Stupidape
joskoo

The Islam religion is homophobic.

Stupidape

Pro

Outline
I. Intro
II. Mass murder based upon sexual orientation
III. Homophobia in religious texts
IV. Summary
V. Sources

I. Intro

Islam is homophobic. " Fear, hatred, or mistrust of lesbians and gay men." [1]

"Orlando Has Exposed Islam’s Huge Homophobia Problem"[2]

"Thrown from a roof, stoned to death and crucified: While the world reacts with horror to terror in Europe, new ISIS executions show the medieval brutality jihadists would bring to the West" [3]

III. Homophobia in religious texts

Quran "Quran (7:80-84) - "...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)" -" [4]

Hadith and Sira
"
Abu Dawud (4462) - The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.".

Abu Dawud (4448) - "If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death." (Note the implicit approval of sodomizing one's wife)." [4]

IV. Summary

In conclusion, based upon the evidence provided, I find Islamic religion to be extremely homophobic. Clearly, an ideology that targets one group of minorities also targets others.

V. Sources
1. http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
2. https://newrepublic.com...
3. http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
4. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com...
joskoo

Con

No, I do not agree with your argument. There are two parts of Islam. One is very extreme group (the one your'e talking about) like IS. But the other group is not extreme. The non-extreme group of Islam is not necessarily homophobic, just as not all the Christians or Jewish are homophobic. They don't murder and plant bombs. They don't hate, their rather concerned. It is true that extreme Islamic group is homophobic. But that doesn't mean Islam overall is homophobic.
In the next round, I hope you don't argue with quotes copied from the internet. (You only copied quotes that are bad about Islam. You didn't copy any quotes that are good.) My point is that not all Islam are homophobic.
Stupidape

Pro

My opponent has used no sources. I also think my opponent is getting Muslim confused with the Islam religion. Muslim is to believer in religion x. As Islam as to religion x's faith. Yes, there are many Muslims who claim they aren't homophobic. Yet, overall the Islamic faith seem homophobic. Especially considering there is a substantial amount of homophobic material within the religious text.

Perhaps more importantly peaceful Muslim still proliferate the Islam religion. Proliferating a religion with so much violence, homophobia, racism, religious intolerance, warmongering, and misogyny within its culture and religious texts is never good.

Thank you for accepting the debate and good luck.
joskoo

Con

I would like to say a few things to my opponent.

1) It could have been smart by not giving advice that I was thinking Muslim and win the debate. (No offense and thanks for the advice anyway.)

2) How do you know all of Islam is homophobic? Have you interviewed every person that is Islam. I bet you that the answer is no.

3) Some of your arguments in round one were useless.

4) Why did you talk a little about Muslim on round 2? I accidentally talked about Muslim, not purposely.

5) You do not give advice to your opponent

6) There is nothing bad about not using sources.
Stupidape

Pro

My opponent's argument appears to be a collection of random thoughts. My round one and two arugments still stand while my opponent has made no real attempt at a rebuttal nor argument. Here's an example.

"3) Some of your arguments in round one were useless." joskoo

Do you care to elaborate joskoo?
joskoo

Con

I do not have random thoughts... it seems like you have random thoughts. Your random thought is that all of Islam is homophobic. That's not true. It could be true if you interviewed every Islam person. But I bet that you didn't do that. And you don't have enough proof all of Islam is homophobic. I'm pretty sure that you're not sure if your right or not. Your quotes in round 1 were actually pretty silly. It was also useless. Why? It were just some quotes from just some people.
Posted by Umar99 7 months ago
Umar99
Islam is against homosexuality though...read the Quran...though I disagree with ISIS and hate them this is something that all Muslims have been against since it is clear from Quran and Hadith homosexuality is wrong and the one who does sodomy is to be punished.
Posted by joskoo 7 months ago
joskoo
Please vote for me...
Posted by canis 7 months ago
canis
Fear is fobic..Religion is an atempt to control fear..Some must die in the process.. Or religion looses control..