ss12
TheJuniorVarsityNovice

The Government Should Substantially Curtail Its Domestic Surveillance

TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Started: 5/20/2015 Category: Technology

ss12

Pro

Please only accept if you are familiar with this topic and know what the government has done in order to use surveillance to collect information from citizens of this country. First round is acceptance round. Please state your argument and define all the terms in the topic resolution. My declaration: the U.S. should substantially curtail its domestic surveillance because overreaching laws have been passed that give the government the unconstitutional right to intrude on our privacy.

RULE: No spicy language.
TheJuniorVarsityNovice

Con

I accept and will define all terms as mandated in the first round, shortly. But first I should like to point out that it cannot be the Con team who presents the first argument, as is standard in a policy debate, the Pro (Affirmative) team must present and defend a plan and take the full burden of proof. But I will gladly provide you with definitions.

The Government: Then United States Federal government, consisting of the legislative, executive and judicial branches which control the United States.

Substantially: "Substantial" is defined as one-third of total assets.

Curtail: reduce in extent or quantity; impose a restriction on.

Its: referring in this case to ownership by the United States Federal Government

Domestic Surveillance: the monitoring of the behavior, activities, or other changing information, usually of people and often in a surreptitious manner. …………may be applied to observation from a distance by means of electronic equipment (such as CCTV cameras), or interception of electronically transmitted information (such as Internet traffic or phone calls). It may also refer to simple, relatively no- or low-technology methods such as human intelligence agents and postal interception.

Thanks, I await your plan.
ss12

Pro

ss12 forfeited this round.
TheJuniorVarsityNovice

Con

Being that the burden of proof is on the opponent and he has failed to present a case, I cannot present any arguments in opposition and thus should win automatically assuming the opponent doesn't argue in any of the following rounds. as of now I can only see a vote for the con.
ss12

Pro

ss12 forfeited this round.
TheJuniorVarsityNovice

Con

ss12

Pro

ss12 forfeited this round.
TheJuniorVarsityNovice

Con

ss12

Pro

ss12 forfeited this round.
TheJuniorVarsityNovice

Con

Vote Placed by TinyBudha 1 year ago
TinyBudha
ss12TheJuniorVarsityNoviceTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeiture of the round
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
ss12TheJuniorVarsityNoviceTied