Xie-Xijivuli
DAbest

The Iraq War

Xie-Xijivuli

Xie-Xijivuli

Pro

Thanks to DAbest for accepting this debate.

I before I start the debate, I'd like for my opponent to answer the following questions.

1) What would you have changed about the War in Iraq?
2) Do you think Saddam Hussein was an 'evil' man? Why or why not?
3) What were beneficial effects of the Iraq War? Unbeneficial?
DAbest

Con

Now there is a few things that may seem as though wrong about it, and these are my decisions on it.

1) To leave them along, if we stay and fight more innocent people will get hurt, and counteracting with a war will only lead to another war, thus not needed, war is mainly the center of violence.

2) Yes, because he led his troops to hurt innocent people and yes, stopping him ment the best for the world.

3) Well the positive affects of the war as I see it is allowing the Iraqies to know that we won't give up to the affects of stopping the war war. The negative affects include more war, we fight, it only let's the know that we want to fight which will lead to more war, as I said before, war is not good.
Xie-Xijivuli

Pro

My opponent claims:
//" ...if we stay and fight more innocent people will get hurt, and counteracting with a war will only lead to another war, thus not needed, war is mainly the center of violence."//

Innocent people are always casualties, no matter what. Our military is not allowed to fire on civilians, or throw grenades on al Qaeda agents with civilians nearby. The United States army does not use living people for shields as terrorists we fight do.

The loss of innocent lives is largely due to al Qaeda and other's undignified tactics.

//"2) Yes, because he led his troops to hurt innocent people and yes, stopping him ment the best for the world."//

I agree; Saddam was a monster. As a result of the War in Iraq, Saddam was overthrown and the 200,000 people (who were executed by his Baath party) were the only one he could kill. So, Hussein was disposed of due to the war. If it were not for our invasion, he would still be out there.

//"3) Well the positive affects of the war as I see it is allowing the Iraqies to know that we won't give up to the affects of stopping the war war. The negative affects include more war, we fight, it only let's the know that we want to fight which will lead to more war, as I said before, war is not good.'//

Our war in Iraq has not lead to any more wars in the last half-decade we have been there. War is terrible, but sometimes is necessary.

We have fought and killed over 60,000 terrorists. The death of the US soldiers is under 6,000. I'd say a 1:10 ratio of death of soldier to terrorist is a good one.
DAbest

Con

My opponent showed good information but here are some reasons of why Iraq shouldn't be delt with using war.

1) No matter what, war only leads to future depressions in civilizations, by means of violence and killing. War should not be used to resolve problems of people which we hate due to personal reasons. Problems should be handled with peace, by the means of creating a better world for the future.

2) War with Iraq means we have less access to the supplies we need for our daily life. Iraq's main supply is oil, which most nations need in order to keep their their economy at bay. If we fight, the Iraqians will cut off the access which we are lucky to have now and our supply of goods will decrease, meaning harder lives for people.

3) Using means of war will create more war. Iraq will only want to use war until we give up, bringing back to my point that more innocent people will be hurt as long as the war continues. Not only people, but the American and othe National troops will get hurt or even killed. They could possibly have families they need to support but with them gone their families could have a much harder life, creating depression bringing back to my first point.
Xie-Xijivuli

Pro

//1) No matter what, war only leads to future depressions in civilizations, by means of violence and killing. War should not be used to resolve problems of people which we hate due to personal reasons. Problems should be handled with peace, by the means of creating a better world for the future.//

Some wars are necessary. WWII was the result of WWI - but has Germany done anything since then? No! If we had stood passively, more would have died and we may be dealing with the NAZIs today.

We TRIED diplomacy with Saddam Hussein. Saddam was such an idiot and arrogant fool, he didn't listen. It isn't like we declared an invasion 5 minutes after 9/11.

//2) War with Iraq means we have less access to the supplies we need for our daily life. Iraq's main supply is oil, which most nations need in order to keep their their economy at bay. If we fight, the Iraqians will cut off the access which we are lucky to have now and our supply of goods will decrease, meaning harder lives for people.//

According to the CIA factbook, Iraq EXPORTS (mostly to us) 1.83 million bbl/day of oil. This is very high, especially for a country of their stature. Iraq hasn't cut our access as much as you say it has. Around 40.5% of the oil exported goes the US and Canada.

Either way, we are in it for the people -- not the money or oil.

//3) Using means of war will create more war. Iraq will only want to use war until we give up, bringing back to my point that more innocent people will be hurt as long as the war continues. Not only people, but the American and othe National troops will get hurt or even killed. They could possibly have families they need to support but with them gone their families could have a much harder life, creating depression bringing back to my first point.//

Has another war started because of the Iraq War?

We are hardly at war. We are at war all ground the world with many countries as our allies, but that is against terrorism. We aren't fighting Iraqis, and the only thing that dares to attack is a suicide bomber. Coalition forces are only there to assist Iraqis in monitoring internal and cross-border security!

We have killed 60,000+ terrorists for the death of 4,000 Americans, who KNEW that they could die, KNEW what could happen when they signed up, and did NOT die in vain. I would say that is a fair swap (60,000 to 4,000).
DAbest

Con

DAbest forfeited this round.
Xie-Xijivuli

Pro

*Twiddles Thumbs*

I'm sure my opponent has a good reason for the forfeit.
DAbest

Con

Wait what! I did no such thing. Guess I took to long, oh well, nothing much else to post but just to wait for the votes. Good luck.
Posted by Xie-Xijivuli 7 years ago
Xie-Xijivuli
Posted by DAbest 7 years ago
DAbest
Guess I took too long. That's what made it forfeit, oh well, Good luck.
Posted by Xie-Xijivuli 7 years ago
Xie-Xijivuli
ACK! I r make error. Change 4,000 to 6,000 in my round 3 post. KTHXBAI!!!1
Vote Placed by Lazy 7 years ago
Lazy
Xie-XijivuliDAbestTied
Vote Placed by Xie-Xijivuli 7 years ago
Xie-Xijivuli
Xie-XijivuliDAbestTied