The Islamic Empire has contributed so much to science.

1. No out right abusing Islam without justifications

2. Person who accepts must go first

3. Evidence must be given

4. Must admit that I am sexy

The Islamic Empire put nothing into science. For instance we look at the Greeks who came up with first of all the calendar and so much to do with space. From establishing using the moon to tell whether the tide is high or low to knowing when seasonal patterns with occur. Then on to the Romans who named all the planted after their gods just by using a single telescope to notice the planets moving around in space. I don't see anything the Islamic Empire contributed to our sciences now. I mean even up to now where we have rocket scientists, the science that the Islamic Empire thought they contributed to was obviously traded with them. And another way proven why Islamic Empire's never were recognized as contributing so much of their scientific ideas, is they had no philosophers. The Greeks and The Romans had many Philosophers from the beginning of the science area that I'm telling you right now that Greeks and Romans were basically the fathers of science. Unless you have any specific evidence that disproves that, I have some right here..
On that website it specifically says that we owe all our science inventions to the Greeks because they were the one's that gave us the ideas of science. Those ideas that led to other ideas that are brilliant from Evolution to Theories. Greeks came up with so much inventions of science that the Islamic Empire didn't even knew existed like a telescope. I would admit that Islamic Empires were smart and knew they seasonal weather patterns, but I would only say that is that and they never put anything big into what we have today. Everything should be credited to the Romans and Greeks.

Thanks for accepting. Firstly Islamic Empire is meant as a term. A Islamic empire, at least in my opinion is a empire that is primary Muslim in demographic, and follows the shariah law. Secondly I admit that the Islamic world didn't contribute much compared to the Greeks. In spite of that there are many examples were a Muslim or the Islamic empire (I will be referring to the Ottoman empire) have made ground breaking achievements that have determined the future of the western way of living. For example Ab$3; F3;Abdallāh MuM17;ammad ibn M$3;sā al-Khwārizmī a Muslim who had been living in the Abbasid empire had been the first to develop the mathematical system called algorithm. I admit what he made and called algorithm is primitive compared to what we have now. But none the less without algorithm there would of been no computers and no facebook and no Another part of the Islamic empire that had effected the way we live now is literacy. Back then most people had no idea how to read or write. Only the rich and male could. But the Islamic empire had stressed literacy so much because of the prophet muhhamed teachings and how he said that knowledge is better than anything. This led to books that taught revolutionary techniques that changed astronomy, geography and medicine. All these revolutionary discoveries had made a big contribution to the European Renaissance.

HashTagWeLoveDebate forfeited this round.

Ok because you forfeited for some reason I will continue with my statement. This time I will quote verses from the Quran that predicted scientific facts centuries before it was even studied. For example, in chapter twenty-one verse thirty it states "We made every living thing from water? Will they not believe?". In this verse water is pointed out as the origin of all life. All living things are made of cells. We now know that cells are mostly made up of water. For example, 80% of the cytoplasm (basic cell material) of a standard animal cell is described as water in biology textbooks.

Second is Iron. Iron is not a natural material. It did not form on earth like water did. It may be weird but scientists have found out that billions of years the earth was struck by meteorites which contained Iron. In the Quran chapter fifty-seven and verse twenty-five it states the following "We sent down Iron with its great inherent strength and its many benefits for humankind".
God uses the words "sent down" for Iron. It is clear from the verse that Iron is not an earthly material, but was sent down for the benefit of humanity. The fact that Iron came down to earth from outer space, is something which could not be known by the primitive science of the 7th century.

The sky plays a crucial role in protecting the earth. The sky protects the earth from the lethal rays of the sun. If the sky did not exist then the sun"s radiation would have killed off all life on earth. It also acts like a blanket wrapped around the earth, to protect it from the freezing cold of space. The temperature just above the sky is approximately -270oC. If this temperature was to reach earth then the planet would freeze over instantly. The sky also protects life on earth by warming the surface through heat retention (greenhouse effect), and reducing temperature extremes between day and night .These are some of the many protective functions of the sky.
The Quran says in chapter twenty-one verse thirty-two
We made the sky a protective ceiling. And yet they are turning away from Our signs!
The Quran points to the sky"s protection as a sign of God. The protective properties of the sky were discovered by scientific research conducted in the 20th century.

P.S I have used a Modern Standard Arabic Quran that is available for purchase in Amazon.

Posted by Gulam 2 years ago
Sorry I was quite sloppy
Posted by gordonjames 2 years ago
I would be interested in debating this - but I think it is up to pro to define a few terms AND to present an argument first.

Please define
The Islamic Empire
so much

Are you talking about a specific time period?
Are you including - The Ottoman Empire, The Safavid Empire, and the The Mughal Empire, or just one of these?
Posted by Romanii 2 years ago
What is the definition of "so much"?
Vote Placed by KingDebater 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con had better arguments, but he did forfeit.