emospongebob527
iDebate2012

The Holy Bible (KJV) is Generally False, Inconclusive and Unrealistic.

emospongebob527

emospongebob527

Pro

Rules:
1. No semantics
2. No trolling
3. No profanity
4. No vulgarity

Structure:
1. Acceptance/Definitions
2. Opening Statement
3. Rebuttals
4. Rebuttals to Rebuttals
5. Closing Arguments/Conclusion

Definitions:

The Holy Bible- a canonical collection of sacred texts in Judaism or Christianity.

generally- in a general manner.

false- not genuine.

inconclusive- leading to no conclusion or definite result.

unrealistic- not realistic: inappropriate to reality or fact.

By accepting this debate, you are accepting my definitions.........

If you read this debate and do not accept my definitions, do not accept the debate.

If you accept the debate, then either amend, challenge or claim my definitions are false, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO CONCEDE THE DEBATE AND THE VOTERS WILL BE URGED TO VOTE FOR ME.

THANK YOU.
iDebate2012

Con

Hello,
I am glad to be debating with you, you may now present your case, stating that the bible is false.
I agree with your definitions of the words, but don't agree how you put those words with the bible, for I think the bible is true in every way possible.
emospongebob527

Pro

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.
iDebate2012

Con

iDebate2012 forfeited this round.
emospongebob527

Pro

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.
iDebate2012

Con

iDebate2012 forfeited this round.
emospongebob527

Pro

Scientific Errors in the Bible-

Fowls and Insects-

Lev. 11:20-3

"All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you. Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth; even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind. But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you."

This would not conform to current scientific understanding because according to current scientific understanding, fowls have two legs not four http://en.wikipedia.org......;, and insects have six legs not not four.http://en.wikipedia.org......

Bat Classification-

Leviticus 11:13-19

"And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray, and the vulture, and the kite after his kind; every raven after his kind; and the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind, and the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl, and the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat."

This of course can not conform to current scientific understanding because under science bats (mammals) are not considered fowls (birds).

Bats-

Scientific classification
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Infraclass: Eutheria
Superorder: Laurasiatheria[
Scientific classificationhttp://upload.wikimedia.org......; alt="e" width="16" height="16" />
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Clade: Dinosauria
Clade: Theropoda
Clade: Avialae
Class: Aves

The value of Pi-

1 Kings 7:23

"Then he made the molten sea; it was round, ten cubits from brim to brim, and five cubits high. A line of thirty cubits would encircle it completely."

This of course does not conform to current scientific understanding because a circle with a diameter of 10 units should have a circumference of about 31.4159265358979(…) units (10×π) and not 30. Alternatively, if we used these numbers to calculate π (circumference ÷ diameter) we would get a result of precisely 3.

Rabbits and Cud?-

Leviticus 11:5-6

"And the hare, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you."

This does notconform to current scientific understanding because rabbits do'nt have hooves or chew the cud.

The problem here is that cud is food that is regurgitated from the stomach into the mouth so that it can be chewed again and neither the rock badger or the rabbit regurgitate their food into their stomachs to chew.

Another problem with this is rabbits or hares do not have hooves. http://en.wikipedia.org......
iDebate2012

Con

iDebate2012 forfeited this round.
emospongebob527

Pro

Last chance to negate.
iDebate2012

Con

iDebate2012 forfeited this round.
Posted by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
Would you not mind challenging me? I am rather busy to write out a challenge right now, but I will accept, in all probability
Posted by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
K.

A slightly better resolution may be in order, but I am fully willing to debate that.
Posted by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
AlwaysMoreThanYou. I would be happy to debate that with you!
Posted by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
The King James Version is stupid.
Posted by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
Sounds interesting! Will check out
Posted by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
You should check out the "The Theory of Evolution is False" debate between me and the user Samyul.....

My R2 argument is coming up............... Muahahahahahahaha.
Posted by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
Ah, but I'm going to have three concurrent debates in the near future, so maybe next week. I like debating these subjects too.
Posted by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
I love debating about:

The Bible
Evolution
Posted by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
By most of the rules, I'm not talking about the Levitic rules, but about the moral commands. Such as Do not Kill, Do not Lie, etc. Most laws in most countries influenced by Christianity uses the rules as taught in the Holy Bible. Either you abide by these laws or you do not. Which, however, is not for me to decide.
It is conclusive in that it provides a definite result. It gives people purpose. It is realistic in that much of what is depicted within were just about all historians had of certain customs until they found collaborating evidences, which I will not state as I'm not taking this debate, don't want to spoil it for you. :D
Posted by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
I eat shellfish.

I don't kill homosexuals.

I wear mixed fabrics.

I have my hair cut.

I do not repent for my sins.

etc etc etc
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
emospongebob527iDebate2012Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did ff first, but at least he came back instead of closing his account mid debate.
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
emospongebob527iDebate2012Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited first and repeatedly.