thethief
pivot

The Jews were no less popular in Germany than they were in other European countries in 1939

pivot

thethief

Pro

I will not entertain or appreciate a racist debate. I will prove my point without using any German Sources. You will attempt to prove your point without separating the Jewish people from the Jewish religion.
pivot

Con

The 'pro' side of this debate seeks to limit the discussion to only include nations thought to be in his camp. Why is this when it is easy to prove that the government of the Soviet Union in the years leading up to and including 1939 was not anti-Jewish in and of itself? The answer to this question can be found in the 'pro' side stipulation that the Jewish people cannot be separated from the Jewish religion. Because that is exactly what the Soviets sought to do. Just like the Western European Christian nations, Soviet atheism wanted to separate the Jews from Judaism. Not until there is a separation can there be assimilation. The problem of assimilation of the Jewish people into Christian Europe is a paradigm where those who would have had assimilation only saw their efforts thwarted by an 'unseen hand'.
thethief

Pro

thethief forfeited this round.
pivot

Con

Excluding Russia and the Eastern Bloc Countries, one would be hard pressed to find a European country where the Jewish people were popular in 1939. The year 1939 did not exist in a vacuum. There had to be a reason for the unpopularity in 1939. All the Jewish people who believe in Judaism that I have met seem to me to be just normal people like everyone else. With one exception-

Most of my friends are Christians. People who believe in Judaism are not Christians. Other than that I can't really detect any difference.

Now in the U.S. where I live we have freedom of religion. That is an American heritage. It is like gun ownership. Rights that are unique to America. Oh sure, there are different religions in other countries and other countries have citizens who own guns. But in America it is our right.

In England they have what is called the Church of England. Originally the Church of England was a vital part of the Government of England. Like America has three branches of government, well England did also-
1) The King of England
2) The Church of England
3) The Parliament of England

Now way back when, if someone came to England and took the title of King that would be an attack against the Government of England. If someone set up a separate Parliament then that would be an attack against the Government of England. And if someone had a different religion or even a variation on religion then that also would be considered an attack against the legitimate Government of England. That is why the Pilgrims were kicked out of England. Through their religion they attacked the legitimate Government of England and the English government removed the threat.

Now how did the Jewish people find themselves in Western Europe?
1) They were invited guests.
2) They were trespassers.

Now it is well known that Jewish people themselves will submit to the authority of the governments of the world where ever they find themselves. It is also well known that Judaism will not submit to any other religion.

This was the situation in Western Europe. And in 1939 it came to a head.
thethief

Pro

thethief forfeited this round.
pivot

Con

The honor of all the European countries including Russia can be maintained in the year 1939. The Nazi party was a small minority of thugs who took advantage of a weakened nation. The treaty ending WWI was dishonorable. That was a different year.
Posted by NathanDuclos 2 years ago
NathanDuclos
Sorry, as I saw your other debate posted "I have major issues with Netanyahu and the current aggression against legit Palestine land. The abused become the assailants. If Big H had got the job done, I think it would be fair to argue that the world would be a better and safer place right now."

Are you arguing everyone hated the jews equally or everyone hated them and germany just more so?

Even if its true, whats your point? And by Big H had got the job done, what job? killing jews? I'm so lost as to what your saying. . . Can you clarify. . .
Posted by pivot 2 years ago
pivot
Once again, thanks for inviting me and the Vikings and Russia to your debate. Hopefully you will enjoy the new guests.
Posted by thethief 2 years ago
thethief
I think you would be more comfortable in a Same camp making reindeer stew with the handicapped and the females. They are as I mentioned not a well liked people, in fact a hated people that has the potential of uniting any nearby country, triggering a first step in creating an evil (united though) Nazi empire that will stand for a thousand years. I think you would fit right in. Once in a while (2-3 times a century?) the dictator might need to light a fire under the Same hate to keep the master people in line and seeing as they are quite often killed or lost in Circus acts they always need new people.

Russia would probably suit you as well. Remember to settle in the tiny wannabe European part. I think I speak for most of Europe saying that geographical coordinates never made anybody European. Turks are strange, exotic and disliked and certainly not European.

Nor are you any better than the Sames. Probably a land-same, they are the lowest cast, often used as bait by the sea-sames.
Posted by pivot 2 years ago
pivot
Actually, the Vikings were invited sorta like you inviting me. The three of us are staying-

me
The Vikings
Russia
Posted by pivot 2 years ago
pivot
We don't always get everything we want. You mentioned Russia 3 times to be exact. Russia is part of Europe. Stalin was a Russian dictator. The Vikings entered Russia and never left.
Posted by thethief 2 years ago
thethief
I have only mentioned the Russians once. As an example of how a genocide should be handled after the fact. There is no relation to 1939.

The Sames though, an insignificant unwanted and strange people have been mentioned quite a lot more and with potent relevance.

Thanks
Posted by pivot 2 years ago
pivot
We can bring Russia into this debate another way-

Through the Viking part of the Nazi-Viking army that you mention. The Vikings entered Russia around 800 A.D.

That makes at the very least 2 times you have brought Russia into this debate.

Thanks
Posted by pivot 2 years ago
pivot
Oh that is great. You say no to Russia for this debate then you bring in Stalin and Russia. I just got robbed by TheThief.
Posted by thethief 2 years ago
thethief
I can see that the trust in your own abilities are greater than the actual content in "I know stuff because I am old", as well as your manners.

The jews are not as important as you claim they are. The Versailles treaty, the build up of the military, the economic upturn, the talk about unifying all Germans, the cool swastikas, SA, etc etc etc all helped achieve such a unification. Yes, the jews were also used, but as most people agree in the comments below, everyone hated the jews (poosibly with the exception of the Swiss and the Same people of Scandinavia), so what's the big deal? Hitler did not unify Germany and build an evil nazi army by copying what everybody else was doing. There were no rise of a small Nazi-Viking army in the north because of the jews, nor in France (thank god). No, we hated them, but made no big deal of it...
Posted by IndianaFrank 2 years ago
IndianaFrank
I can see most of you are too young to know much about the facts of WW II... After Germany lost world war one, they lost control over lots of countries. The entire country felt they were being wronged by the Versailles Treaty.

Hitler's idea to claim power was to give everyone on Germany a common thing to hate. That was the only thing that would unify Germany. So he chose the Jews to do it with. Everything that was wrong in the country was blamed on the Jewish people. Relations with other countries, the economy and on and on. It really had little to do with the Jewish people, they were just handy. Try learning some history.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
thethiefpivotTied
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
thethiefpivotTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff