Loveshismom
LostintheEcho1498

The Impossible 10-part Debate: Part 1/10

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 5/1/2014 Category: Games

Loveshismom

Pro

I will be arguing that if there were a combat tournament between all the video game characters, they would all have an equivalent chance of winning. I would also like to clarify the following:

1. Whoever accepts this debate is agreeing to debate the other 9 parts with me. If they say they cannot do that, the remaining parts will be debated with another user.

2. Votes are to be on part 10 of this series.

3. If the series is shifted to another user, they cannot use the same arguments as any of my previous opponents in this series.

I will let my opponent argue first.
LostintheEcho1498

Con

I thank the Pro for allowing me to go first and so will be only concluding for the final round to keep it fair. I also would like to state here that as I PMed the Pro we will go until one of us basically gives up or we reach ten. If i misinterpreted this please correct me.
As of that my stance is that if there were a combat tournament between all the video game characters, they would not all have an equal chance of winning.
I am going to set a few precedents that will be important to the argument and if the Pro does not agree please tell me posthaste.
1. This is a combat tournament and so is one character at a time going against another until one is left. This is continued between all existing video game characters until such a point where only one is left.
2. There are no teams. For example, the Avengers. Only one character at a time. There are exceptions such as the ice climbers but must be stated and agreed on beforehand.
3. These battles between characters are fights to the death. Not Pokemon where it is fight to the faint or loss of energy.
4. Characters are in the exact same stadium at any point during the battles.
5. The characters are allowed their signature weapons or powers but no more, no less. For example, Cyclops(from X-Men), is allowed to use his beam vision and glasses but not attack people with a tazer.
If any of these are not agreed, tell me and we will fix it. Now to the debate:

There are several reasons why a tournament between all video game characters would not be fair to all the characters:
1. Some characters have powers like wolverine, and some have guns, like Captain Price. The good Captain would not have a fair chance against someone with superhuman powers when only equipped with a gun, knife, and a few grenades. There is an imbalance of power(yes, pun intended) about the characters in some games against others. The best example is Army Men RTS. If we took, lets say, 30 soldiers of varying types that are army men and put them against the Hulk. The plastic men, even with guns, would have little to no effect against the mass of the Hulk who would just squish them.
2. There are video game characters that are invincible. The Wolverine and his brother, Dead pool(both the normal one and X-Men), and Superman. While, Yes, superman could be defeated by Doomsday, that is only one character with any possible chance of killing superman. As for Dead pool, Wolverine, and Victor they have regenerative powers that we do not know the full extent of and causes them to survive any attack and do not age. While killing them may be possible, some of the best have tried and failed without leaving a scratch.
3. In a tournament of characters, we would eventually be left with the invincible characters, thus leaving a permanent stalemate. They cannot be killed and so the tournament cannot continue. I will post sources on the conclusion.
Back to you Pro!
Loveshismom

Pro

I was talking about a rule-free fight to the death between all the video game characters at once. I apologize for not clarifying that earlier. My argument:

1. Each character would have at least one factor they could use advantageously. For example:

1.1: Samus could leave a smoke bomb and hide in a thick forest or such a setting and run around launching missiles from there to ambush all the characters.

1.2: Sonic could run between all the characters randomly and confuse and throw them off long enough to do repeated and unusually powerful homing attacks on each of them with all the speed he had gained.

1.3: Kirby has opponents all around him he can absorb to steal their abilities. If he could, that would make him a serious threat to everyone else. He could absorb Sonic and get his speed and ability to become Super Sonic, or he could absorb Goku and get his Saiyan superpowers. Or he could absorb Knuckles and get his strength and speed, plus his ability to glide, climb, and go super. He could absorb Shadow the Hedgehog and get his chaos powers.

1.4: Yoshi can turn enemies into eggs and throw them at other enemies, plus he can do quick damage to enemies by run-flying onto their heads. He can also turn into a hard egg and roll around.

1.5: Jigglypuff can (literally) put everyone to sleep just by singing. This would give him enough time to damage several opponents badly, and since he is smart, he would obviously start with either Goku or Vegeta. It seems like he could not kill either of them, but he knows Gyro Ball, a powerful steel-type move that he could obviously chop off a human head with if he used it enough times on the neck. But the time he would have would be limited. He can also roll around quickly, helping him dodge regular attacks.

1.6: Bowser can avoid being killed just by staying hunkered down in his spiked shell. No smart fighter would mess with an opponent who had lethal spikes on their back. Plus, if the space cleared up enough around Bowser, he could notice and then summon his army of koopas, and then throw them at thunder-like speeds at everybody because he is super-strong, and he could throw them at a variety of opponent body parts, thus eventually rendering all or most of them immobile or possibly even dead from shells hitting them so hard.

1.7: tails has intelligence, flight, bombs,the magic hand, a gun he ripped off of Megaman, etc. He could bomb his opponents while flying.

1.8: Snake can throw bombs and fly on a little machine, plus he wields guns.

1.9: Mario may just have the most diverse arsenal in video game history.

1.10: Luigi has training from a deity, plus he has a lot of technical experience

1.11: Wario can chew on people and run them over with his Wario Bike.

1.12: Shadow could use chaos control to freeze time around everyone else 30 seconds, but then again, somebody could stop him.

1.13: Pikachu has moves he could even defeat Blanka with if he used them properly.

2. Because there are so many characters with diverse fighting skill levels, arsenals, intelligence, etc. plus a lot of ways the fighters could be arranged at the start of the fight and different tactics they could use, there are hundreds, if not thousands of different ways a fight and therefore just as many, and possibly more ways the fight could come out.

3. The Hulk is not totally invincible. How he could lose:

3.1: the Red Hulk could absorb all his gamma energy, rendering the Green Hulk powerless.

3.1.1: Being nearly twice as strong would not make the Red Hulk invincible. Bowser could use a smash ball to temporarily become Giga Bowser and kill the Red Hulk with his muscle and superior brains and kill other foes with any remaining time he had.

3.1.1.1.: this wouldn't render it impossible for other enemies to win due to their useful abilities. Plus, Shadow could get the managers' approval and then transport himself and everyone else but Bowser and the Red Hulk somewhere else until the two were done fighting and Bowser had returned to his normal size and then transport them back.

3.2 He could get unexpectedly bombed with one of Samus' ambush missiles, one of Tails' air bombs, or Mario's tiny, yet very powerful bomb because even if the Hulk did see it, he would be too busy laughing at it, and it would explode, this majorly damaging him.

4. Because there would be so many possible outcomes, you could never really tell if the fact that some characters have powers and others don't would really have any impact on the fight.

5. Superman could indeed still lose in the following subscenario:

5.1: All the Saiyans become Super Saiyans
5.2: Superman is still too busy fighting Goku to notice any thing else that is going on around him
5.3: Sonic, Shadow, and Silver the Hedgehog all turn into their super forms
5.4: Sonic becomes Hyper Sonic with the master emerald
5.5: Super Silver immobilizes Superman and starts throwing things at him using his enhanced psychic powers
5.5.1: Super Shadow freezes time with chaos control
5.6: Sonic, Shadow, and all the Super Saiyans dash into Superman repeatedly, and at the speed of light, mind you.
5.7: When time unfreezes, shadow repeatedly hits Superman from behind with chaos spear, thus distracting him and leaving him vulnerable to Sonic's, Silver's, and all the Super Saiyans' repeated attacks.
5.8: If Superman is still alive through all that, the Super Saiyans can still Kamehameha Superman, plus Sonic and Shadow can do their parody of the Kamehameha on Superman. They could also teleport around repeatedly to daze Superman, leaving him very vulnerable.

6. Invincible characters do not mean that the battle would drag on forever. Some are more powerful than others, some smarter than others, etc, and therefore the battle would still come to an end.
LostintheEcho1498

Con

LostintheEcho1498 forfeited this round.
Loveshismom

Pro

Loveshismom forfeited this round.
LostintheEcho1498

Con

LostintheEcho1498 forfeited this round.
Loveshismom

Pro

Loveshismom forfeited this round.
LostintheEcho1498

Con

Hola! I am back and apologize for not debating previously. As such I am going to get right to the point.

This should be quick because it is one irrefutable statement. This is about one massive tournament between all video game characters all at the same time. The point of the debate is to decide if ALL characters have an equal chance of winning. Therefore only one discrepancy is needed to prove this.
1. The civilians in Ghost Squad are pacifist and so would not fight anyone and would only be killed. Even if they did fight they only have their bare fists with no actual benefit of fighting against video game characters with powers, weapons, etc.
Loveshismom

Pro

Sorry for not making the debate more clear. I was talking about all the main video game characters. By that I mean all the characters who play a significant role in their games (all the anti-heroes, all the antagonists, and all the protagonists). This means that the civilians are irrelevant to this debate.
LostintheEcho1498

Con

Oi. Alright, just for future reference, make sure you are perfectly clear about the rules of the debate. I keep running into roadblocks because of rules you forgot to put in. I understand that you may have forgotten but you should realize that others may see this as cheating. Anyway, let me get back to the debate.
As I previously stated I need only one problem to prove my point and here we go:
1. The pokemon Magikarp can only splash and defend and has no attack. Anything attacking it would have the advantage.
Thanks for the interesting debate:)
Posted by Loveshismom 2 years ago
Loveshismom
You don't know that.
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
Sure. Challenge me and I will accept. Are you sure you want ten parts though? I would think we would run out of material.
Posted by Loveshismom 2 years ago
Loveshismom
LostintheEcho, do u want to be my opponent for part 2?
Posted by Loveshismom 3 years ago
Loveshismom
There is most certainly a factor neither of us have gone over
Posted by Loveshismom 3 years ago
Loveshismom
That's also ok
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 3 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
I apologize for not being able to debate. I ended up with a busy schedule. You can do as you please for this round and I will rebuttle for the next. Again I apologize for my tardiness.
Posted by Loveshismom 3 years ago
Loveshismom
That's ok.
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 3 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
Thanks for the tip. The only problem is that I haven't had the time to do a full debate argument. I'll be able to do it later today though.
Posted by Loveshismom 3 years ago
Loveshismom
Here's a tip, LostintheEcho: if you can't seem to come up with a good argument, why don't you try discussing the impact different characters we haven't mentioned yet would have on the fight?
Posted by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
Clearly super-saiyan goku would have the same chance of victory as yoshi, or bubsy the bobcat.