthe God of Islam Almighty Allah who created this universe, exits. The Natural, Neutral and Irrefutable Proofs on it is that the natures like the earth the fire the water the air the human bodies obey only our God of Islam.
The Earth: (1)
The Earth is a nature. It cannot tell a lie. It cannot favor or support wrong thinking or wrong beliefs or wrong lifestyles. It is 100% true and neutral. This obeys only true God or true followers of God. It doesn't obey any other fabricated Gods or any followers of fabricated Gods or any Atheists.
The irrefutable proof on above commentary is that there are hundreds of fresh dead bodies with fresh blood of Muslim Martyrs and saints who are preserved from decay in their graves since centuries and years without used any chemicals. Once we had dug their graves for any reasons, we found them in above condition, our doctors examined them and there are thousands of eyewitnesses too. We will not dig their graves again for every person on his desire now because you non-Muslims are 5 billion at this time in the world.
So, if you are sincere for truth, but you do not trust us, then contact us with your doctors, researchers and media team about the research of these fresh dead bodies. If you refuted above research, we will pay you 1 million dollars and we will be ready for any punishment from you in front of world media otherwise accept our research and enter in Islam. Do not see condition of some bad Muslims because the Islam is perfect, but all Muslims are not perfect.
According to my research there is no fresh dead body with fresh blood of any Atheists and Non-Muslims that is preserved from decay under the Earth or on the Earth since centuries and years without used any chemicals. So it is 100% proof that there are no other Gods except Almighty Allah and the nature Earth doesn't support or obey any fabricated Gods (except Almighty Allah) or followers of fabricated Gods or Atheists.
The Air: (2)
The Air is a nature. It cannot tell a lie. It cannot favor or support wrong thinking or wrong beliefs or wrong lifestyles. It is 100% true and neutral. It obeys only true God or true followers of God. It doesn't obey any other fabricated Gods or any followers of fabricated Gods or any Atheists.
The 100% proof on it is that if you leave intact dead bodies of all soldiers on the Earth who fought against each other in the name of their Gods and religion, then after death only Muslim Martyrs will remain in fresh condition with fresh blood and their enemies will decay.
There are two questions to all Atheists and Non-Muslims:
1) The Muslim soldiers who are slain in the way of Islam, why their dead bodies remain in fresh condition with fresh blood? And, all Atheists and all Non-Muslims soldiers who are murdered in the way of their religions, why their dead bodies do not remain in fresh condition with fresh blood?
2) Why the God did not preserve your soldiers' dead bodies who sacrificed for Him and why the God of Islam Almighty Allah preserved the dead bodies with fresh blood of those Muslim soldiers who sacrificed for Him?
The Fire: (3)
It is perfect that the Fire is a nature. It does not have any capacity to save any human body in it. So, if a Muslim goes in it without using any chemicals and he is immune to burn, then it will be a miracle and a 100% proof on truth of Islam. And, look how intransigents are majority of Atheists and Non-Muslims that they do not agree to demonstrate such miracle and if we Muslims are ready to demonstrate such miracle (by the mercy of Allah) then they are not even willing to convert to Islam.
Dear Atheists and non-Muslims, I ask you that if a Muslim goes in Fire without using any chemical on his body in front of world media and he is immune to burn in it, then will you all convert to Islam or not?
If yes, then fix a time, date and place and start announcement in whole world because you are 5 billion and it is impossible that we enter in Fire for every Atheists and Non-Muslims for proving the truth of Islam.
The Water: (4)
The water is a nature. Our claim is that it only obeys the God of Islam or only true followers of God of Islam. So please study following research and event that is proof on our claim
Prophet Moses and his followers (peace be upon them) were escaping from Egypt. When they reached to the Red Sea, they prayed to Almighty Allah. Allah the exalted said to Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) to hit the Red Sea with his staff. When the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) hit the Red Sea, then sea split in two parts and they found the open path to cross the sea. So, the Prophet Moses and his followers (peace be upon them) crossed the sea.
The Pharaoh Ramesses and his army who were chasing the Prophet Moses and his followers (peace be upon them) reached to Red Sea. They found the open path, so they walked on dry ground following them, but when they reached in the middle of Red Sea, the sea joined back on them and they drown in it.
After this event, Almighty Allah saved the dead body of Pharaoh forever as a sign for Atheists and Non-Muslims.
So according to head of archaeologist and anatomical scientists the Professor Maurice Bucaille (who converted to Islam after his research) and according to Holy Quran, Pharaoh Ramesses died in the Red Sea following the Prophet Moses and his followers (peace be upon them).
For details on research of Professor Maurice Bucaille on this event please study "The Dead body of Pharaoh" in the article section on www.rightfulreligion.com.
Commentary on this event:
(1) This event is 100% true. So this event proves that there is existence of a God Almighty Allah (who is God of Islam and the God of Prophet Moses) because the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) hit the red sea via his staff by the order of Almighty Allah and the red sea obeyed the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) and his God Almighty Allah.
(2) This event also proves that water obeys the God Almighty Allah and His true followers because when the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) hit the red sea via his staff by the order of Almighty Allah, it divided in two parts and gave the way for Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) and his followers.
(3) There are some true Muslim followers of Almighty Allah who can split the red sea in two parts at this time too in front of world media by the order of Almighty Allah but only if 5 billion Atheists and Non-Muslims will agree to convert to Islam.
(4) My challenge forever is that there is no other God except Almighty Allah who is the God of Islam. If anyone from Non-Muslims claims that there is another God except Almighty Allah, then he should prove his God by any neutral, natural and irrefutable proofs & evidence in front of world media.
(5) I also challenge forever that there is no any Atheists and Non-Muslims who can claim that the water obeys or supports him.
References from Holy Quran:
Holy Quran, Surah 10, Verse 90-92:
We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with the flood, he said: "I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit (to Allah in Islam).
(It was said to him): "Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief (and violence)!

This day shall We save you in your body, that you may be a Sign to those who come after you! But verily, many among mankind are neglectful of Our Signs"

Holy Quran, Surah 41, Verse 53:
We shall (continue to) show them Our evidence in the world and within their souls until it becomes clear that the Quran is the truth. Is it not sufficient for you that your Lord witness all things?
Holy Quran, Surah 7, Verse 179:
We have destined many men and jinn for hell. They have hearts but do not understand, eyes but do not see. They have ears but do not hear. They are worse than lost cattle. These are the heedless ones.
aasib

Pro

Firstly, let me restate that I do not know what you mean by the term nature in such sentences as "Air is a nature". Now I will attempt to debate the arguments you have put forth in the most rational and logical way possible.

Firstly, I think it is highly improbable that these bodies do not decay. You cited no sources for such and there is proof for the fact that bodies do decay, it is irrational to therefore assume that certain bodies do not decay because of a factor that has nothing to do with the biology of decaying (beliefs about the world held beforehand).

Even if we accept the postulate that the bodies of dead jihadis do not decay, you argument on the Earth still does not stand. "The Earth is a nature. It cannot tell a lie. It cannot favor or support wrong thinking or wrong beliefs or wrong lifestyles. It is 100% true and neutral. This obeys only true God or true followers of God. It doesn't obey any other fabricated Gods or any followers of fabricated Gods or any Atheists.
The irrefutable proof on above commentary is that there are hundreds of fresh dead bodies with fresh blood of Muslim Martyrs and saints who are preserved from decay"

First, let us point out that most inanimate objects can tell a lie. The exception would be texts and things of such nature (telling a story, which by definition can be true or false), but the Earth is not one of those. As far as I know, the Earth has no way of expressing itself as a conscious being. Correct me if I am wrong (with evidence). Next, the position that the Earth cannot support wrong thinking or beliefs is outrageous. Explain serial killers, rapists, criminals, and for that matter, Non-Muslims (a definite majority of all of these, as far I know, live on the Earth). Thirdly, anything that is "100% true and neutral" cannot "obey only true God or true followers of God" unless you are using a very strange and unorthodox version of the word neutral. Next, if the Earth doesn't obey fabricated Gods or atheists, why are countries such as the United States (a non majority Muslim nation) suffering less hardship and horror than Syria (a majority Muslim nation).

Now, let us get to the crux of your argument, featuring the bodies of martyrs. The idea that the corpses of martyrs do not decay is not true. Also, even if it were true there is so much evidence that the Earth is not "biased" such that that fact would not irreversibly turn the debate in your favor. Firstly, the corpses of those who use suicide vests are not recognizable when compared with their bodies beforehand (also, one might wonder why Allah is concerned with the state of the body of a martyr when is he in paradise and has no need of that bodily form). To get back to my second point in this paragraph, which was discussed before, is that the Earth does not favor followers of Allah. Indeed, many of the nations whose religion is predominately Islam, such as those of Southeast Asia and the Middle East, as a general rule, are not doing as well economically and politically (and really any other measure of how a country is doing) then those of America and Western Europe, who's most dominate religion is Christianity. So, even if we accept that the bodies of Muslim martyrs do not decompose (which I don't) there is still little evidence to support the idea that the Earth supports Islam. We could say, seeing as the Earth is an inanimate object it has little concern with supporting any particular belief system, that the Earth could not play a factor in the prevalence of one ethical system or religion over the other. Of course, this may seem a tad radical, so I'll just throw it out there as a thought. Your last claim was that the Earth does not obey any God but Allah, to which I simply say that there needs to be evidence to such a statement. Until then it simply falls under worshipping the teapot in Russell's teapot argument.

To respond to your argument about the air, I am still unclear what a nature is, so please explain it in your next reply. My argument to these statements are quite similar to the arguments for the Earth. The inability of inanimate objects to speak or communicate meaning, nonetheless lie, is proof of the ridiculousness of the state "[The Air] cannot tell a lie." Neither can the desk that I am writing this on or the chair which I currently sit upon, but that provides no foundation for the belief that these are holy or the product of a supernatural being. The air clearly does "support" wrong thinking, at least wrong thinking if we accept Islam to be true (I don't). Now, as I have mentioned before, the non-decaying of martyrs doesn't work as an argument because they do (the bodies of suicide bombers). To answer your two questions to all Atheists and Non-Muslims (which are basically the same question) I quote The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins: ""The fact that a question can be phrased in a grammatically correct English sentence doesn"t make it meaningful, or entitle it to our serious attention." Seeing as we have already cast doubt on the existence of non-decaying martyrs and the significance thereof, I think we safely categorize these as questions not entitled to "serious attention."

The Fire argument is different than the other two arguments. This seems to me the essence of it. Correct me if I am wrong (also, in your response, please define a nature). If a Muslim person enters flame without any sort of protection, and survives, then Islam is correct. So, you propose that Muslims issue this as a challenge to all non-Muslims and have such an event heavily spectated so Allah can be proven to exist once and for all. Leaving aside whether or not that if that process definitively happened (i.e.. the non-burnee did not have any flame protection) that still might not mean that Allah had interfered. Other supernatural explanations could do just fine such as (this is purely speculative) the god of fire did not want someone whose stupidity was of such quality amusement to burn to death in a pointless demonstration of faith in a book written in the seventh century. Now, if we accept the idea that this event would be definitive proof of Allah's existence, we would still need it to be actually tested, so until then no further commentary can be made on the subject.

Your next argument on the "natures" (please define) hinges on the idea that the Red Sea parted for Moses. If it did, then you are correct. But, unfortunately, there is no evidence to suggest such an occurrence, and again I must point out that the burden of proof lies on those making the claims, not denying them (innocent until proven guilty). All the evidence you have is in a book written by a bronze age tribe. If you could prove your claims about the Red Sea, this would be a very different discussion. Also, assuming that the Ramses you are talking about is Ramses II, your statement is incorrect in saying that he died in the Red Sea. He died of complications of arthritis. Next, to deal with Maurice Bucaille, who claimed that Islam must be true because it violates no known scientific principle. Here is an example from the Koran, which implies that stars set (hint: they don't); (53:1) "By the Star when it setteth." Lastly, when it comes down to you commentary labelled (3) under the water section, if a Muslim is able to per for such a feat publicly, then we will talk then, Until then, there is not a lot to be said. To number 5, I say that I do not know what you mean by Atheists and Non-Muslims not being able to have water support them.Explain.

Lastly, your references from the Koran have no effect on rational discourse, seeing as they are part of a book written 1500 years ago that provide no evidence for the claims they make and thus should be excluded from citation in rational discourse.

In conclusion, I feel that I have dealt with all the arguments you have put forward effectively. I will clarify if you have any questions. Also, please define a "nature." I look forward to your response
abraralam

Con

abraralam forfeited this round.
aasib

Pro

Arguments extended
abraralam

Con

abraralam forfeited this round.
aasib

Pro

arguments extended
abraralam

Con

abraralam forfeited this round.
Posted by aasib 3 years ago
aasib
I have read most of your article and to respond to your statement "If you don't understand it then you don't understand it," ... I don't understand it.

Perhaps this is some error on my part, and if so I am open for explanation and correction, but I simply do not understand. I do not understand the correlation of the fear relationships (ID and DD, OP and RP) and religion, and I do not understand the point you are trying to make about religion. If it is that an opinion cannot be formed, please look no further than the last comment for my rebuttal against such. If it is something else, please explain as I cannot understand it. A quick summary of your ideas will do, I do not need you to write another long article. I just need your overall point, which I couldn't deduce from the article (which I'm not saying is your fault, factors such as my own inattentiveness probably play a large role). I would love an explanation. I eagerly await your response.
Posted by aasib 3 years ago
aasib
I am going to read your article. But I would first like to address why I definitively can form a point. You may have countered all of this in you article, but I would first like to reemphasize my initial point.

I would consider myself a very atheist agnostic. As in I am 99% sure there is no God or creator or intelligent designer or anything along that nature. This is because that so many more things do not exist than exist and some many more events are not happening than happening. Therefore, anyone who declares that something is happening shoulders the burden of proof. They must prove it. Since, to the best of my knowledge, they are unable to do so, I cannot accept their statements as fact. If someone was to provide irrefutable evidence toward the evidence of God, then I would be the first to admit it. I have never met someone able to do this (I don't think I will). To quote Richard Dawkins: "It is possible that your car engine is driven by psychokinetic energy, but if it looks like a petrol engine, smells like a petrol engine and performs exactly as well as a petrol engine, the sensible working hypothesis is that it is a petrol engine. Telepathy and possession by the spirits of the dead are not ruled out as a matter of principle. There is certainly nothing impossible about abduction by aliens in UFOs. One day it may be happen. But on grounds of probability it should be kept as an explanation of last resort." The same is true for religion.

I will now get about to reading the article. But, to answer your original statement, that is why I feel I can form a logically defensible opinion detailing the non-existence of an invisible bearded figure in the sky who can hear my thoughts.
Posted by Kako 3 years ago
Kako
@aasib

My opinion is that your are wrong in assuming you can form a conclusion of any sort. Be it for or against.

My writing on this is drawn out. It's long. But if u actually care you'll stick with it. If you don't understand it then you don't understand it:

http://wp.me...
Posted by aasib 3 years ago
aasib
I would love to respond to all of your comments and beliefs, I would just appreciate you putting them in the actual debate section so that they are more public and naturally accessible (after all, they would be right on the home screen of the debate). I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Furthermore, I have read your comments and have arguments against them, but I would just like one thing clarified. I do not understand what you mean when you call something a "nature". You say things such as "the water is a nature" and this makes little sense to me. Perhaps this is some sort of monumental ignorant display on my part, and if so, please correct this immediately. If not (this is something that is not universal amongst Islam or other world religions) please explain as I would still have no understanding of the term nature in that sense. My best guess based on what you have said is that it is something occurring in nature. Is this correct? Please inform.
Posted by abraralam 3 years ago
abraralam
In cemetery of "Jamia Binoria Site Area Karachi Pakistan" founded a fresh dead body with fresh blood of Mufti Ateequr Rahman who was a famous Muslim Scholar and teacher of Jamia Binoria Site Area Karachi Pakistan.

The details of this event is that Mufti Ateequr Rahman was murdered by firing on him on Thursday after prayer of Esha on 23/6/2005 when he was returning after teaching of Holy Quran at Brins road Karachi Pakistan. He was buried on Friday after prayer Asar, in cemetery of Jamia Binoria, site area Karachi Pakistan at dated 24/6/2005.

After 13 months and 24 days on Friday dated 18/8/2006 it happened that his grave was damajed by the hard raining in Karachi and his fresh dead body in sleeping condition became open in his grave. When the principle, teachers and students knew about it, they went to see the dead body of Martyr Mufti Ateequr Rahman in cemetery of this Jamia.

It was very stranger that when his son Mufti Jamal Ateeque entered in his grave for repairing his grave, he found his dead body like alive person. The blood of his wounds was fresh and the perfume was coming from it. The principal of this Jamia Mufti Muhammad Naim, many teachers and students of this Jamia Binoria saw this fresh dead body with fresh blood in his grave.

It is perfect that the Earth itself doesn't have capacity to preserve his dead body in fresh condition with fresh blood since 13 months. So it is a Miracle and a neutral, natural and perceptible proof on truth of Islam, Holy Quran and last prophet hood of Muhammad (peace be upon him), because he was a true and sincere Muslims.

Every one can verify about this event and research about him, or contact to this "Jamia Binoria Site Area Karachi Pakistan" on phone numbers

0092-213 2560300
0092-213 2560400
0092-213 2575228

Fax Number: 0092-212564586

or contact to his son Jamal Ateeque

on Mobile no 0092 300 92 64 709
Posted by abraralam 3 years ago
abraralam
The Water: (4)
Commentary on this event:
(2) This event also proves that water obeys the God Almighty Allah and His true followers because when the Prophet Moses (peac
Posted by abraralam 3 years ago
abraralam
Example: The Fire: (3)
Posted by abraralam 3 years ago
abraralam
Example:The Air: (2)
Posted by abraralam 3 years ago
abraralam
It is my claim forever, that the God of prophet Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Last prophet Muhammad (pace be upon them) exists. The neutral, natural, perceptible and irrefutable proofs on it is that the natures lie the Earth, the air the fire the water obey only God of Islam Almighty Allah. (1) For example:The Earth: (1)
According to my research there is no fresh dead body with fresh blood of any Atheists and Non-Muslims that is preserved from decay under the Earth or on the Earth since centuries and years without used any chemicals. So it is 100% proof that there are no other Gods except Almighty Allah and the nature Earth doesn't support or obey any fabricated Gods (except Almighty Allah).
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Sorry