The House should ban homework

The option that the House should ban homework I am on the Pro side saying that yes, they should

I accept this debate. Good luck with your first debate, Atticus!

Anyway, on to the argument. I will be arguing how homework is beneficial to students in school.

1. Children gain four simple skills that will help as the child matures. Homework teaches responsibility, time management, perseverance, and self- esteem.

A. Responsibility

Homework is a child's responsibility. When students hand in a completed assignment, the have assumed responsibility for their homework. This helps them to learn to be accountable for their actions.

B. Time Management

When a student completes a project on time, they will learn that it has advantages, and by doing that, they will not suffer the consequences of turning it in late.

C. Perseverance

Homework can help kids to overcome adversity. They will be able to take pride in completing something rather than feel ashamed if they procrastinated and turned it in late.

D. Self- esteem

When kids work hard and get a good grade on an assignment in class, it gives positive reinforcement and inspiration to work harder on the next assignment. This in turn makes the child feel good about themselves.

These are my four main reasons why homework helps kids, because it teaches kids these four skills. They can help the child later in life.

Good luck in Round 2! :D

Atticus_Finch forfeited this round.

Circle_Craft forfeited this round.

Atticus_Finch forfeited this round.

Circle_Craft forfeited this round.
Posted by cathaystewie 1 year ago
Do people not understand the phrase "This house would" or "This house believes that"? It isn't talking about any institution, it's a customary way of introducing motions, and the 'house' refers to all members and parties involved in the debate.
Posted by Donderpants 1 year ago
Wow..... This is going to be so easy..... Reducing homework, maybe you stood a chance, but banning homework is a lost cause.
Posted by Martley 1 year ago
I would to accept this but I feel there are clarifications that need to be made here. What to you mean by "House" are you referring to the US Federal Congress?? By "homework" are you referring outside classroom work at all levels of education.... from preschool to phd students??? If so... then I gladly accept this one!!!
Posted by ChickenBakuba 1 year ago
Idk too, wanted to accept but cautioned myself.
Posted by MakeSensePeopleDont 1 year ago
What house are you talking about and homework for who?