Aleksa_Stojkovic
backwardseden

The God of the Bible is the most merciful God in all of established religion

Aleksa_Stojkovic
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

Aleksa_Stojkovic

Pro

In this debate, I would like to argue that the God of the Bible is the most merciful God in all of established religion - that includes religions of ancient time with millions of followers and not any type of modern inventions. I have several points to make to support my claim, and each of the points I expect to be countered by you providing an excerpt from an ancient established religious text that can match the mercy shown in the text that I provide - the first example will be the flood:

God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the birds of the air; for it repented me that I have made them in the earth. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. Noah was a righteous man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. And God said unto Noah: the end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Speak, and proclaim to the sons of men, saying: thus says the Lord, return from your evil ways and forsake your works, and the Lord will repent of the evil that he declared to do to you, so that it shall not exist. And Noah spoke all the words of the Lord to the sons of men, day after day, constantly speaking to them. But the sons of men would not listen to them, nor incline their ears to their words. And the Lord gave them a period of one hundred and twenty years, saying: if they will return from their evil ways, then I shall remember their sins no more, and I shall spare them with the earth. And it was after all these years that the Lord said to Noah: the end of all flesh is come before me, on account of their evil deeds, and behold I will destroy the earth. And on that day, the Lord caused the whole earth to shake, and the sun darkened, and the foundations of the world raged, and the whole earth was moved violently, and the lightning flashed, and the thunder roared, and all the fountains in the earth were broken up, such as was not known to the inhabitants before; And God did this mighty act, in order to terrify the sons of men, that there might be no more evil upon earth. And still the sons of men would not return from their evil ways, and they increased the anger of the Lord at that time. And in the six hundredth year of the life of Noah, the waters of the flood were upon the earth. And Noah prayed unto the Lord, and cried unto him on account of this, and he said: O Lord help us, for we have no strength to bear this evil that has encompassed us, for the waves of the waters have surrounded us, mischievous torrents have terrified us, the snares of death have come before us; answer us, O Lord, answer us, and be gracious to us, redeem us and deliver us. And the Lord heard the voice of Noah, and the Lord remembered him. And the day came when the Lord told them to go out of the ark, and they all went out from the ark. And Noah and his sons lived in the land that God had told them, and they served the Lord all their days, and the Lord blessed Noah and his sons when they went out from the ark. And he said unto them: be fruitful and fill all the earth; become strong and increase abundantly in the earth and multiply therein.

backwardseden

Con

Sorry in your bible the great flood IS THE GREATEST ATROCITY EVER COMMITTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"When you start making excuses for atrocities you have removed yourself from ANY valid discussion on morals. When you say "yes the bible says you can own slaves but" well now you"re contradicting yourself because before I was asking if you thought the bible was accurately representing the mind of god, the will of god. You"ve got this conflicted mess of contradictions and you"ve found a way to rationalize them. You"ve gone and looked at them and said "boy that one really sounds bad, BUT that"s what Israel was doing that"s not what god was doing. So let me ask you this" do you believe that there"s an all knowing all powerful fun loving god who has an important message for humanity and he is so completely inept that his best attempts at communicating to people managed to convey the exact opposite message of what you think he meant? Now like are you the one who got it right? And all the people who authored the holy book and got you started that they managed to get it wrong? Is your god such a bumbling buffoon that he cannot state "thou shalt not own somebody as another human being?" or "please don"t rape the people and pillage the villages around you"" and he managed to communicate so poorly that it got written down as "Thou shalt be able to own other people as property and oh by the way go over there and kill everybody kill everything except for the young virgins." Its asinine. You cannot reconcile this." Matt Dillahunty

Wow. Its truly is shocking that there are totally ignorant and completely brainwashed people like you on this planet who go into absolute and full denial in enclosed structures and cannot possibly have any genuine loved ones or friends. What do I mean by genuine? Those that will go way way wayyyyyyyyyy out of their way to help you out in time of dire need and ---never--- ask you a single question. For that I cannot even pity you. But you deserve it. You did it to yourself. You will die alone.

Now to the matter at hand. "The God of the Bible is the most merciful God in all of established religion" You only covered one subject. I'm going to cover a lot. First off, the supposed great flood that you insist on happening, never happened. It was scientifically impossible and is the biggest flaw in you bible thus proving that your god is a fake. And there are sooooooo many flaws that cannot be gotten into with a mere 8,000 character argument.

So let's talk about the one that matters... your god's true hatred of the human race and all life. Wow. Certainly NOT EVERYBODY was wicked. Not babies, not children and not pregnant mothers that YOUR god viciously killed in the great flood that never happened. So your god hates the human race. Solid proof right there. Poof bang done. And you nor anyone can justify the killing of innocent babies suckling on their mothers breasts. Oh but wait, you justify the killing of innocent pregnant mothers which is YOUR god committing abortions. Therefore you as a christian MUST support abortions otherwise you go against YOUR god. Or its a contradictory hypocritical belief that you cannot snake your way out of. Ab-so-lu-te-ly Pathetic. Oh but wait yet again! Your god kills throughout your bible as Indeed god is far far far worse than Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Hong Xiuquan, all serial killers, all rapists, all tortures, all pedophiles, all sadomasochists etc etc etc combined. After all god knowingly created them which means that he is ultimately responsible for them. Its either that or god is not a god and lets them off the hook with nothing but a tap on the shoulder for their horrific, disgusting, repugnant crimes and simply god---does---not---care. Now here's some examples of god"s sickened, diseased, abominable atrocities for absolutely no reason at all... the great flood according to the bible (which never happened btw) so who knows what the body count was there? 3,000 EX 32:27-28, 14,700 NU 16:49, 24,002 NU 25: 1-11, 12,000 JOS 8: 1-25, 10,000 JG 1:4, 120,000 JG 8:7-10, 42,000 JG 12:3-6, 1,000 JD 15:14-15, 3,000 JD 16:27-30, 25,101 JD 16:27-30, 1 SAM 4 34,002, 1 SAM 6:19 50,070, 2 SAM 8 65,850, 1 KI 20: 28-29 100,000, 1 KI 20: 30 27,000, KI 19 35 -37 185,000, 2 CHR 13 17-18 500,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 2 CHR 28:6 120,000, Esther 9:5-18 75,813 etc etc etc Yeah god is really so moral huh? Nope. Oh and btw, there"s no such a thing as "love" within any genocide.

Let's move on. Here's a couple of verses which prove how sick and diseased your god is, And you cannot even prove your god exists...
* god hates gays in his bible and wants them stoned to death LV 20:13 proving god hates and is evil
* god hates anyone that does not believe in him in his bible 2 CHR 15: 12-13, ESPECIALLY if someone worships another god/ idols other than himself, thus wants to kill them DT 13: 9-10 and 17: 2-5 proving god hates and is evil.
* god endorses slavery in his bible EX 21 the entire chapter especially 20-21 which is truly sick and disgusting, LV 25:39, LV 25:42, LV 25: 44-46, DT 15: 12-15, DT 23: 14-16, MT 18:25, proving god hates and is evil
* god gets jealous in his bible EX 20: 3-5, EX 34:14, DT 4: 23-24, DT 32: 16-17, DT 5:9, DT 6:15, JH 24:19, PS 79:5, PS 78:58, 2 COR 1:2, proving that he is evil and hates.
* god wants you to die in his bible if you break the sabbath EX 31:14, NU 15: 32-36 proving god hates and is evil
* god wants to put you to death in his bible if you commit adultery LV 20:10 proving god hates and is evil
* god has freely admitted in his bible numerous times that he IS evil IS 45:7, 2 SAM 12: 11-14 sick and disgusting, EX 32:14, 1 KS 1 22: 22-23, 2 CR 18:22, JM 19:3, JM 19:15, JM 23:12, AM 3:6, DT 30:15, 2 KS 22:16, JU 9:23 thus proving that he IS evil which is irrefutable and also proves he hates
* god in his bible knowingly and truly hates children through numerous passages such as LM4: 9-11, MT 10:37, MT 2:16, JG 21:10, 2 SAM 12:11-14 which is truly sick and disgusting, DT 2:34, NU 31: 17-18, LV 26: 21-22, 1 SAM 15:3, HS 13:16, 2 KS 15:16, EZ 9: 5-7, HS 9: 11-16, EX 12: 29-30, IS 13: 15-18, MT 2:16, (EX 21:17, LV 20:9, MK 7:10, MT 15:4, MT 10:21), JG 11: 30-33, PS 137: 8-9, 2 KS 6: 28-29, DT 21: 18-21, DT 32:25, DT 2: 32-34, DT 3: 3-6, JG 19: 24-29, EX 12:29, 2 HS 2: 23-24, LV 26:29, JM 11: 22-23, JM 19: 7-9, JM 51: 22-26, 2 KS 8: 9-15,LM 2: 20-22, RV 2: 18-23 only to name a few proves god hates and is 100% pure evil.
* god hates women in his bible LM 4 9-11 sick and disgusting, HS 13:16 sick and disgusting, JD 21:10, 2 SAM 12 11-14 sick and disgusting, DT 2:34, NU 31 17:18, LV 26 21:22, 1 SAM 15:3, HS 13:16 sick and disgusting, DT 2 32-34, 2 KS 8: 9-15, 2 KS 15:16 sick and disgusting, EZ 9: 5-7, HS 9: 11-16, 2 KS 6: 28-29 sick and disgusting, JD 19: 24-29, LM 2 20-22 sick and disgusting, 1 COR 14:34,1 TY 2:12 proves god hates and is evil.
* god loves rape in his bible NU 31: 17-18, 2 SAM 12: 11-18 sick and disgusting, JD 19:24-29, JD 21: 10-24, DT 20: 10-14, DT 22: 28-29, DT 21: 10-14, JD 5:30, EX 21 7-11, ZE 14: 1-2 proving that he is evil, pure evil and nothing but, and is filled with hate.
* god commits abortions who knows how many times within several verses in his bible, so that means that christians do not follow their god which is extremely hypocritical and contradictory from his bible HS 13:16 sick and disgusting, 2 KS 8: 9-15 sick and disgusting, 2 HS 15:16 sick and disgusting, HS 9: 11-16, and perhaps the biggest acts of abortions were committed in the great flood according to this so-called god of the bible in the great flood (which never happened btw) so who knows how many pregnant mothers died there in his bible thus proving this god to be nothing but pure evil and hate.
* god loves yummy cannibalism in his bible LM 2: 20-22, JM 11: 22-23, LV 26:29, 2 KS 6:28-29, LM 4: 9-11, proving this god to be truly sick and completely whacked out thus is evil and hates.

I'm out of space.
Aleksa_Stojkovic

Pro

I see that you are passionate, you have a lot of emotions inside of you that make you write such long, unorganized, rant-like blocks of text, filled with hatred and insults to the brim.

I have seen you on your YouTube channel, and I believe there is some good left in you. I want to debate you, I want to answer every question that you have, but I can not do so unless you choose to present your points in an organized, point by point manner, that I can address very clearly without spending the entire day doing it.

Right now, I could spend the entire day taking apart your blocks of text and answering everything that you mention. I have time, but I don't have that amount of time. It would be perfectly fine if you could limit your points to 3 per round, and exclude all emotions that you may have from the text (no insults, name calling, and so on).
backwardseden

Con

If my lingo sounds a bit harsh here, well its how i talk to all, even my friends whom I"ve had for twice your age. I"m up front, honest, do not lie, and real which is something I can"t say for quite a lot here at debate.org. Ready?
Since your entire argument is thus fa entirely hinged upon Noah"s ark and the great flood, let"s debunk that right now because it NEVER HAPPENED. Here are a few common sense videos to unequivocally prove this and they are irrefutable. However, the last 2 are fun! But of course there"s PLENTY of backup that states the same thing.
- How archeology disproves Noah"s flood
- The math of the great flood
- Noah"s ark is plagiarized
- Noah"s ark debunked
- Atheists at the ark encounter (this is hilarious!)
- Reading Ken Ham"s tweets

One thing I want to make crystal clear is the ---only--- thing I hate is the god of the bible. That"s because this so-called printed god of the bible hates pretty damn near the entire human race, everything, and nobody can even prove he even exists. He hates babies, children especially, gays, women, those that do not worship or idolize or worship him him, those that curse at their parents, adulterers, those that break the sabbath, those that blaspheme, he loves raped women, loves deliberate genocides, loves bloodshed, loves cannibalism, has an ego a mile long etc etc etc. He gets angry, has wrath, has vengeance, has rage, has fury, has evil, has jealousy. All in which he has freely admitted to. Yeah what a great god. And you worship him. Even better he neatly passed down all those nice neat little emotions down to man so in turn man could learn to hate. Wow. I really want to, and so do so many more, want to get to know this god guy, huh? I will always stand up to this hateful unproved neolithic god that brings in the belief of terrorism, pain and suffering, especially to millions of children every year. And even better is this printed god of the bible could have started out with peace, love, harmony, care, passion, kindness etc etc etc AND KEPT IT. Nah. The printed text shows pure hate and evil time after time after time, especially towards children. I mean even 4 of the 10 commandments are geared towards this god"s bloated superior ego complex, wrong, chuck em, and there"s NOTHING towards children when there should be at least one stating something to the effect of "thou shalt always honor and protect children and ---never--- do unto them any harm. And its all there SPLAT for food right in your bible. Plenty of those verses were revealed in RD1. All you have to do is simply look them up.

Now why on earth should I continue on with a silly little debate with you that you"ve clearly lost from RD1 when you"ve posted to my profile with your sad dull smug egotistical complacent pompous self righteous attempts to make and milk idle threats? Let"s get super real here. A live debate is far far far worse. Look at the presidential debate with insults being flung left and right. My insults and debates my dear friend are quite tame in comparison. And my insults ARE ORIGINAL!!!! LAUGH AT THEM!!! They are dumb, extremely stupid, hokey, and couldn't hurt a tse tse fly dancing to Melt Banana songs.

You call what I have stated from RD1 "rants" and yet your god is clearly pulverized and mulled over because what I did was go above and beyond and what you presented of your god, in which you cannot even prove even exists, with quite a few of his hateful verses of true terror of who he hates in is his bible branching out from the great flood, which never happened btw. You only presented, and wasted a lot of ground of pure genocide, one category, which was a very bad move. And you, like christians only on the planet, no one else, I see that you truly have to invent excuses with such a long stage name, with such a long winded speech that went nowhere with your first RD that showed just how subjective and homicidal and genocidal your god truly is, all you have to do is think about it, in RD1, in which case christians do not have the ability to do along with not having the ability to reason, rationalize, use, common sense, nor use logic because god does not require a single ounce of it, you have to invent excuses for your god in order for him to make smell as cheery as coffee beans which never works for those that are intelligent and educated. Because what you don"t get is that if you go from church to church you will not find a consensus.

"If you try to get clarification, if you try to get what the christian orthodox view is on the law, you're not going to find consensus. You"re not going to find christians "oh here"s what christians think about" they"re all going to have this concept of this different thing now. But as far as it applies and why and what to do with it, they"re all different. Its going to be a hard argument because most have different ideas about it and most are going to change their ideas and start tweeking them as soon as they have to start answering questions because they haven"t looked into it before most of them." Tracie Harris

"If I were you I would treat this as an exercise in understanding the whole of the fabric of societies. So maybe go ahead and talk to your pastor and don"t go in with an agenda. Go in and just interact and interview him and find out interesting things. And find out points where you agree and disagree. And then do the same thing with somebody else. Go to your local synagogue and ask them about judaism. Look up as many denominations as you can and have a chat with people. And I think what you"ll find over time is that everybody is convinced that they know the absolute truth. And everybody has wildly different opinions about what that is." Russell Glasser

"Religious leaders are not trained in any sort of objective information. They are very well trained in is backtalk. So they might be good at making superficially convincing cases." Russell Glasser

Oh and btw, your god would not rely on text as a source of communication, the worst source of communication possible so everybody can get it wrong with copies upon copies upon copies upon copies with translations upon translations upon translations upon translations with dead languanguages upon dead languages with a 0% chance of being able to trace it back to the original. And even if it could, who is going to interpret it correctly so that ---everybody--- interprets it correctly from across the globe?

"I want to answer every question that you have, but I can not do so unless you choose to present your points in an organized, point by point manner, that I can address very clearly without spending the entire day doing it." Well in briefly looking over what was stated, I only asked one question in RD1 and in this RD.
Aleksa_Stojkovic

Pro

I don't know how many times I have to repeat this: Nowhere am I claiming that the flood took place, or that God exists. I am merely stating that if, if, if everything happened as stated, then it is true that God is merciful. But if you wish to turn this into a "prove this and that" debate, then I would be more than happy to do so. In fact, I am even better at that type of debate.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I clicked on the "mathematics" video that is supposed to disprove the flood, and by the time I finished the video, I was astonished by one thing, and that is, that a human is able to achieve the level of ignorance that is required to produce such a piece-of-crap video.

I know, those are not very kind words about the author of that video. But I am going to prove that I am right, and that the author of that video, is indeed, a very ignorant person, who does not understand the basics of the flood as taught in the Bible.

Here are the arguments that were brought up in the video:

(1) all of the species could not possibly board the ark, there is not enough space
Nowhere does the Bible mention species. In fact, species is a term that was invented in the 18th century by Carl Linnaeus, so to say that the term is a part of Genesis, is ridiculous. When we read Genesis, we don't hear about species, we hear about kinds. Guess what kinds are defined as, in Genesis? Animals that can produce offspring. Oooh, now that reduces the number of animals that were needed on the ark dramatically. This is not exactly a good start for that "skeptic" math geek.

(2) there is not enough water to cover Mt. Everest, therefore the flood is a myth
It's interesting that so few people have heard of this, but the Bible actually states that mountains arose during the later part of the flood, so when the waters were covering the highest mountains in the early part of the flood, it's not speaking about the same mountains at all. You can see this in Psalms: "You covered the earth with the deep as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains. At your rebuke they fled; at the sound of your thunder they took to flight. The mountains rose, the valleys sank down to the place that you appointed for them." It's too bad the author of the video is not aware of this.

(3) the amount of rain that is required for the flood is not possible to achieve
He assumes that all of the water comes from rain, and that is very wrong, for the Bible clearly states that water came both in the form of rain, and from the fountains of the deep: "In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up... And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights." I encourage you to message this person and make him aware of this as well. He seems awfully ignorant. In addition to this, he even assumes that Mt. Everest is the highest mountain during the flood, this I have addressed already.

I mean, you're handing me +1 hours of videos to listen to, where the authors name argument after argument. No one has the time to address all of that. So what I have done here, is address one of the videos. If you would like me to address a specific video in the next round, please say so, and I will do that.
backwardseden

Con

Oh ab-so-lu-te-ly you are trying to claim and argue that the great flood took place young man/ lady and don"t you dare even bother trying to make the sad miserable attempt to try to snake your way out of it. I really hate it when people like you DO NOT own up to their sad whimsical ways that is a party to them and yet they are so contradictory and truly hypocritical and they try to crucify others for their exact same faults which proves them to be contradictory hypocrites which is EXACTLY what you are. Its just too fricken bad if you don"t like it. Deal with it. I"ve seen people like you come and people like you go. Believe me, you WILL go with actions like that. Make absolutely no mistake about it. Sheesh. Now you look up the words "claim" and "argue" in which you mentioned or do I need to post the definitions to them?

Really? god was "merciful" in killing every single fricken living thing except for 2 of everything and Noah and his family? Now you tell me how killing babies still suckling on their mother"s breasts while their lives were being snuffed out by YOUR god, children and pregnant mothers is in any way being "merciful" in the biggest genocide of all time which never took place? Now you watch this video. K since you think you are so smart. Its aptly named "god hates children" which is geared towards children of your age. - You go right ahead and tell me or ANYONE who is even remotely intelligent or edumacated, unlike you obviously, how that is "merciful". Sheesh. Oh and oh yeah if YOUR god was so p**sed off at the world and he"s omnipotent then he could have left ALL other living things on the planet and NOT tortured them to death by horrifically suffocating them to death AND he could has automatically whisked ALL babies, children, and pregnant mothers and well actually EVERYBODY off the earth without torturing them. But nah your fricken god has this perverse way about him that he loves to watch pain and suffering especially among babies and children as---just---proved you total arrogant prick. Oh and oh yeah to prove that this god of yours is imperfect, he needs 6 days to create the known universe, but 40 days and 40 nights to flood the earth? Where"s the math? Oh and oh yah since this god of yours is supposed to be god he could have simply said POOF, bang, done. Now what part of that don"t you understand?

Yah clicked on the mathematics one which naturally by your limits, because you cannot refute it and just because you know absolutely NOTHING about science and mathematics, that's not my problem, that's yours, nice bluff,, has nothing to challenge it. Remember when I said there"s plenty to back it up with? Here you go. Oh and btw this is taken directly from your idiot bible. Have fun. You can find all of this on https://infidels.org... - Bible Absurdities oh there's a lot of fun on this website!!!
GE 6:19-22, 7:8-9, 7:14-16 Two of each kind are to be taken, and are taken, aboard Noah's Ark.
GE 7:2-5 Seven pairs of some kinds are to be taken, and are taken, aboard the Ark.

GE 6:5 God is unhappy with the wickedness of man and decides to flood the earth to eliminate mankind. All living things including plants, animals, women and innocent children are also exterminated. (Note: This is like burning down a house to rid it of mice.)
GE 6:15 The size of Noah's Ark was such that there would be about one and a half cubic feet for each pair of the 2,000,000 to 5,000,000 species to be taken aboard.
GE 7:17-19 The flood covered the entire earth at the same time. (Note: There is no evidence of a worldwide flood, but rather of many, widespread, but local floods.)
GE 7:19-20 The flood covered the earth with water fifteen cubits (twenty plus feet) above the highest mountains.(Note: This would require steady, worldwide rainfall at the rate of about 6 inches per minute, 360 inches per hour, 8640 inches per day--for 40 days and nights--so as to cover the entire earth with an endless ocean 5 miles deep, thus burying 29,000 ft. Mt. Everest under 22 ft. of water. How did the author know the depth of the water? Did Noah take soundings? And where has all this water gone?)
GE 8:20 Noah's first recorded action following the flood is to sacrifice one of every clean animal and bird. (Since so few animals were saved, this could be considered rather wasteful and defeating--especially given that the stated purpose of taking the animals aboard the Ark was to keep them alive [GE 6:20]. To see a discussion of the various ways this verse can be interpreted, and in turn the different ways to approach the Bible generally, see addendum.)
GE 8:21 The odor of Noah's sacrifices was pleasing to the Lord.
GE 9:12-16 God first creates the rainbow. (Note: Apparently the laws having to do with refraction of light were null and void prior to this time.)

Um oh oh yeah, the super important one, the How archeology disproves Noah"s flood, you gonna neatly overlook that one huh which thus proves that the great flood never happened. Thus is the true typical christian, can"t examine evidence especially when slapped in the face with it.
Oh gosh golly gee gosh darned it all, Aron Ra who happens to know a lot more about YOUR printed god and so do I, he made 2 more videos on the same subject in which I shall now present to you and naturally since you cannot cover for your sorry you know where areas, you will neatly ignore them as well because you have no answers and you truly hate to lose and cannot own up to one fricken thing in life. To bad. Eat it. I have evidence. I do my research. You have nothing. You expect EVERYBODY to believe in your dandruff flakes.
- How Mythology Disproves Noah"s Flood
- How Zoology Disproves Noah"s Flood

Now we are getting somewhere with your dribble, not drivel. Let"s look at what you said and rip it to shreds because wow do you deserve it. (1) all of the species could not possibly board the ark, there is not enough space Nowhere does the Bible mention species. In fact, species is a term that was invented in the 18th century by Carl Linnaeus, so to say that the term is a part of Genesis, is ridiculous." Welp you"d be the only one that would agree with that. And you"d have to prove it to billions of others. Then you continue "When we"" Who is this "we". Um no. Its you. Only you. I have read genesis. I have also watched PBS"s Nova which knows one helluva lot better than you. Now watch this to prove you utterly wrong as always and you can start at about 14:45" - The bible"s buried secrets
Oh and oh yeah (this is fun btw) to make matters even worse for you YOUR christian god would not be stupid enough nor imbecilic enough to rely on text as a source of communication, the worst source of communication possible so everybody can get it wrong with copies upon copies upon copies upon copies with translations upon translations upon translations upon translations with dead languanguages upon dead languages with a 0% chance of being able to trace it back to the original. And even if it could, who is going to interpret it correctly so that ---everybody--- from across the globe interprets correctly? Shame shame.

So the math video is correct and you are incorrect. Darn.

(2)See? Which verse(s) are those, and which abomination for a translation is it?
"You covered the earth with the deep as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains." Which mountains? It doesn"t say which ones nor ALL of them. The valleys sank to where? 1 foot below from what it was before? See how stupid, frail and fragile these idiotic verses are? This is simpleton first grade stuff.

I'm out of space. If this conversation is going to continue, then you need to compile some evidence, use some intelligence, and stop inventing excuses and refute the previous verses from RD1.
Aleksa_Stojkovic

Pro

You wrote a response, before you even finished reading mine - why would you do that?

In my very first point, I explain that species are not a part of the flood story - and what do I see you write?

You write, and I quote: "GE 6:15 The size of Noah's Ark was such that there would be about one and a half cubic feet for each pair of the 2,000,000 to 5,000,000 species to be taken aboard."

Perhaps you are correct, I can not argue with such an intelligent person as yourself.
backwardseden

Con

"You wrote a response, before you even finished reading mine - why would you do that?" All I did was base my tracks on your utter lack of evidence and me pouring it on because I do have evidence. A lot of it. And the thing that makes me know that this person doesn't know at all what he/she does not know a single word about what he/she is talking about is that he/she can only talk about ---one--- subject. AND its a losing end for his/her/ perspective. Not only that but seriously? Your excuse, and it truly horrific at best is "I mean, you're handing me +1 hours of videos to listen to, where the authors name argument after argument. No one has the time to address all of that." In which I don't buy for a single second. Um no. Because oh yes, you absolutely do. You like sooooooo many christians, who state that they are christians, but in reality ABSOLUTELY NO ONE CAN POSSIBLY BE A CHRISTIAN and that's according to the bible in which you have clearly NOT READ, cannot handle a single ounce of evidence especially when handed to you right front and center from your bible and you simply don't believe it. And you know what? Then perhaps you shouldn't sign up for any debate if you cannot handle actual evidence rather than complaining about it.
Now as stated you need to come up with some evidence in order for this conversation to continue, and not just enter the dragon same thing time and time again. Refute A LOT of the verses from RD1.
Aleksa_Stojkovic

Pro

I refuted a video that you posted, and you took absolutely no notice. Why then should I refute anything else that you bring up? It would be a complete waste of time.
backwardseden

Con

"I refuted a video that you posted, and you took absolutely no notice." Wow. See that's EXACTLY to the letter why you are... either a point blank liar, or you simply can't read which isn't a surprise as its what christians do when they have their backs stabbed against the wall with 0 outs. You in fact did not in any way refute the one video that you attempted to because I back slammed your sorry butt right against it so you would have 0 outs to respond in return. And regardless, one video? Big whoop. I presented 10 videos for you whimsical meow mix tired brain to refute. Oh and naturally you picked what you thought would be the easiest one to refute but naturally, like the unedumacated unscientific and not knowing anything at all about mathematics, you failed completely and THAT was proven in the previous round in which you did not refute or are a point blank liar. Bye.
Posted by backwardseden 2 weeks ago
backwardseden
@Nanobeaver - "The God of the Bible is the most merciful God in all of established religion" Is the entire subject would you agree or not? Well if you have intelligence, then that answer would be a clear YES". So "a lot of the points about God hating the Gays are kind of irrelevant" is in no possible way irrelevant at all considering the absolute fact that god DOES hate gays (in which as only mentioned ONCE btw, so you'd better check your records on that) and is NOT merciful towards ANY of them and wants to kill them. PERIOD.
Then you change the subject entirely which was NEVER mentioned in the debate, only in your spasmatic completely ignorant words "since the entire point of Jesus descending and being nailed to the cross was so that we weren't governed by the rules of Leviticus" and you do realize that jesus was NOT the messiah? I mean you do get that right? 1. god never gave powers of any kind for this jesus, who in which cannot even be proved ever existed, just like god cannot be proved has ever existed, to change any of his laws in his bible. Thus the laws of the OT stand tall and unchanged unto this day. jesus cannot come up and automatically say "I'm here accept me." Um no. That's up to god to show jesus's presence and give him the powers necessary to change god's laws in which never occurred in the bible. 2. jesus broke several of god's laws such as working on the sabbath in which required the death penalty. Yet strangely jesus was not given the death penalty. 3. And pay attention closely...
2 Tiimothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."

Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."
Yep the word of god CANNOT be changed. So jesus is false. christianity is false. The entire NT is false.
Posted by Aleksa_Stojkovic 2 weeks ago
Aleksa_Stojkovic
"I just want to point out that the argument wasn't actually if God was real or necessarily merciful but rather that he was the most merciful compared to other religion."

Thank you Nanobeaver. Finally someone understands.
Posted by Nanobeaver 2 weeks ago
Nanobeaver
I just want to point out that the argument wasn't actually if God was real or necessarily merciful but rather that he was the most merciful compared to other religion.

Also a lot of the points about God hating the Gays are kind of irrelevant in the same way that eating shrimp and the stuff about the Sabbath are, since the entire point of Jesus descending and being nailed to the cross was so that we weren't governed by the rules of Leviticus which most of Backwardseden's argument stems from...just saying.
Posted by backwardseden 2 weeks ago
backwardseden
Oh and you were proven wrong at how merciless this printed god of yours is in RD1 by his own lips.
Posted by backwardseden 2 weeks ago
backwardseden
@habebate - And you cannot even prove this god even exists. Merciful to all creatures so he drowned them in a great flood. That's being merciful. Nice knowing yah and how you babble onto yourself because you must be lonely with no genuine friends or loved ones.
Posted by habebate 2 weeks ago
habebate
God, the Creator is only one .. The Quran, the Bible, and all God's Books are messages of the same God, the Creator. He is most merciful to all creatures except those nonbelievers and criminals who refuse to follow the instructions of God who created them and everything.
Posted by backwardseden 2 weeks ago
backwardseden
No. I had to look it up. I wasn't even aware you set up a debate with me.
Posted by Aleksa_Stojkovic 2 weeks ago
Aleksa_Stojkovic
I assumed that notifications automatically inform you
Posted by backwardseden 2 weeks ago
backwardseden
I did not even know you sent me a debate. Had you informed me, I would have known a lot earlier.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 week ago
dsjpk5
Aleksa_StojkovicbackwardsedenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con called Pro a "liar". This is poor conduct.