The Great Quote Race

Started: 12/27/2013 Category: Arts

This will be a challenge to see who will find the best quotes in these categories:
  1. Age
  2. Alone
  3. Anger
  4. Attitude
  5. Beauty
  6. Courage
  7. Death
  8. Design
  9. Dreams
  10. Experience
  11. Failure
  12. Faith
  13. Family
  14. Fear
  15. Forgiveness
  16. Freedom
  17. Friendship
  18. Future
  19. God
  20. Good
  21. Government
  22. Humor
  23. Imagination
  24. Intelligence
  25. Jealousy
  26. Knowledge
  27. Leadership
  28. Life
  29. Love
  30. Money
  31. Patience
  32. Patriotism
  33. Peace
  34. Politics
  35. Relationship
  36. Respect
  37. Romantic
  38. Sad
  39. Smile
  40. Society
  41. Sports
  42. Strength
  43. Sympathy
  44. Teen
  45. Time
  46. Trust
  47. Truth
  48. War
  49. Wisdom
  50. Work

First round is for excepting.

Thanks, Spencer for starting this debate. I accept it, and wish my opponent the best of luck.

I will never be an old man. To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am. -Francis Bacon

I don't want to be alone, I want to be left alone. -Audrey Hepburn.

When anger rises, think of the consequences. -Confucius

Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. -Albert Einstein

Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. -Winston Churchill

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure. -Clarence Darrow

Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works. -Steve Jobs

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.-Colin Powell

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. -Oscar Wilde

The only real failure that counts is not being there for those who need you. –Rebekah

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten. -David Ogden Stiers

I fear that soon I'll be insane. I fear no one will care. But my biggest fear is losing those I love. -Rebekah

I’ll always choose to forgive you, but I’ll never forget. Why won’t I forget you ask? Because I love you to fvcking much and if I forget, If forget what you did, I’ll not remember how much I love you, because I really care, and because I hope to always remember how much love it has taken us to get this far. Siblings stick like duct tape. –Rebekah

Gosh, I don’t really know what freedom is. Maybe it’s because I live in it or maybe because I’ve never been free. –Rebekah

I want friends who, after I am comfortable with, I could trust with my deepest insecurities. Not people who make my deepest insecurities come true. -Rebekah

Future: If the future is based on the present then what the fvck are you doing? -Rebekah

Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right. -Abraham Lincoln

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion. -Abraham Lincoln

Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government. -Thomas Jefferson

If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide. -Mahatma Gandhi

Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. -Albert Einstein

I think intelligence should be based on how many names you know. I’d be the most intelligent person ever. -Rebekah

When I look with a jealous intent my cricket whispers to me how much I’m blessed. -Rebekah

Knowledge of what is does not open the door directly to what should be. -Albert Einstein

Leading is taking the first step with faith you will be safe when you cannot see. -Rebekah

Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too. -Will Smith

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. -Oscar Wilde

The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax. -Albert Einstein

Patience is about not yelling “Shut the fvck up” when your little brother keeps interrupting your homework, but setting it aside to kiss his mistakes. -Rebekah

I have a flag on my bedroom wall. Actually I have two. One because I like to pretend I’m a rebel from Revolution, two because I love the Philippians. -Rebekah

Peace is when my siblings are gone. I know it’s mean, but it’s because I start it all. -Rebekah

When someone asked me my view on homosexuality my mom looked at me with “the face”. I shut up because I hate to be hated for what I believe, but not enough that I change my beliefs.

I’m single and that’s where I plan to stay. You think that’s weird? Well my dad is pretty scary when he hates your guts. -Rebekah

I think all opinions should be respected. Mine, yours, that little six year olds… I think that if you respect their opinions when they are young they’ll vote later on. And anyways it’s cute to hear how little Jimmy wants to go to the Electoral College when he is bigger -Rebekah

A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure. -Charlie Chaplin

The tragedy of life is in what dies inside a man while he lives - the death of genuine feeling, the death of inspired response, the awareness that makes it possible to feel the pain or the glory of other men in yourself. -Norman Cousins

A warm smile is the universal language of kindness. -William Arthur Ward

We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork. -Milton Friedman

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. -Michael Jordan

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. -Friedrich Nietzsche

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. -Khalil Gibran

Adolescents are not monsters. They are just people trying to learn how to make it among the adults in the world, who are probably not so sure themselves. -Virginia Satir

Lost time is never found again. -Benjamin Franklin

The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool. -Stephen King

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. -Winston Churchill

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. -Michael Jordan

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. -Confucius

birdlandmemories forfeited this round.

birdlandmemories and I have agreed to postpone this debate for a while. We ask that you would not vote on this debate as not to increase our elos. Thanks.

birdlandmemories forfeited this round.

Please do not vote.

birdlandmemories forfeited this round.
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 2 years ago
We are going to postpone this debate.
Posted by DudeStop 2 years ago
Oh lol it's every category...
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 2 years ago
I know. It's an inside joke.
Posted by DudeStop 2 years ago
* By the way, you spelled *accept* wrong in the first round.

"Name to me one moral or ethical action or behaviour committed or carried out by a believer that could not have been committed or carried out by an atheist. Can't? Then perhaps try to name one immoral or unethical action or behaviour that has been committed or carried out in the name of God"

"The Bible may, indeed does, contain a warrant for trafficking in humans, for ethnic cleansing, for slavery, for bride-price, and for indiscriminate massacre, but we are not bound by any of it because it was put together by crude, uncultured human mammals. Is it too modern to notice that there is nothing [in the ten commandments] about the protection of children from cruelty, ynothing about rape, nothing about slavery, and nothing about genocide? Or is it too exactingly "in context" to notice that some of these very offenses are about to be positively recommended?~God is not great"

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."- Christopher Hitchens

"We can pray over the cholera victim, or we can give her 500 milligrams of tetracycline every twelve hours" - Carl Sagan

"You can do what you decide to do " but you cannot decide what you will decide to do." - Sam Harris

"...There is no God"- Psalm 14:1

"The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps." - Proverbs 14:15

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." - Albert Einstein