GodSands
HeedMyFeed

The Incredible Hulk versus Spider man in a climax fight.

GodSands

Pro

I have desicided to choose a more light hearted debate. I am the pro for the hulk.

The hulk has always been my favorite comic character. But spider man is also pretty cool. With the hulks super strenght I would like to think that the hulk would win easily against spider man.

I have looked for information on the "web" ha. To find which super power would be more usful in battle. On ign.com spider man wins the most votes of the best super hero: incredible.

Ok so the size of the hulk is huge, 10 feet or more and spider man is only a average height of 5ft 8 I would suggest. Like most battles, the more taller and stronger one is, one will win in any circumstance. Spider mans web shot could not with hold the strength of the hulk. In my strict opinion, I would say spider man would be like a scraberling skinny play ground fists swinging fighter against the hulk, also consider the great amount of body mass the hulk has probably weighing around a ton and a half. Yes spider man has strength and could show come cool combos moves against the hulk. Evermore it would take either a very hard punch or a load of hits in the head to take down the hulk.

Has spider man ever been up against the US army? Or has the Incredible Hulk?
Although I do like spider man, I just think the hulk could win in a fight. One punch in spider mans gut and hes is down!

Ok thanks. Hope is debate can be a bit of a laugh, unlike the rest I have done.
HeedMyFeed

Con

Just as a clarification for this round, I assume my opponents title for this round is "The Incredible Hulk versus Spider Man in a climactic fight."

Climactic is defined as the point of highest dramatic tension or a major turning point in the action by Merriam Webster Dictionary. This implies the fact this will be an all out fight between both characters and that both characters will use all their abilities.

My opponent is arguing that the Incredible Hulk would win the fight, and I am supposed to argue that Spider Man will win this fight.

First I will go over my opponent's argument:

My opponent's first point was that on the Internet it says that spider man will win, which he finds funny. Even though you may not trust everyone on the Internet, even the majority of the population agrees with my point of view. Whether you like it or not it is a democratic system.

Before I go over my opponent's next points I would like to provide a link to both character's skills. Spider Man: http://en.wikipedia.org... The Incredible Hulk: http://en.wikipedia.org...(comics)

My opponent's first point is that the hulk is huge and spider man is small. He goes on and says the taller and stronger person usually wins. However, in this case that is immaterial. Both characters possess superhuman strength. This means that both characters have the ability of doing great damage with their punches, and if they hit each other will do a bunch of damage. My opponent next says that the body mass of the hulk will prevent him from taking that much damage. However, again I would like to say that superhuman strength will do a lot of damage no matter who you are.

My opponent's final point is that the Incredible Hulk has fought against the US army. This is true and I admit. But, Spider Man has quite the few battles to his name as well. He has fought the likes of the Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, the Sandman, and many more. http://en.wikipedia.org... I feel by beating these foes that Spider Man can take on and beat the U.S. army too. However, I feel that the debate should not focus on which enemies they have beaten, because that would just become us listing of different super villains.

My case:

My case will be mere analysis and comparison between both characters and their abilities.

First I would like to list abilities these two share in common. They both have superhuman strength, speed, stamina, and durability. As well, both have some sort of healing ability. I say that these abilities cancel the others out, therefore we must look to compare the abilities these two characters do not share.

The Incredible Hulk has only genius level intellect, which is still only in his human form. I will still, for the sake of this debate, give him this ability. However, I believe this is cancelled out by the spider senses that Spider-Man has. Even if the Hulk was able to devise some sort of plan that is able to defeat Spider-Man, Spider Man still has his spider senses to help avoid the potential attack and stave off defeat.

Next look at Spider Man. Spider Man possess both superhuman reflexes and balance. Both of these abilities The Incredible Hulk does not have. These will help him avoid potential punches that the Hulk will throw and still be ready for the counterattack. As well, he has superhuman agility, which will allow him to land quick punches without the Hulk seeing it coming. However, the most important ability that Spider Man has over the Hulk is his ability to spin webs and stick to surfaces. This along with his superhuman agility will allow him to trap the Hulk and land quick attacks against the Hulk. This can eventually wear down the Hulk, even with his superhuman durability, and end the fight. The Hulk will get trapped in the webs spun by Spider Man and will get many superhuman strength punches to his body without giving the Hulk any time to heal or regenerate.

This shows that whatever the Hulk has, Spider Man has as well. In addition, he has more skills which will allow him to win the battle. This is why I truly believe Spider Man will win the fight, and me the debate.

This is why you ought to vote Con.

I would like to thank my opponent for this debate. This is a chance to have really entertaining debate, and I await his response.
GodSands

Pro

We are talking about the Hulk here not Mr sand man or the Green goblin, spiderman has much more of a challenge. Let see what the hulk can do:

The Hulk can do:

Leap 4 miles to 100 miles - imagen that, the hulk is not as slow as you might think.
Tha hulk can can lift 100 tons to begin with, with increases as the hulk get madder - lifting a 100 tons, the hulk could just throw cans at spider ma then get a huge metal pole and swing it around and around intill it hits spiderman. Strength is real important. Sipder man is not as strong as the hulk.
The hulk can run 300 miles mph - just running into spider man would kill him.
The hulk can go with out food and water and reasting. The hulk can punch thousands of times with out getting tired - stamina is very imporant in battle.
The Hulk can also climb walls, according to the video games. This has now put spider man's most effected use into normal function, now up against the hulk.

With all these super powers, spider man would surely lose.

"Spider Man possess both superhuman reflexes and balance." True but is that not for using against small flying object, the hulk is big and broad and will knock down spider man. With spider mans dodging just would not last long enough, and the hulk will finally get what he deserves.

"Both of these abilities The Incredible Hulk does not have." You may need to rethink what the hulk can achieve, the hulk maybe big but with one jump it would seem like he has disappeared, intill "BOOM!!" spider man is a squashed bug. I do bare in mind that spider man has spider sense, which would be very usful against fast moving objects. However its not like spiderman has never been knocked down.

"These will help him avoid potential punches that the Hulk will throw and still be ready for the counterattack." In that I am going to counter you quote, as the hulk can punch super fast, fast enough to have streams of movement in his punches. If Spider man with dazzed for just a moment spider man is in big trouble where as the hulk spider man would suit the hulk up in silk and hang him then punch away. Intill death. Thats if the hulk did nothing. With ease I could imagen the hulk ripping through the web. Think: the hulk can lift more than 100 tons.

"However, the most important ability that Spider Man has over the Hulk is his ability to spin webs and stick to surfaces." The hulk can jump to one building to the next like spider man can. But the hulk would have less reliability to that. As he has not web but uses his strength instead. The huld can destroy and rip down buildings. The hulk could lift a crain and destroy spider man in that case.

The thing with the hulk is that he as Bruse needs to be angry to get to be the hulk. So I suppose spider man would have the first move. And not exspect what is comming. Spider man is more slick and smooth in the way he moves but the hulk would take little damerage considering that the hulk can with stand bullets!

I would too say that the Hulk would win, Spider man is not called The Spider Man or The Incredible Spider Man but just Spider Man. Where as the The Incredible Hulk is.

I would suggest that The Incredible Hulk would not let you down if you needed rescueing. So do not let spidy catch you with his web but vote for The Incredible Hulk.

Ok In the next round I will write a short story on why Spider Man will lose. And that the Hulk will win.
HeedMyFeed

Con

I will first go over my opponent's case then my own case.

Opponent's case:
My opponent starts off my arguing that the hulk can leap 100 miles. I agree this is one of his abilities, but this is a fight. That ability would only be useful if Hulk is trying to run away, which would cause him to lose the fight. Even if he tried to jump on Spider man, he would be able to dodge this easily with the use of his spider senses.

Next, he says hulk can lift more than spider man and can throw stuff and spider man. However, both characters possess superhuman strength, therefore they have equal strength contrary to what my opponent thinks. This comes from the source I cited in my first round, which my opponent did not attack. Therefore, this evidence can be used for the round, and will be used to decide their abilities. As well, spider man will be able to easily dodge anything that is thrown at him by the hulk, because of his superhuman agility.

Next, the hulk can run this fast, but he will never be able to run into spider man. Spider-Man's reflexes are too good.

Next, my opponent says hulk can go without food and water and resting. This is true, but both characters do possess superhuman durability. But, many punches landed on either character would destroy them, and they would have no chance to heal. As well, hulk may be able to punch thousands of time, but his punches are slow because he lacks superhuman agility. Therefore, it takes the hulk some time to actually execute a punch.

My opponent's final hulk skill is completely false. He fails to cite what exact video game he is talking about. Also, we are debating the comic book characters spider man and hulk, so the video game could be inaccurate in representing the hulk. Therefore, the hulk cannot climb walls, because he never utilized this ability in the comic books.

My case:
My opponent states that spider man cant dodge long enough, and hulk will finally land a punch. Both these are false. As I pointed out in my original speech both characters have superhuman durability. My opponent never refuted this so you can accept this fact. Therefore, spider man can dodge as long as he wants. Next, hulk wont be able to land a punch because he lacks superhuman agility and his punches are way too slow. Sure he can try to punch spider man for days, but spider-man's agility will cause him to dodge these punches and land some quick punches.

As well, my opponent states that the hulk can jump on spider man. He goes on and says that spider man has been knocked down. However, spider man may have been knocked down, but his superhuman durability allows him to get back up. Even if the hulk manages to land an attack, it wont be the end of spider man. But, he will dodge almost all of the attacks with his spidey sense, and his amazing agility. This will make it seem like the Hulk is attacking thin air.

Next, my opponent says that hulk can punch super fast. This is another lie because the hulk lacks superhuman agility. Since the hulk lacks superhuman agility, he cannot punch super fast, and instead takes some time between his punches. Just think how large the hulk's fists are. They would take some time to swing. My opponent goes on and says that the hulk would not let himself get hung up silk and would rip through it. Even if that is true, it will leave him dazed for at least a couple of seconds. This would give spider man the time to take advantage of his own superhuman strength and agility, and land many hard and strong punches. The hulk would have no time to regenerate or survive that attack, and would instead either be dead or forced to flee.

Next, my opponent says Hulk can jump from building to building. However, he cannot stick to the side of a building like spider man can, instead he can only jump from roof top to roof top. This is a clear disadvantage, because it would take some time for him to find spider man hanging from the side of the building, which would give time for spider man to attack. In addition, my opponent says that hulk can life and rip down buildings. However, again this would take time to do, and that would again give spider man even more time to attack and defeat the hulk. As well, I have shown how spider man can dodge items thrown at him.

My opponent agrees that spider man would have the first attack. I agree completely with this and my opponent has provided me another avenue. This means that spider-man can attack the human form of the hulk and kill him. This would give no time for the hulk to become angry, and gain all of his abilities. But my opponent says that hulk can withstand this attack for he can withstand bullets. However, superhuman strength is much much more dangerous than bullets.

Finally, my opponent says that spider man is not called these different names he proposes. However, that is all semantics and does not matter. The abilities each character has does matter, and decides who will win.

Extensions:
These are points I would like to extend from my previous round. My opponent failed to attack these points.

Both characters have superhuman strength, and this cancels out.

The abilities both characters posses, which I provided.

Hulk only possesses his superhuman intellect in human form.

Spider man has superhuman reflexes and balance, while the hulk does not. This causes the hulk to fall down easier, allowing Spider man to attack his legs and paralyze him.

Voting Issues:
These are reasons why I should win this round.

1.) My opponent's whole stance is based on the fact that the hulk is stronger than spider-man. However, Spider man and the Hulk both posses superhuman strength, therefore this point has clearly been defeated. This means they are equally strong.

2.) Spider man can land punches quicker than the hulk. My opponent dropped the point that spider man has superhuman agility and reflexes, meaning that Spider man can land many quick superhuman punches to defeat the hulk. Since the Hulk does not have superhuman balance, he would fall easily, and this would allow for spider man to capitalize and cause the Hulk's defeat.

3.) The Hulk is not always in the superhuman form, therefore does not always have superhuman abilities. My opponent provided this argument for me. This means that Spider man would be able to kill the human form of the hulk, before he gets angry. My opponent even said that spider man would attack first.

For these reasons, extensions, and points you must obviously vote Con, and accept that Spider man would win the fight.

I would also like to thank my opponent for an entertaining debate.
GodSands

Pro

Cool and lot to type about here. I will tke on Con and battle him by quoting.
"My opponent starts off my arguing that the hulk can leap 100 miles." -- I never said this fight should be confined in a tight space. One leap for the hulk is like one leap for a normal man. You are judging the hulks capabilaty, what stopping the hulk to take the extra leap back? And catching spiderman by surprise. This fight can be anywhere around the world. One thing what makes it a Marvel climax faight is that there is no limits. -- "That ability would only be useful if Hulk is trying to run away"

"Next, he says hulk can lift more than spider man and can throw stuff and spider man." -- Most certainly he can. The hulk get stronger, the more angry he gets. It would be silly to say that spiderman is at the hulks maxium strength at all times. No the hulk is much much stronger. In one re4sent comic, the hulk takes on Iron Man, and the whole of the Xmen. Because the Xmen came to the hulks planet and killed his family. The only characher which the hulk can not defeat is The Ghost rider. And he only kills enermies that kill the inocent, The hulk was not killing the inocent.

Spiderman and the hulk do both have super strength. However the hulk is simply stronger. You do not say "Arrr looking buff like spiderman there" But instead, "Looking buff like the Hulk there" You can easlier see the hulk has more muscle than spiderman, so the hulk has not got the muscle he has, to look big and strong for no reason. The hulk is stronger.

"Next, the hulk can run this fast, but he will never be able to run into spider man. Spider-Man's reflexes are too good." -- Yeah I agree with this, that this could happen, but if hit (as proven spidermans sensors do not always work in the spiderman films)
At the hulk run 300 miles ahour + would kill spiderman, and spidey would be road kill.

"but his punches are slow because he lacks superhuman agility. Therefore, it takes the hulk some time to actually execute a punch." -- You would think, infact the hulk can puch very fast indeed. A musclly person lacks flexiblity not speed. The hulk could quite easliy hold spiderman in one hand, around the neck and punch with the other. Think: The spiderman films are based on his over comes, so sipderman will win all battles faced in the films. Think is not a film, the hulk will crush spiderman.

"My opponent's final hulk skill is completely false. He fails to cite what exact video game he is talking about. Also, we are debating the comic book characters spider man and hulk, so the video game could be inaccurate in representing the hulk. Therefore, the hulk cannot climb walls, because he never utilized this ability in the comic books." -- This is fair. Ok I will not say the hulk is able to climb a wall as efficatainly as he can in the video games. However if the hulk can lift a 100 tons, it would not be surprising if the hulk could climb a wall like spiderman. Instead of spidermans sneeky way but by smashing holes into the wall and climbing from there on.

With all this in mind you would have to say that spiderman would be helped by God to take down the hulk. With spidermans web shooter and agilatliy to swing about. Could only make his super hero moves to tangle or escape the hulk. I could imagen that the hulk can easliy rip from the web witch spiderman uses. And as spider man is swing about. the hulk could jump up and slam spiderman to the ground. Even a coristion with the two charachers would leave siperman badly injured or dead. If the Hulk can kill Iron man and the whole of the Xmen team, spiderman would be a piece of toast. It would be like a real human talking on a house spider in the bath tub. That would sum the fight up. Dodging does nothing, good time in a strong punch will destroy your friendly neighbour. The Hulk is too cool to be a neighbour.

"This will make it seem like the Hulk is attacking thin air." -- All punches where you do not touch anything is punching thin air. It would be like a real human trying to squat a fly. That is very possible.

I have not written much but you can already see the out come, that is that the hulk would be left standing. Ready for spiderman number 2.

Thank you for reading vote Pro. (If you scrolled all the way down to see how long this is, and are about to vote will reading it, scroll up again and read it. Thanks)
HeedMyFeed

Con

I will start going over points my opponent went over last round. Then I would like to move over to other points I would like to extend and for the reader to vote upon.

First my opponent says the fight does not have to be confined to a tight space. I agree with this. However, if the Hulk tries to leap very high up in the air two things will likely happen. First, he could jump up too high and get caught above the atmosphere then burn on his way down. Neither character has an ability preventing that. Next, even if that does not happen Spider man can tell that the Hulk leaped into the air and merely place a trap for the hulk to fall into on his way down. Spider man can place webs for where the Hulk will land, and the Hulk will be trapped momentarily. Then, Spider man can capitalize and land many superhuman strength punches and end the battle. Therefore, this is actually a disadvantage for the Hulk and will increase Spider man's odds of winning the battle.

Next, my opponent says hulk can life more and gets stronger the angrier he gets. However, Spider man can lift up to tons in the comic books, and as my source says has superhuman strength. Same with the hulk. However, even if you do not buy that, you must realize that there is not that much difference between lifting 300 tons and 250 tons. It is still a lot of weight, and do about the same amount of damage. My opponent goes on and rambles about the X-men and their fight. However, it shows that the Hulk could not defeat a superhero, the Ghost Rider, so what makes you think that he can defeat Spider man.

My opponent next goes over the fact that Hulk is simply stronger. He goes on by saying that you associate buffness with Hulk. First, I have never heard anyone say "Looking buff like the Hulk there" but this point is immaterial. Just because you do not associate Spider man with strength does not mean he is not strong. Next, he says that hulk has more muscle. First, we are dealing with superheroes who do not necessarily follow the rules of anatomy. Therefore, you can not really apply the fact that more muscle means more strength, since we are not dealing with normal human beings. However, in the comic books, and the source I cited earlier it says both Spider man and the Hulk have superhuman strength. My opponent failed to even address that source, so you must assume that both characters have superhuman strength and are equally strong.

My opponent says that hulk can run into Spider Man because his reflexes do not always work. However, Spider Man's reflexes may not be 100% on a series of punches, but not when someone is running at him. But, even if hulk hits him, he will not be "road kill." In fact, his superhuman durability will prevent him from getting knocked down by one hit, it would take a series of consecutive hits to knock down either character. But I will show you how Hulk cannot get a series of hits on Spider Man.

Next, my opponent says hulk can punch fast. He says muscled people lack flexibility not speed. However, my opponent has no proof nor citations from the comic books or web that show he can punch fast. In fact, he cannot because he lacks superhuman agility. As well, even a normal muscled human being cannot punch that fast. In addition, hulk will not be able to hold spider man in one hand because he can easily slip away with his superhuman agility, so the hulk will not be able to land any punches. Finally, he says spider man only wins cause its in the films, but the hulk will crush him. The reason both characters win their fights is because they are the star in their comic book series. Therefore, we have to compare their abilities, and I have/will show(n) that spider man has better abilities.

My opponent goes on by saying that hulk can still climb because he can lift 100 tons, and punch small holes in the wall. However, lifting does not transfer over to climbing. I fail to see the correlation my opponent makes. As well, with superhuman strength it would be very hard to punch holes into the wall, without punching through the building. Even if this is possible, it would take some time to make these holes and spider man could just punch him to death while he tries to do this.

Finally, my opponent says that hulk can rip from spider man's webs and hulk could slam spider man to the ground. However, as I have stated earlier, the web would take hulk at least a couple of seconds to get out of, and this time spider man would use his superhuman reflexes and agility to land some punches on the hulk and end the fight. As well, it would be really really hard to even land one hit on spider man, but even if he does the superhuman durability of spider man will save him. Therefore, spider man could last the whole fight, but the hulk would make a quick mistake and the fight would be over. Next, he says that the Hulk defeated the X-men team. However, this was in the Hulk comic book where it is, as my opponent stated for the spider man movies, biased toward the main character of the book. Therefore, it a normal fight and the hulk would win. But even if you do not buy that, the Hulk was unable to defeat the Ghost Rider, according to my opponent. Next, my opponent makes a cute analogy towards a real human vs. a house spider. However, this is simply untrue, and if you are looking at the facts then you would see that the hulk would be the dead house spider.

Extensions:
You can continue to extend the points that I extended the round before this.

As well as the fact that the hulk would be in human form, as my opponent pointed out in his second round, to start the fight, and that spider man would attack first.

Voters:
1.) My first voter is the fact that spider man is as strong as the hulk. My opponent tries to make some arguments on why they aren't but has no evidence nor any logic behind this. Therefore, since I have provided both, and refuted these arguments my opponent has made regarding this, then we must assume they are as strong as each other. This means that the only true characteristic that hulk is defined by, spider man has.

2.) Spider man can land punches quick than the hulk and has better reflexes. Both of these points have gone basically un-refuted. The only response my opponent made to this was that hulk could punch fast, but this has been refuted. This means that spider man can trap him with his web for a brief period of time and then land really quick punches.

3.) My opponent failed to address this point his last round, and he brought this up. He said that spider man would attack first, and that the hulk would start out in non superhuman form. Therefore, spider man could easily just kill the hulk in the human form before he has time to change form. This means that spider man could win in barely any time. But, he would even be able to beat the Hulk in superhuman form.

From this and all of my arguments you can clearly tell that Spider Man will win, and therefore you must vote Con. I would like to thank my opponent for a great debate, because this was quite entertaining.
Posted by brokenboy 4 years ago
brokenboy
in a Climatic fight hmm really well did you know that the Hulk was shown to be able to FREAKING EAT GALACTUS
Posted by SUPER-MAN 5 years ago
SUPER-MAN
I think the hulk would win. Spider Man dosn't have a chance.
Posted by imabeast7 6 years ago
imabeast7
first of all, hulk would win easy however both parties do not know the hulks powers since they are saying incorrect information about him! seems pointless to argue for or against something with the foundation is in error from the get go!
Posted by tymel1120 6 years ago
tymel1120
HeedmyFeed I wonder if you have any clue as to what you are saying almost the entire debate. You apparently dont know enough about the Hulk for this debate. I would get more into it, but for now i'll just laugh because you said that since they both have super strength so they cancel eachother out. When in is already said several times that the Hulk's strength has no limit which means it is never canceled out.
Posted by philosphical 7 years ago
philosphical
much like the rest of his debates.
Posted by wonderwoman 7 years ago
wonderwoman
I think Hulk would win but I really think that since it was Godsands debating he got votebombed
Posted by philosphical 7 years ago
philosphical
only debate not about religion?
Posted by PrvnMthws 7 years ago
PrvnMthws
I am a huge of the I. Hulk and I would usually say he would win hands down..but unfortunately I happen to know this:
The conversation takes place in Amazing Spider-man Vol 2 #54. It goes like this:
"SPIDEY: Everybody in our odd little community would deny it, but we all watch each other when we cross paths, looking for weaknesses, in case that day ever comes. In case they ever have to stop me...or I ever have to stop them. But we never talk about it. Ever.
MJ: So in that case... you must've thought about how to beat the Hulk.
S: That's right.
MJ: So does that mean you've figured out how to beat him?

Then Spidey hits his thumb with a hammer and tries to change the subject.

MJ: ...Could you really beat the Hulk?
S: Yeah. Yeah, I could. But the only way to do it, to really stop him, would be to kill him."

The only way i can imagine spidey doing something like that would be to crate some sort of device which can suck the gamma radiation out of the hulk and thereby virtually 'killing' him and possibly banner too.
Also as a sidenote I would have to give the debate to Con..even though both their knowledge about the Hulk's superpower's were weak, Con had a strong argument.
Posted by GodSands 8 years ago
GodSands
That byist saying the Hulk is a Villian. No one is. Both are nutral.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
Basically, Spider-Man would beat the Hulk with his intelligence in combination to his super powers. One more thing: Spider-Man never cuts loose against his villains. He always holds back out of fear of killing them. He is a lot stronger/faster than he appears to be.
Vote Placed by brokenboy 5 years ago
brokenboy
GodSandsHeedMyFeedTied
Reasons for voting decision: HULK SMASH
Vote Placed by imabeast7 6 years ago
imabeast7
GodSandsHeedMyFeedTied
Vote Placed by tymel1120 6 years ago
tymel1120
GodSandsHeedMyFeedTied
Vote Placed by Elmakai 6 years ago
Elmakai
GodSandsHeedMyFeedTied
Vote Placed by wonderwoman 7 years ago
wonderwoman
GodSandsHeedMyFeedTied
Vote Placed by philosphical 7 years ago
philosphical
GodSandsHeedMyFeedTied
Vote Placed by PrvnMthws 7 years ago
PrvnMthws
GodSandsHeedMyFeedTied
Vote Placed by rougeagent21 7 years ago
rougeagent21
GodSandsHeedMyFeedTied
Vote Placed by 18freckles 7 years ago
18freckles
GodSandsHeedMyFeedTied
Vote Placed by baconator 8 years ago
baconator
GodSandsHeedMyFeedTied