Jenima
to4oo4

The Internet should be helpful

Jenima
Started: 8/12/2015 Category: Technology

Jenima

Pro

The Internet shouldn't be that easy to get to, it shouldn't be that open to the public, but neither should it be open to some secret government project, we should limit research and remove what's unnecessary like games and social media. There's a reason why Alexander Graham Bell and Antonio Meucci created the telephone, its a useful tool nowadays..all thanks to those two fellas!
to4oo4

Con

While I do believe the internet should be helpful, it should be also be allowed to be used for recreational purposes. The internet is for everyone, and so its users shouldn't be forced to only use it for educational purposes and for personal convienence as you said it should.
Jenima

Pro

Internet is for everyone, I agree. But behind all the positivity will hide all the negativity. I'm not really against the Internet since I'm using it, but I think it would mean a lot if people would stop complaining about their lives over social media and actually do something about it, make friends that you actually get to meet, not through an avatar, then again if you're emotionally sensitive, the Internet may not be a place for you.
to4oo4

Con

to4oo4 forfeited this round.
Jenima

Pro

As you've stated in round one, users should not be forced to use the Internet for educational purposes and personal convenience as you said it should. Firstly, I would like to say that the people using the Internet aren't the people who has the permission to change any of that. Secondly, there's ways to post your website on Google, so that's my concern in this debate. Many people use Google and I'm sure there's no way of forcing the community to remove their website.
to4oo4

Con

to4oo4 forfeited this round.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: The-Voice-of-Truth// Mod action: Removed<

1 points to Pro (Conduct) 1 point to Con (S&G). Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro due to forfeiture by Con. S&G to Con, as Pro had various spelling errors, but Pro had none.

[*Reason for removal*] The standard being set by this voter for S&G does not mirror the standards. Merely having "various spelling errors" doesn't make Pro's argument substantially difficult to understand, which is the necessary bar that a side must reach in order to afford the other side this point.
************************************************************************
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
Simple solution: don't go to the website. If you want reliable information, filter the search to mainly .edu or .org.

#Logic
#IgnoranceIsPrevalent
Posted by Jenima 1 year ago
Jenima
@The-Voice-of-Truth, I'm great, thanks. If you want to know what I'm talking about, visit Steve Pavlina's website. Its not a virus or anything..he's just trying to bring people on his side, the bad one. Check out his pictures and tell me how you feel about it.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 1 year ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
@Jenima, if you want reliable information, just use Google Scholar, or limit your search to reliable websites such as follows: "Gravitational Propagation though Time: .edu"
Posted by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
It's pretty easy to sort through the good and bad stuff on the internet. Seriously, it isn't that hard to tell the difference between the two.
Posted by Jenima 1 year ago
Jenima
@MedicRN17, you have in fact misinterpreted what I have left you with, its not a very big deal though.
Posted by MedicRN17 1 year ago
MedicRN17
@Jenima, Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I refrain from debating spiritual or religious matters. Considering your reply in which I am assuming you are referring to the internet as a massive channel of negative energy and its potential effects on the masses, I would have to say, "A person gets out of the internet precisely what that person inquires about." But if I understand your interpretation of negativity, then its just my opinion that the negativity you refer to has been shot through the fabric of our existence and aversion from that negativity is an individual endeavor and positivity is enhanced further when individual endeavors find commonality an work in conjunction. If i have misunderstood you, please forgive me and thank you for allowing me to participate in your post.
Posted by Jenima 1 year ago
Jenima
@MedicRN17, I'm not talking about negative subjects, even though that is how it appears to you. I'm talking about it spiritually, for example, you walk by someone and you feel like something isn't right, you feel anxious and/or drowsy, it means that someone negative has drained your energy and you can't do anything about it because you're not protecting yourself, like you should. Maybe you're the negative person, maybe you're not but I can't judge you on that because I don't know you, if you really want to know if you're a negative person or not you should test yourself, are you with God or the fallen angels?
Posted by MedicRN17 1 year ago
MedicRN17
Jenima, could you describe or list some of the things you consider negative?
Posted by Jenima 1 year ago
Jenima
@MedicRN17, the Internet could have been a very good tool if there wasn't so much negativity in it.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
Jenimato4oo4Tied
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
Jenimato4oo4Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.