gkoz23
ararmer1919

The Gulf of Tonkin Incident was a lie to get us into the Vietnam War

ararmer1919

gkoz23

Pro

It has been confirmed by the Secretary of Defense at the time of the Gulf of Tonkin that the event did not happen. Also, isn't it ironic that JFK, who didn't want to go to war in Vietnam, was assassinated in a pretty obvious conspiracy. Then, as we all know LBJ, took over and guess what his first meeting was as president. It was over Vietnam. I can hardly see how this is debatable because the Secretary of Defense even admitted the event never occurred.
ararmer1919

Con

I accept this debate. I ask however that everyone know that we are not debating wether or not JFK was assassinated by the US government/associates and that incident, regardless of wether or not it is true or false, has no impact on wether or not the Gulf of Tonkin (GoT from here on out) was a false flag attack. As long as my opponent accepts this and we both refrain from making any such arguments related to the JFK assassination in this debate then we are 100% go. However. Since my opponent has already made some comment to this issue I feel inclined to briefly counter what he has already said somewhat.

Yes it is true that when LBJ took office one of the first things he started working on was the issue of Vietnam. Regardless of wether or not the whole JFK thing is true or not, at the time LBJ took office Vietnam was one of the nations most important if not THE most important issue the nation currently had. Is it really so surprising that when he took office one of the first things he worked on was the most important issue going on at the time? That would be like saying that had George W. Bush been killed during the September 11th attacks and the first thing Dick Cheney did was have a meeting about 9/11 that there must have been some government conspiracy to kill Bush so that Cheney could rule and invade Iraq. Sounds ridicules right. Could it have simply been a coincidence. Perhaps. Perhaps not. The reader can decide.

Anyway good luck to my opponent and let's have a goodn.
gkoz23

Pro

gkoz23 forfeited this round.
ararmer1919

Con

Well since my opponent has not been on for several days and has offered no argument I will hold off from doing so myself. Since there is only 1 more round after this I would not mind if my opponent, when he shows, would like to restart the debate. Otherwise this will be boring.
gkoz23

Pro

gkoz23 forfeited this round.
ararmer1919

Con

Well crap. Was looking forward to this but oh we'll. the GoT incident was not a lie because it was not a lie. My logic is undeniable and you must vote con ;)
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
Really? Come on.
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
gkoz23ararmer1919Tied