seekerofjoyinjesusforever
aburk903

The Gospel is crazy amazing!

seekerofjoyinjesusforever

Pro

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." -2 Corinthians 5:17

The Gospel is amazing, i was a self serving worshiper of every sin under the sun. I have broken all of the ten commandments except for one of them. I hated God and claimed He did not exist. But then Jesus stepped into my life and everything changed. So many people think as Christianity as a guide to lifeless joy, but the opposite is true! I am living for my maximum joy now and am not ashamed of the Gospel. There are more atheists on this debate sight and so i will probably loose vote wise. But my intent upon staring this debate is not to win in the eyes of man, but if by God's grace someone's eyes might be opened to see.

Please only except if you are willing to listen and possibly accept what God has to offer. This debate will cover the validity of the Gospel and why people should except it AND if the Gospel is true there most be a drastic response!

Rules:
Round 1 acceptance only
2 arguments presented
3 no new arguments merely responses

Absolutely no foul language allowed!
thank-you and good luck!
aburk903

Con

Thank you for proposing such an interesting topic. I gladly accept. As this round is reserved for acceptance, I will keep my remarks brief and unpersuasive towards my argument.

1. In my opponent's next round, I ask that he clarify if he means the entire Bible is crazy amazing, or simply the 4 gospels. I will be happy to debate either, but would obviously have different contentions to make depending on the scale of the debate.

2. I ask that voters do the obvious and not consider their own personal beliefs when voting on this debate (as my opponent is concerned they will). Argumentation, logic, and compelling evidence must be our only influencing factors when deciding who had the more persuasive argumentation.

3. My opponent asks that I be open to accepting God, provided he presents a compelling case on His behalf. I accept, and I challenge my opponent to enter this debate with the same open-mindedness towards atheism.

I look forward to an interesting debate. Let the conversion begin!
seekerofjoyinjesusforever

Pro

seekerofjoyinjesusforever forfeited this round.
aburk903

Con

My opponent has failed to present a case. The questions I asked in round 1 still stand, and until my opponent presents a case I will simply assert that the Gospel is not crazy amazing, as it is not provable, is morally inconsistent/undesirable, and places man's necessary focus on what may come after death and not in bettering today.
seekerofjoyinjesusforever

Pro

aburk903

Con

Thanks for voting Con, ladies and gentlemen.