Internetuser2
fire_wings

The Internet benefits musicians

Started: 2/1/2016 Category: Music

Internetuser2

Pro

The Internet has opened up a whole new world of music for people around the world. Since the early days of the internet, people have begun to become exposed to not only new bands or artists but entire new genres of music that they would have never been exposed too. musicians are also able to share their music and gain fans that they would never have had, thanks to the internet. The internet has also given people the ability to share tutorials and tips on how to create music which can create even more musicians. The internet and musicians truly benefit one another.
fire_wings

Con

I accept. Arguments in the next round.
Internetuser2

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate. since I already made my opening response, I will give you this round to make your response.
fire_wings

Con

Framework

Okay, I will make my arguments this round, and then rebut my opponent's points. BoP is on Pro. I will be telling why the internet is bad for musicians.

Arguments

1. Musicians need to earn money

Look at youtube. We can watch the things that the musicians made for free. They are doing this to get money also, but with the Internet, they can't earn money, people don't pay for the music, they just listen and watch in the interent or youtube. Therefore the internet is bad for musicians because they can't earn money.

Rebuttals

1. My opponent's argument.

"The Internet has opened up a whole new world of music for people around the world. Since the early days of the internet, people have begun to become exposed to not only new bands or artists but entire new genres of music that they would have never been exposed too. musicians are also able to share their music and gain fans that they would never have had, thanks to the internet. The internet has also given people the ability to share tutorials and tips on how to create music which can create even more musicians. The internet and musicians truly benefit one another. "

I will now rebut his argument. Why would the musicians like to give their music to the fans, when they need money. That is the whole reason that they are actually musicians.

Thanks.

Internetuser2

Pro

In responding to your argument,
the internet makes it even easier to purchase songs, albums, and tickets to concerts. Musicians that are extremely talented will always be able to find money. if you look at today's world, extremely talented musicans are very wealthy. Those that are not so popular and have trouble finding money, get discovered on youtube. Youtube gives many unknown artists an outlet to show off their music to a large population that would have otherwise never see them. although this might not equate to immideate money, it could lead to an increase in album sales and songs purchases on other outlets, maybe even a record contract, or being able to open up for a big band and become very popular, and an increase in concert sales. The internet if anything makes it easier and simplier to give artists money.
fire_wings

Con

I will rebut my opponent's case, and do my defense.

Defense

Okay, my opponent does not rebut my argument at all. He does not rebut the part of me of you can watch the things free. Then my opponent says with the Internet, it can be popular. Being not popular with no internet is better. Even though they are popular, people will watch them in the internet. However, even though it is not famous, at least some people will come. So that is why with no internet is preferable to musicians.

Pro states that musicians do not care about money. Then why are they doing this? To like music, and earn money, making this argument insufficient.

Rebuttals

Pro says that it will be a world full of music. This argument is insufficient to the resolution, because this is about musicians, not the fans.
He also states people should tell the more talented musicians. How are the other people supposed to know? They have the right to make what music they want.

Pro's arguments lack of logic. Vote for Con.
Posted by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
trying to see how you argue against this. Guess someone could claim the internet in a sense hurts because it's so competitive that not many artist make it but eh idk.