MasterDebatersUnion
ClitCommander

The Holocaust was a hoax

ClitCommander

MasterDebatersUnion

Pro

In many European countries Holocaust denial is punishable with jail time and as a result more skeptics have appeared. I will take the position that the Holocaust was a hoax fabricated to justify the creation of Israel and the Jewish deaths during WWII are severely over exaggerated.
ClitCommander

Con

I will agree with you that it may be exaggerated as is most of history but the fact that you are saying the holocaust never happened is just down right stupid. There is so much evidence that says it did happen. I don't even really want to debate this intensely because i will just get so frustrated with the fact of how dumb you are.
MasterDebatersUnion

Pro

During the time that the events of the Holocaust were allegedly unraveling a huge Typhus pandemic began to spread. Accompanied with increased destruction of supply lines leading towards the camps the Germans had no choice but to pull out. In fact, It is quite likely that the only difference between camps for Japanese Americans and Jewish Germans was the fact that the German camps were in a war torn country and thus couldn't be properly supplied.

In regards to the exaggeration of numbers of dead Jews it is interesting to note that estimated value of 6,000,000 dead showed up in previous documents prior to the Holocaust. Either with 6,000,000 Jews being homeless or 6,000,000 being discriminated. In fact the value of 6,000,000 is key to a Talmudic prophecy that claims that the state of Israel can only be formed after 6,000,000 Jews disappear.
ClitCommander

Con

Stop bringing up Israel and you make a good argument but still the fact that there were many eye witnesses and survivors that all described the same type of camps and all went through the same thing, i doubt all of them were 'brainwashed' into thinking that. Why would anybody want to even make something that tragic up!? Do you think Anne Frank was just a big liar then or...? There are people with family that they know died in the holocaust.
MasterDebatersUnion

Pro

I disagree. I think that since the Holocaust was key for the creation of Israel it is important to mention it. Now onto your other argument that you made in regards to the victims going through the same events. Many Holocaust survivors do make similar claims but there are many details that are different from person to person and as a result create many discrepancies.

Often times rumors of gassings and ovens for mass burning of bodies are created either due to fear or certain propaganda goals. For example the ovens used in Auschwitz take roughly one day to burn a human body. In order to meet the estimated number of burned inside they would need to cremate an estimated 3,000 a day with only several hundred ovens. Additionally, none of the gassing chambers have the proper infrastructure to quickly remove Zyklon B in a timely fashion. In fact witht the Typhus pandemic the "gassing chambers" could have been used to properly sanitize clothes.

I do not argue that Jews were not discriminated and abused ,as was the case with Anne Frank, but rather that the events peraining to the Holocaust were largely falsified.
ClitCommander

Con

ClitCommander forfeited this round.
MasterDebatersUnion

Pro

MasterDebatersUnion forfeited this round.
ClitCommander

Con

ClitCommander forfeited this round.
Posted by Emilirose 2 years ago
Emilirose
Please: http://www.timesofisrael.com...

Put your biases aside.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
How about global warming is a hoax.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
You can believe that pigs fly. But no amount of historical evidence to the contrary would convince you otherwise.
Posted by my_moral_standards 2 years ago
my_moral_standards
what this debate really shows me is how you can manipulate information however you want... its kind of scary.
Posted by LiThiuM 2 years ago
LiThiuM
Well, Pro def winning so far. lol
Posted by dynamicduodebaters 2 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
I Challenged pro to a debate on this.
Posted by MasterDebatersUnion 2 years ago
MasterDebatersUnion
Its just an argument. I'm not saying it goes one way or another. I came here to see if I could argue the point.
Posted by AlternativeDavid 2 years ago
AlternativeDavid
I have family that died in the holocaust. I'm pretty sure they existed.
Posted by AlternativeDavid 2 years ago
AlternativeDavid
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
MasterDebatersUnionClitCommanderTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides forfeited, negating conduct. For arguments, this was a close one; honestly Con's rebuttals left much to be desired. That said, Pro's case was completely without any actual evidence for a holocaust "hoax". He claims there are "discrepancies" in witness accounts, but doesn't give any. By conceding the existence of witnesses, he somewhat makes Con's case--there are witnesses alleging the Holocaust happened. Pro's only argument against these witnesses is unstated "discrepancies". That seems very insufficient to fulfill his BoP in regards to the motion--and I do see the BoP as resting wholly on Pro. As always, happy to clarify this RFD. To both sides: This is about a historical fact (or non-fact, depending on your side). You both should have actually had evidence ins upport of your contentions. Neither of you offered any--you both just offered speculation. The only reason IMHO Con won was on the eyewitness point, with the help of the BoP.