AlfredoAbud
Riversidegirl4life

The Iphone is better than the blackberry!

Riversidegirl4life
Started: 2/5/2012 Category: Technology

AlfredoAbud

Pro

The iphone is better than the blackberry and has been for the passed 6 years. The iphone has been able to keep up with the changes in demand of technology . The iphones application store has amazing features. The iphone is also one of the most durable phones out there. I personally own an iphone and I love it. I use every feature on it from the siri application to the amazing camera. The blackberry has been known to have a lot of glitches and a lot of defective parts. I believe that the iphone can anything that any phone on the market can do as of right now. This phone just keeps getting better and better and the release of the iphone five will further prove my point. some may say that the loss of Steve jobs might impact the productions but with new and innovative ideas that apple is coming up with apple fans are anticipating the top selling iphone yet. Blackberry falling off the map they have come out with a couple new phones recently they have all been nothing but let downs to say the least. As it stands blackberry is under iphone in the race for the top selling phone. Blackberry's have had multiple problem with their phones hardware in recent years. One of the biggest issues with the blackberry is that the ball or the touch screen scrolling button is very unreliable. The phones with this feature have caused many people a lot of trouble especially because it is very costly to fix that issue. Iphones have not presented any problems with their phones in recent years other than the one issue a couple of months ago with the reception issue of the iphone 4 but that was fixed easily with the 2nd generation and the new casing.
Riversidegirl4life

Con

As an owner of both an iPhone and a Blackberry (not simultaneously!) I found this debate interesting, as I have clearly found my Blackberry a better all round-phone.

Q1: "The iphones application store has amazing features"
I agree that the app store on the iPhone is great. This is not a reason why it is better than the Blackberry though, as you haven't described why it is better than the app store on the Blackberry. I prefer the latter, as it is easier to navigate- the reviews overall are more reliable and the download time is faster.

Q2: " The iphone is also one of the most durable phones out there."
You haven't given any sources or any statistics to prove that the iPhone is very durable. It actually isn't as the following post on an Apple Support forum read:
"Front glass of my iPhone shattered yesterday when I got out of the car. Fell from my lap to the pavement. Short fall, a little higher than knee height.
Checking around, the glass is not as durable as Apple would have you think. There are lots of shattered iPhones and it's only a month old. I have their bumper too to protect it so it isn't like I haven't taken precautions."
As you can see, even with the protective shield many iPhones are still very prone to breaking and scratching. Even the fact that an iPhone requires an addition to keep it safe proves it is not very durable The Blackberry however, is more robust and does not break half as easily. I have never found the need to spend money on a case for my Blackberry, as the back is made from a durable rubber material which has excellent grip- unlike my iPhone which would slide half way across my desk when I gently nudged it.

Q3: "Blackberry falling off the map they have come out with a couple new phones recently they have all been nothing but let downs to say the least. "
You have briefly explained why they are a "let down" (poor software) but again, this is really vague and you haven't given me any sources to believe that the Blackberry software is of any less quality than that of the iPhone, so I can't seriously consider this point.

I'd like to express why I beleive the Blackberry is better than the iPhone. With texting and emailing being such a common use for mobile phones, a touch screen keyboard is really inconvenient when it comes to typing! Not only do the keys lack contour (this really compensates for the size of the blackberry keys) but due to their size it is much too hard to type something quickly. A lot of people need to make a quick text or email in less than a minute, and with the keyboard posing several difficulties, this isn't an opportunity.
Secondly, touch screen. For something you use so often, I don't believe a touch screen is convenient. Firstly, you can't use it with gloves! Last winter I went skiing and had to take off my two pairs of gloves whenever I needed to type! Secondly, due to it's sensitivity it is very prone to scratching. (1)

1. http://www.touchscreenprotector.info...
AlfredoAbud

Pro

AlfredoAbud forfeited this round.
Riversidegirl4life

Con

Riversidegirl4life forfeited this round.
AlfredoAbud

Pro

AlfredoAbud forfeited this round.
Riversidegirl4life

Con

Need I continue? Vote Con!
AlfredoAbud

Pro

AlfredoAbud forfeited this round.
Riversidegirl4life

Con

I have nothing to rebut, Vote Con!
AlfredoAbud

Pro

AlfredoAbud forfeited this round.
Riversidegirl4life

Con

Vote Con! I hope you guys vote me as I had much clearer conduct and was clearly much more committed to this debate
Posted by Nur-Ab-Sal 5 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
I hate when there's not a clear resolution, because I don't think the contender could win with "the iPhone IS better than the Blackberry," implying only now, but I think the contender has a chance with your opening sentence, "the iPhone is better than the Blackberry and has been for the past six years."
Vote Placed by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
AlfredoAbudRiversidegirl4lifeTied