morrdor
socialpinko

The Hulk would beat Superman in a fight

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

morrdor

Pro

The Hulk would win against Superman in a fight. The Hulk gets angrier as he fights, with skin tough enough to withstand lava, never mind Superman's laser vision. He has shifted the plates of an a planet, while under the surface of the planet itself, covered in molten lava. After he got angry enough, he could easily punch superman down.
socialpinko

Con

I thank my opponent for the opportunity to do this debate. Personally I do not know much about comic books and the like so please excuse me if I look like a complete idiot.

A)The Hulk gets angrier as he fights.

I am afraid this puts the Hulk at a disadvantage as this means that it is possible for him to lose all of his powers in the event that he cools off. Superman could simply calm Hulk down and when he is calm enough to turn back into Bruce Banner, Superman can simply throw him into the sun.

B)with skin tough enough to withstand lava

Although Hulk may have skin tough enough to withstand lava, body attacks are not the only thing in Superman's arsenal. Superman could simply throw Hulk into space where he couldn't breathe or drop him into a deep pit.

C)never mind Superman's laser vision

Lazer vision is not the only power that Superman possesses. Superman aslo has strength comparable to that of Hulk's and this combined with his superior intellect would allow Superman to beat Hulk in a fight.

Resolution negated. Vote Con.
morrdor

Pro

My opponent does have a point on the fact that if Superman could calm the Hulk down he could overpower him and dispose of him. But that would require both that the Hulk could be tricked into doing this, and that Superman wold have the morals to do so. Superman, being the stereotypical good guy, would not resort to trickery.
Also, Superman does have superior intellect, the Hulk is not stupid. You may disagree to this, but, over the years, the Hulk has developed a stronger mind. So, although he does let his rage control him, he ,most likely cannot be outwitted by trickery.
You yourself said that Superman has strength COMPARABLE to he Hulks. Not greater. Superman would not be able to just pick up the Hulk and throw him into space unless he struck the Hulk a mighty enough blow to render him unconscious, or unable to defend himself some other way, in which case the battle would already be won.
It would be a mighty battle indeed, but over time, the Hulk would eventually overpower and defeat Superman. As the battle go on, the Hulk would get stronger as Superman would get weaker.
Also, the strength of the Hulk is unknown. He once destroyed a meteor the size of the earth in a single punch. So, theoretically he has the strength to life over a billion tons at once. I think that this is more than enough to defeat superman.
socialpinko

Con

//"My opponent does have a point on the fact that if Superman could calm the Hulk down he could overpower him and dispose of him. But that would require both that the Hulk could be tricked into doing this, and that Superman wold have the morals to do so. Superman, being the stereotypical good guy, would not resort to trickery."//

Hulk could be tricked into doing this in that he as you pointed out let's his rage control himself. Also, Superman could make himself do it if innocent lives were in danger. If it's a choice between tricking The Hulk and allowing innocent people to die, the moral thing to do is choose the lesser of two evils.

//"Also, Superman does have superior intellect, the Hulk is not stupid. You may disagree to this, but, over the years, the Hulk has developed a stronger mind. So, although he does let his rage control him, he ,most likely cannot be outwitted by trickery."//

The Hulk is at an intellectual disadvantage though in that he allows his rage to control his mind. So Hulk can be outwitted since his mind is weaker than Superman's in that Superman has a sober mind while Hulk lets his rage get the best of him.

My point that Hulk and Superman have strength comparable to one another is that in strength neither of them necessarily have the advantage, however with Superman's supereior intellect he could outsmart the Hulk and win.
morrdor

Pro

Sorry for the delay, my internet has been acting up.
Anyways, my opponents main argument is that Superman would defeat the Hulk because he has more intellect. I do not take this as a valid argument. Just because he is smarter means he would win? How would he win? What would he do? Brains aren't always stronger than brawn Just because the may not be as smart as Superman doesn't mean he would not win. And, as I have said before, the Hulk is physically stronger than Superman.
socialpinko

Con

My opponent claims that intellect is not enough of an advantage for Superman to beat Hulk. However brawns equal very little without brains to decide what to do. Superman has comparable strength to that of Hulk and combined with his far superior intellect, Superman would win in the event of a fight with Hulk. My opponent would have you believe that strength equals everything however this is simply not true as it takes brains to decide on one's actions. Allowing the intellect to decide what he does rather than succumb to blind rage puts Superman at a sizeable advantage.

Vote Con.
Posted by NotTheMessiah 4 years ago
NotTheMessiah
Yeah, 'cause the Hulk is gonna have ready accsses to Kryptonite. Besides, it's never stopped Supes before...

Not that you need it Pinko, but another thing superman could do is trap Hulk in the Phantom Zone....
Posted by Zyanya 5 years ago
Zyanya
Hulks weakness remains Bruce Banner.
Posted by Dmetal 5 years ago
Dmetal
Kryptonite, fools. Hulk wins. Hulk has no weakness like that.
Vote Placed by Zyanya 5 years ago
Zyanya
morrdorsocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Morrdor did not respond to all of socialpinkos statements in such a way to dissuade me from believing them. I vote for socialpinko mostly because morrdor did say that hulk and superman had were equals in terms of brawn, therefore I have to side with socialpinko in the fact that superman would win due to brains.
Vote Placed by anarcholibertyman 5 years ago
anarcholibertyman
morrdorsocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision:
Vote Placed by Kahvan 5 years ago
Kahvan
morrdorsocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: I found this interesting. While I now agree with pro I feel that con did a better job with his arguments and thus my vote goes to con. TO clarify I agree with pro but I feel that con provided the better arguments.
Vote Placed by bluesteal27 5 years ago
bluesteal27
morrdorsocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision:
Vote Placed by Puck 5 years ago
Puck
morrdorsocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: No sources or scans = fail arguments.
Vote Placed by Dmetal 5 years ago
Dmetal
morrdorsocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never said how superior intellect could actually win the battle.
Vote Placed by Chrysippus 5 years ago
Chrysippus
morrdorsocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to show convincingly that the Hulk would be able to hold his own in a fight with Superman, much less beat him.
Vote Placed by bradshaw93 5 years ago
bradshaw93
morrdorsocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: con showed that strength is not everything.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
morrdorsocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: "this combined with his superior intellect " Hulk more smarter than puny stuperman, stuperman am not out smarter hulk (WWH, Ultimate Hulk, etc.)