Bible2000
wertap

The God of the Bible most likely exists

Bible2000

Pro

I will be debating that God most likely exists, and that He is most likely the God of the Bible. Round one is just acceptance. Only accept if you are an atheist. Thank you.
wertap

Con

First of all the god in the bible is know to be almighty,http://www.compellingtruth.org.... so if god is almighty then he can create a rock that is impossible to lift and also if god is almighty then god can lift this rock but as a result he cannot create a unliftable rock. this is a paradox made by Aristotle. your question was if the god of the bible exists and the god of the bible is almighty and this paradox shows that a being cannot be almighty therefore the god of the bible does not exist.
Bible2000

Pro

I said round 1 was just acceptance, since I had the burden of proof. Anyways, this will be a very busy week for me in school and will not have time to debate, so I respectfully make a concession. However, Con, I will tell you one thing. There is absolutely no argument you can make against the existence of the God of the Bible. Your argument of the unliftable rock is not a new one, and is easily debunked. Just read this: http://www.gotquestions.org...

God is almighty, yes. But that term does not mean he can do anything. Rather, it describes the amount of power God has. God has unlimited power, which means he can do whatever is possible to be done. God cannot, however, do that which is actually impossible, because true impossibility is not based on the amount of power one has. It is based on what is really possible.
wertap

Con

wertap forfeited this round.
Bible2000

Pro

Bible2000 forfeited this round.
wertap

Con

wertap forfeited this round.
Bible2000

Pro

Bible2000 forfeited this round.
wertap

Con

wertap forfeited this round.
Bible2000

Pro

Bible2000 forfeited this round.
wertap

Con

wertap forfeited this round.
Posted by dhardage 2 years ago
dhardage
The existence of anything supernatural has never been shown by any viable evidence. This includes gods, goddesses, and deities of any nature. Pro will not be able to support his stance with any real evidence, only baseless assertions and fallacious,. presuppositional logic.
Posted by FreedomBeforeEquality 2 years ago
FreedomBeforeEquality
He only has to make it just big enough so that you and no one you know can lift it to say its been made un-liftable. Then again you're at an impasse, because you can't say either way what he is or is not able to create.
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
I love people like this. They say "Disprove God!" but refuse to define what a God is or what a God can do, therefore making it impossible to disprove.

Like me saying "Disprove Walagapus!" You have no idea what you are trying to disprove and have to resort to nitpicking to get anywhere. When we do get a definition it's very vague, and requires further defining to be useful.
Posted by TheSymbiote 2 years ago
TheSymbiote
Ugh, this argument.... again

I would do"this but I don't want to write a whole essay on how the Bible and God don't exist
Posted by Bible2000 2 years ago
Bible2000
He lies outside of the observable universe, but he gave us enough evidence to be sure of his existence.
Posted by Hierocles 2 years ago
Hierocles
How do you propose to frame the probability ("most likely") of existence for a being that lies outside of the observable universe? The biblical God can't really be proven or disproven. See ignosticism...