MalumMeansAppleInLatin
iamanatheistandthisiswhy

The Jesus Interpretation of Quantum Physics is Sound

MalumMeansAppleInLatin

MalumMeansAppleInLatin

Pro

Definition of Jesus interpretation: the interpretation of quantum physics including the existence of Jesus

Burden of proof is entirely on me.

Round one is for acceptance as well.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy

Con

I accept this debate. I am really interested as to what argument my opponent brings to the table as I have never heard this interpretation before. However, I am pretty sure Jesus didn't understand quantum mechanics, well if he really existed that is.(1,2)

(1) http://www.gotquestions.org...
(2) http://www.nobeliefs.com...
MalumMeansAppleInLatin

Pro

The Jesus Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics

1) If the Copenhagen interpretation of QM is true, the wave function of any physical system needs to be collapsed by an external conscious (intentional) observer.

2)The Copenhagen interpretation of QM is (probably) true

3)Therefore, the wave function of any physical system needs to be collapsed by an external conscious (intentional) observer

4)The physical universe as a whole is a physical system.

5)Therefore, the wave function of the universe needs to be collapsed by an external conscious (intentional) observer.

6) That observer is probably Jesus

C: The Jesus interpretation of quantum mechanics is correct.

P1

Nobody denies this.

P2

The Copenhagen interpretation gives us the polar coordinates of the spin-states of non-local entangled particles:

s://lh4.googleusercontent.com...; alt="" />

In its polar form, yields;

s://lh3.googleusercontent.com...; alt="" width="295px;" height="43px;" />

Which gives us the Schrodinger equation:

s://lh3.googleusercontent.com...; alt="" width="226px;" height="52px;" />

Ergo, Copenhagen is correct.

This can be supported, as well, by the following equation:

a = Δv = vv0
Δt Δt
v = v0 + aΔt

This equation supports it due to it being the equation of motion. You may be asking, however, how the motion equation fits into this. Well, due to the movement of the wave functions within the physical systems. The wave functions move at a constant speed of 32 miles per hour. Jesus controls this in order to keep the universe in balance because, if he did not do so, the universe would be in a constant, spinning state that may destroy just about everything.

The Schrodinger equation is supported, in this argument, by Jesus Quantum Mechanist enthusiast Josef Fritzl of Austria. He received a PhD in physics having to do with is specific branch of quantum mechanics in July of 1992 and has, as to date, published over nine thousand texts on the subject.

In the words of Fritzl himself, "Jesus has the ability to do anything, by definition, and is, therefore, responsible for the workings of quantum mechanics. This is made responsible by the following graph:

As you can see, the transparent minerals are concentrated mostly around the blue line. Now, the blue line represents the concentration of minerals around Jesus while he is within our plane of existence. As you can see, it is denser as he first gets into our plane. But as he leaves our plane to go focus on another, the minerals start to go back towards nothing.

This helps prove that Jesus is involved due to the little blue cubes representing the cubes around him.

Have a picture of a corgi to help console you, as my argument is obviously superior to yours as it is and you should just give up as it is now.

<a href=http://www.dogbreedinfo.com...; />

God, I love corgis.

Okay, so more facts as to how Jesus is involved.

Premise 1.) Jesus is everywhere

Premise 2.) Jesus can control anything

Premise 3.) By Jesus' ability to control anything, he has a responsibility to due to knowing so

Premise 4.) By premise 3, Jesus HAS to be involved in these actions.

If Jesus is not involved in these actions, then he must not exist. But he does, as is seen by your very own existence. Due to the fact that you are here, it is obvious that Jesus exists. How else would you be here? The universe itself isn't conscious and even if it was, it wouldn't care enough about you specifically to just create you. So, due to this, the only thing to have created you was God/Jesus. It is completely non-negotiable. Here is a mathematical equation as to how Jesus HAS to exist.

G_{\mu \nu} + \Lambda g_{\mu \nu}= {8\pi G\over c^4} T_{\mu \nu}

Now, if you do not understand this equation, just stop reading here...unless you want me to explain it to you.

Basically, G stands for Jesus, and the little u thing with the v next to it stands for universe. The A stands for applying, and again, g, u, and v, all stand for jesus and universe. Then there is 8 pi Jesus over c^4, obviously standing for the explosive C4 bomb, all times T, meaning time multiplied by the universe. Now, Jesus and universe plus applying jesus and the universe equals 8 pi Jesus over C4 bomb TimeXJesus universe. This actually does make a lot of sense if you critically analyze it. Just look at this graph that puts it more in-depth.

File:Spacetime curvature.png

Some spooky stuff, eh? Well, I bet you are convinced my way is correct now.

Here are my sources cited:

http://boards.4chan.org...

http://www.facebook.com...

http://www.pokemon.co.jp...

I leave now to let my opponent decide how I am obviously right.

iamanatheistandthisiswhy

Con

Thanks to my opponent for the laughs, I really enjoyed the humour. Honestly I thought this was going to be a serious debate, but at point 1 of the initial argument, I knew you were playing a great joke. As while statement 1 is correct, it seems to not be considering all aspects of the Copenhagen interpretation.(1)

So just to clarify The Copenhagen interpretation relies on the wave/particle duality. So yes, when we observe the system the wave function does copse when we take into consideration the Heisenberg Uncertainty principle.(2) What's interesting as well is how you can consider the Copenhagen Interpretation to be true and then build a new interpretation on its tenants while not creating tenants of your own.

One last thing which I would like my opponent to address out of interest is point 3 of the Jesus Interpretation. Why does the wave function need to be observed by an external observer and hence collapse?

The rest of this interpretation is gibberish and well trolled,and let me just give a few examples of this.
(a) Joseph Fritzl the rapist and child molester quoted as a Jesus interpretation expert.(3)
(b) Then this brilliant gibberish explaining constants in an equation. Basically, G stands for Jesus, and the little u thing with the v next to it stands for universe. The A stands for applying, and again, g, u, and v, all stand for Jesus and universe.
(c) Great resources cited.

Thanks for the laughs.

(1) http://abyss.uoregon.edu...
(2) http://www.aip.org...
(3) http://en.wikipedia.org...

MalumMeansAppleInLatin

Pro

I would like to point out that my opponent still has not gone through absolutely every single one of my arguments, leaving each of them standing and not disproven. Of course, you can't just disprove Jesus; it is ridiculous to even try.

Now, in response to the point you made: in quantum mechanics, wave function collapse is the phenomenon in which a wave function—initially in a superposition of several eigenstates—appears to reduce to a single eigenstate after interaction with an observer. This is shown here within this equation:

Now, the n with a line through it stands for new stuff. The E thing stands for energy. And the rest, I don't know. I just know it has to do with math that I don't understand. And, I would like to take this chance to do the following:

Josef Fritzl's status as a rapist and child molestor do not dictate whether he is an expert within this field or not. It is almost like you are saying my status as awesome dictates whether I can join the Kool Kids Club or not. But, this doesn't make sense. If that were true, I wouldn't be in it, and I wouldn't be one of the higher up members in my sect. (Cali32B.)

I would also like to thank you for saying my sources cited were great, as it is you admitting I had a better argument than you, indirectly. I am okay with this, as it greatens my chance to win against you. I want to let you have a chance to win, though. My level of expertice in this section is much higher than yours, and it is obvious that makes this debate a little unfair.

To make your defeat a little less bitter, I will allow you a picture of another corgi.

<a href=http://i2.cdn.turner.com...; />

Oh my God, I love corgis.

So, another person that could help me with this argument is famed Jesus physicist Quentin Smith. He is little known for this, as his acting career takes up most of his life, but he has said a select few intelligent words on the subject such as, "Use the Force. Let it be your light unto the Lord, and let it show you how to do physics and stuff,"

http://qsmithwmu.com...; alt="http://web.archive.org...; />

Tell me, would this innocent face lie to you? He has never lied to me and just look at me: I am on my way to getting a Jesus quantum physics degree.

So, in conclusion, it is almost undeniable that Jesus plays parts in Quantum Physics, straight down to the smallest of points. If he didn't, the universe itself would fall apart at the seams simply from his not being there. He has the ability to keep this all in balance, and to hold particles together, and if he doesn't exist, he is not doing so and nothing else is. This just makes it undeniable.

<a href=http://www.metalmouth.net...; />
iamanatheistandthisiswhy

Con

Thanks again to my opponent for the humour.

I will answer your main question which seems to rely on two premises as the actual arguments are ludicrous, so there is no point addressing them. In the same manner you pointed out that "my opponent still has not gone through absolutely every single one of my arguments, leaving each of them standing and not disproven." This is true but all your arguments are based on a faulty interpretation of the Copenhagen interpretation as I pointed out in my first rebuttal. As such any argument after the initial flawed interpretation is wrong and so is not worth addressing, especially when my opponent does not understand the math. As for answering my question "Why does the wave function need to be observed by an external observer and hence collapse?" saying that "wave function collapse is the phenomenon in which a wave function—initially in a superposition of several eigenstates—appears to reduce to a single eigenstate after interaction with an observer." is not an answer.

I would agree with my opponent Joseph Fritzl could be a great physicist, however he has never written a book on quantum mechanics or for that matter studied it.(1) So why would I believe someone who has no understanding of a very technical subject, like my opponent?

Lastly saying my opponents sources were great, was listed in the section of my initial rebuttal as other "gibberish and well trolled". When you cite the 4chan /b/ thread as fact then you are giving away your troll nature.

Thanks again for some entertainment, I just wish we could move this debate over to the humour department.

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org...

Posted by DanielCoimbra 3 years ago
DanielCoimbra
"1) If the Copenhagen interpretation of QM is true, the wave function of any physical system needs to be collapsed by an external conscious (intentional) observer."

This is a gross misunderstanding. Two quantum systems need to interact in order for the wave-function to collapse - it has NOTHING to do with conscience.

Source: (amazing physics Sean M. Carroll)
Posted by Installgentoo 3 years ago
Installgentoo
The word "observer" in qunatum mechanics means something that interacts with a wave function. In no way does a wave need to be observed in the usual sense of that word to collapse.
Posted by Magic8000 3 years ago
Magic8000
@philo,

You vote for the funniest one.
Posted by philochristos 3 years ago
philochristos
I have no idea how to vote on debates like these.
Posted by Magic8000 3 years ago
Magic8000
Wow, Pro could be the new imabench. Anyway, seems to be a flaw in the argument, the founder of the Jesus interpretation Dr. Alex Talsovove doesn't accept the Copenhagen interpretation as it is ungodly and promotes premarital sex.
Posted by Sargon 3 years ago
Sargon
I think Pro has a chance.
Posted by Magic8000 3 years ago
Magic8000
Oh god I'm loling!
Posted by Alanna 3 years ago
Alanna
Perhaps you should try reading "Quantum Glory: The Science of Heaven Invading Earth" written by Phil Mason. You may find it interesting.
Vote Placed by TheAntidoter 3 years ago
TheAntidoter
MalumMeansAppleInLatiniamanatheistandthisiswhyTied
Reasons for voting decision: gg
Vote Placed by dj21 3 years ago
dj21
Reasons for voting decision: While this debate was pretty funny, I have to give Con as many points as possible just because Pro's position, while hilarious, was just that. Sliding from QM to theology... why Jesus, not God? But I digress.
Vote Placed by Yraelz 3 years ago
Yraelz
Reasons for voting decision: The level of sophistication and knowledge that Pro demonstrates on various quantum mechanical concepts is difficult to surpass. His knowledge is undoubtedly the byproduct of many doctoral thesis on this topic. I think that Con's best strategy was attempting to appeal to reader's via incredulity. However, the clear dominance that Pro brings to the table, regarding this subject, is just too overwhelming to wish away.
Vote Placed by Sargon 3 years ago
Sargon
Reasons for voting decision: Pro shows a sophisticated understanding of quantum mechanics, and his extensive research into the philosophy of physics shows is reflected in this debate. He complies an impressive argument based on sources such as the renowned physicist Joseph Fritzl. Pictures of corgis were used to further substantiate his already impressive argument. Con's argument responded to minor points and did not address the bulk of Pro's case. Furthermore, he violated conduct by pretending Pro was just joking. It's certainly insulting to treat a serious opponent as being facetious. Con admits that Pro's sources are better when he says "Great sources cited". Arguments, sources, and conduct Pro.
Vote Placed by ClassicRobert 3 years ago
ClassicRobert
Reasons for voting decision: Sources go to Pro due to Con's own admission "Great resources cited." Arguments also go to Pro because his arguments, while ultimately unsound, showed both intelligence and humor, which is what I look for in a troll debater. He also quite clearly put much more effort into his rounds than Con did. Great job MalumMeansAppleinLatin, I love corgis too.
Vote Placed by yay842 3 years ago
yay842
Reasons for voting decision: gg