Xerneas
eltigrey

The Hulk would beat Superman in a fight

eltigrey

Xerneas

Pro

In a battle of these two revered superheroes, I'm showing how The Hulk could utterly beat Superman in a duel. This is my first debate.
eltigrey

Con

Since I don't know if you wan't me to argue first, or simply await your argument, I am going to sit back and let you prove your points first. I don't read much comics but I think I have some points to argue. Good luck (:
Xerneas

Pro

Alright then. I'm sorry for my absence as I am still in school. Thank for this opportunity So,
The Hulk has the ability to smash a planet twice as big Earth with one kick. http://en.wikipedia.org...(comics) Also, the angrier he gets, which is when he is attacked, the stronger he gets.
So statistically, Hulk might eventually be able to overpower Superman and win the fight. Hulk could get Superman in a headlock and snap his neck.
Hulk can also jump higher the angrier he gets. This is not flying be he could jump pretty darn high eventually to other galaxies.
Bruce Banner is smarter than Superman. As stated in a previous article, "there is no human test to give an IQ rating to Bruce Banner." I would think that Bruce would be able to think ahead and find the shiny green rock that renders Superman powerless.
I look forward to seeing what points my opponent brings up to try and prove me wrong.
eltigrey

Con

Ok. I shall start by reviewing your argument
(1) "The Hulk has the ability to smash a planet twice as big Earth with one kick."

Well to start, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that that's a little Vague. Does it imply that plummeting from 30,000 feet straight into the ground would shatter a planet, or simply stomping around. Hulk is very destructive, and if this was true, I'm going to assume the marvel world would be in ashes because of this.

(2) "Hulk can also jump higher the angrier he gets. This is not flying be he could jump pretty darn high eventually to other galaxies."

Well your right, the Hulk can jump very high. But unlike superman, while suspended in mid-air, the Hulk cannot move that much. As angry as the hulk can get, he is twice as venerable suspended in mid-air, which is Superman's playing field. Also, how could Hulk control his impact? If (1) was true, the Marvel Earth would have stopped existing back when the Hulk comic was made. Also, Hulk may be super powered, but he's still human, and he still needs oxygen to breath, so there is only a matter of time before he loses his breath in space. Unfortunately as well, the Hulk cannot defy the laws of Gravity http://en.wikipedia.org..., so if he was suspended in space, or needed to make a right turn to the next galaxy....lets just say were getting ahead of our selves.

(3) " I would think that Bruce would be able to think ahead and find the shiny green rock that renders Superman powerless."

Whether or not Bruce Banner would be planning for a fight against Superman, or need as much materials as he can to destroy him, I don't think a Superhero who's punch line is "HULK SMASH" would have the capacity to think that far while he was an angry green giant. Bruce Banners I.Q is not carried when he turns into the Hulk, making him less likely to take a strategic root fighting superman, and more likely just try and whack him. It's called Kryptonite (I'm very certain), let's just call it that if you wanted to bring it up again in the debate

Now, the advantages Superman would have fighting the Hulk

First, lets review the Statistics.

STRENGTH
Now don't get me wrong, the Hulk is very strong. Who's to say Superman's not? For the sake of this debate, we can say that the Hulk and Superman are equally matched in strength. So overlooking strength, lets look at some sub-factors that would put Superman on top
SPEED
No matter how angry Hulk gets, there is no way he will ever out speed Superman. I'm no comic reader, but I've seen enough to know that Superman is "Faster than a speeding bullet." Speed could be the ultimate factor that determines this fight, seeing that strengths are pretty matched. Superman can easily out speed the Hulk, when attacking him, dodging his punches or even chasing him down when the Hulk decides he's had enough. When strengths are matched, we look to speed, and Superman comes out on top.
MINDSET
While Bruce Banner is a very sophisticated individual, the Hulk is not. When it comes to fight strategies, the Hulk just goes swinging. Superman would go into a fight more strategic, and more decisive. Superman could easily dodge the Hulks mindless swings, and maybe counter them with a harsher blow. Although the Hulk may get stronger during the battle, he will also be getting angrier, making him prone to more attacks, and much more venerable.

Let's take a quick look now at factors during the battle.

BATTLE STRATEGIES:
Now as you have argued, the Hulk is super good at Jumping. Although, no matter where you are in the Universe, Jumping will only throw you in one direction. A simple shift could easily dodge a Hulk jump. The higher the jump, the more catastrophic the countering attack can be. Superman does not have to jump, he can fly! Whether he needs to whack the Hulk in the Jaw, or dodge a punch, Superman can maneuver any which way giving him another upper hand.
The Hulk becomes angrier when the duration of a battle increases. He eventually becomes more and more prone to attacks, and more and more vulnerable, Superman will be exerting less energy, for more damage. The Hulk is known for being unstoppable, but how long can his adrenaline kick in. How long can he last against someone who is faster, and more strategic.

I await your arguments in the next round.
(Also you don't have to be sorry about school, I have school to, there's nothing wrong with that)
Xerneas

Pro

I thank you for this exciting debate. In this next and final round, I'll make some new points and counter some of con's.
Con stated that "Well to start, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that that's a little Vague." This is referring to Hulk smashing a planet. While I did do some research and find out it wasn't a planet, Hulk did smash an asteroid around twice the size of Earth. And Con saying "the marvel world would be in ashes because of this" has nothing to do with the fight between The Hulk and Superman.
Next my opponent made the comments about Hulk's jumping capacity. The Hulk has been proven to jump almost out of orbit. If he does this again, like in this scenario, he could easily trap Superman in a headlock. Then as Con said, gravity would start to act. They would both fall to the ground and smash into the ground. The Hulk would get angry at this of course and get stronger as Superman tried to pry himself loose. Hulk would beat his head until Superman was knocked out. Superman is unable to continue the fight. Therefore, The Hulk wins.
Con said " Also, Hulk may be super powered, but he's still human, and he still needs oxygen to breath, so there is only a matter of time before he loses his breath in space." Actually, if you read the 'World War Comic' you would find out that The Hulk fights Black Bolt on the Moon. The Moon has no air to breathe. The Hulk can survive for a while in space.
I will concede that The Hulk cannot think as well as Bruce Banner when he is Hulk after many articles of reading. But the Hulk still has some brain by the time he is his big green ball of energy. He can still be a little strategic in a battle of titans.
If Superman is "faster than a speeding bullet" and a bullet travels at about 400mph, then Superman is in a pickle as The Incredible Hulk has a speed of 300mph. I wouldn't exactly call this a fight where speed is a winning factor.
Now for a few new reasons that Hulk would win a fight agianst Superman.
Superman has had many fights with clones of himself or cyborgs and other misc. enemies. The Hulk?! He's fought COUNTLESS enemies including Sentry who has about the same qualities of Superman (minus x-ray vision, heat vision) but has telepathy and energy projection. The Sentry has the power of "one million exploding suns" so I know that Superman and his heat vision isn't going to be melting The Hulk anytime soon.
Superman could try and take Hulk out to space and suffocate him. BUT, firstly, on the way up, Superman would be taking so much abuse from Hulk, he would have to drop him back to Earth. Secondly, The Hulk would pound the crud out of Superman in space, knock him out, and still be beating on his head.
In the fight, here's how it will go: they start fighting. The Hulk is getting bigger and stronger at each knew hit. He grabs Superman flings him into space, and jumps after him. Suspended in the middle of space, Hulk justs get angrier and angrier. He then reaches the point where he has to think. The brilliant Bruce Banner can then take over. He realizes Superman gets his power from the Sun and flings Superman "faster than the speed of light" stright into it. End of battle.
As strong as Superman is, he still has stamina and will weaken as the fight goes on.
I know the idea of Superman just picking up as fast as he can, flying him into space as fast as he can, and throw him into a black hole as fast as he can is thought provocking. But Superman is a boy scout and will not kill or deal a death blow or throw someone into a black hole to have their molecules ripped apart.
I again want to thank you for this great opportunity for a dabate and to show who's right. VOTE PRO. Thank you.
eltigrey

Con

Counter Arguments for final round:

(1) " He's fought COUNTLESS enemies including Sentry who has about the same qualities of Superman (minus x-ray vision, heat vision) but has telepathy and energy projection. The Sentry has the power of "one million exploding suns" so I know that Superman and his heat vision isn't going to be melting The Hulk anytime soon."

No matter how powerful sentry is, that statement is irrelevant, because he is not fighting sentry in this debate. It doesn't have anything to do with fighting Superman. (And Superman has fought COUNTLESS enemies too! It's crazy!)

(2) " The Incredible Hulk has a speed of 300mph"

Sources?? Are you just making this up this is a first time. And if this is infact true Superman still has 100mph on him, which in a battle does factor out

(3) "Next my opponent made the comments about Hulk's jumping capacity. (a)The Hulk has been proven to jump almost out of orbit. If he does this again, like in this scenario, he could easily trap Superman in a headlock. (b)Then as Con said, gravity would start to act. They would both fall to the ground and smash into the ground. (c)The Hulk would get angry at this of course and get stronger as Superman tried to pry himself loose. (d)Hulk would beat his head until Superman was knocked out. Superman is unable to continue the fight. Therefore, The Hulk wins."

(a) Trap superman in a headlock??? I'm sorry but this is completely one sided. You're acting like Superman would do nothing to avoid Hulk coming at him. He is after all 100 mph faster than him, so dodging will NOT be his biggest problem.
(b) They would both fall? Superman can fly, your arguments are one sided
(c) Again, will superman be trapped in the first place. We cannot make scenarios, we can only argue what will statistically out play our opponent
(d) One sided, bias, untrue

(4) "In the fight, here's how it will go"

We cannot argue how the fight will exactly go. This is extremely one sided, and in your favor. It"s like a court case. You can't just say what happened. You have to prove your points, and have a convincing argument. We can't say what will happen, because as of right now, it hasn't. Therefore this argument means nothing

(5) "The brilliant Bruce Banner can then take over"

Has this ever happened? Sources? Again, I don"t think this is possible, the Hulk cannot change back into Bruce Banner, think for a second, and then turn back into the Hulk. If it is true prove it, because right now it is made up.

(6) " But Superman is a boy scout and will not kill or deal a death blow or throw someone into a black hole to have their molecules ripped apart."

Superman has actually killed somebody. He"s killed doomsday, who I find much more of a competitor than hulk. Doomsday was made from Superman"s DNA and was hypnotized into killing Superman. Doomsday is known for being the only foe of superman that was equal to him.
Since your argument is very opinion based, the way I see it. Doomsday > Hulk, Superman > Doomsday, therefore Superman > Hulk. The Hulk vs. Doomsday would be a cool debate, maybe we could go at it another time.

Conclusive arguments:

I have found this youtube video of Super heros/villans that have bested the Hulk

I was surprised to see a few characters in there as well. Black Bolt, Wolverine, and SPIDER-MAN have all defeated the mighty hulk. I hear again and again that the Hulk just gets stronger and angrier, but Spider-Man??

Since most of your previous argument was Bias and one-sided battles that you simulated off of your own set of facts, lets check the Statistics again.

Speed
Superman > Hulk

Smarts (Strategy)
Superman > Hulk

I hear you say over and over that the Hulk would pummel Superman, but does this look at all like pummeling.

http://www.mania.com...

http://markwollacott.com...

I tried to make strengths equal, for the sake of your argument but I think now it"s safe to say

Strength
Superman > Hulk

There is no doubt, Superman would crush the Hulk. Weather he wanted a fair old fashion fight, or to just toss him into outer space. Superman outplays the Hulk at every corner. But you're right, Superman wouldn"t need to finish off the Hulk. It wouldn't be an equal match in the first place, so why kill him?
Posted by BigSky 3 years ago
BigSky
What does jumping have to do with getting superman in a headlock?
Posted by johnlubba 3 years ago
johnlubba
Great debate,

Pro is doing very very well for his first debate.
Posted by Deadlykris 3 years ago
Deadlykris
I'd take this debate if you were taking the con position. The best Superman can hope for in a fight with The Hulk is a stalemate, or to be forced to flee. Since The Hulk cannot fly, Superman can escape from him that way; but the Hulk is indestructible, whereas Superman is not.
Posted by Maikuru 3 years ago
Maikuru
I would take this and unleash the full fury of my geekdom, but this is your first debate and we all need to start out slow. Good luck!
Vote Placed by likespeace 3 years ago
likespeace
XerneaseltigreyTied
Reasons for voting decision: I never saw any ideas from Pro that overcome superman's ability to fly and move faster. This would allow him to maintain a range wherein he could shoot/throw things at his opponent without taking damage in return. Also, Pro's idea of quickly switching mid-battle to the Bruce Banner form in space (without dying) to revise strategy is unsourced and inconsistent with most portrayals of the Hulk as Con pointed out.
Vote Placed by Deadlykris 3 years ago
Deadlykris
XerneaseltigreyTied
Reasons for voting decision: While I still hold that the Hulk, being invincible, would inevitably defeat Superman in any fight where Superman did not flee, I have to give arguments to Con because Pro's arguments were weak and unconvincing.