RavingBadger
oreo.star

The Joker is the Best Comic Book Villain Ever

RavingBadger

Pro

The Joker, one of the most recognisable and insane villains of the 20th Century, continues to thrive to this day. He is noted for killing Robin, crippling Batgirl, turning a well-respected Psychiatrist, Harleen Quinzel to insanity and psychologically torturing and physically pushing Batman, to his limits. Why does he do it? Simply...for fun.

There's no better villain in comic verse than this delusional psychopath. He has no powers, nothing that separates him from society, save wanting to murder everybody in Gotham City as a joke, but that's what makes him so perfect isn't it?

And the best thing is; he's scary. A self stylised Clown Prince. For somebody with coulrophobia, The Joker is their worst nightmare. He kills for no reason other than pleasure. A twisted sadomasochist, The Joker is a fan favourite. He has been portrayed by several actors countless times, which merely reflects how is he revered by comic-book fans.

A villain that has no true origin story, a mysterious figure able to torture the World's Greatest Detective. The Joker has survived over 50 years and still remains highly popular today. He is simply, the scariest, best villain that comics have ever seen.

Rounds:
1) Outline Character & Acceptance
2) Argument
3) Rebuttals
4) Conclusions
oreo.star

Con

made a mistake I agree. Vote Pro
RavingBadger

Pro

RavingBadger forfeited this round.
oreo.star

Con

oreo.star forfeited this round.
RavingBadger

Pro

RavingBadger forfeited this round.
oreo.star

Con

oreo.star forfeited this round.
RavingBadger

Pro

RavingBadger forfeited this round.
oreo.star

Con

oreo.star forfeited this round.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Rob Lucci is a pretty cool villain. The only category he might take a hit in, is him not being iconic.

I suggest adding definitions to the debate itself. First of all what areas of measurement will be used... more importantly a clear definition of villain; without such Batman would easily take this (his abuse of children, and mentally damaging people like the Joker to turn them into threats, so as to justify breaking every bone in their bodies).
Posted by RavingBadger 3 years ago
RavingBadger
No of course not. I am arguing purely for the Joker, however, if you can find more than one villain that is better, then argue for them both!
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
Rob Lucci
Posted by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
am i limited to one person?
Posted by RavingBadger 3 years ago
RavingBadger
He is the most effective villain and renowned as brilliant among fans and critics. He doesn't fault in his pursuits, striving to cause chaos and destruction wherever he goes, tell me, is there another villain that can match these qualities in The Joker? He is better than most villains on an intellectual and physical level.
Does this help?
Posted by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
define best and I will take it
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Whom?
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
I would take this debate, but the alternative comic book character candidate I have in mind is someone that most of you wouldn't know...
Posted by RavingBadger 3 years ago
RavingBadger
Ragnar, why not accept?
Everybody has to begin somewhere and upon discovering this site today, I think I would enjoy myself here. Accept or not, it is ultimately your decision, but I think it petty to not accept because I have not yet debated...
Lex Luthor would be a good argument and is, by the way, a good choice.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
If you'd had more debates, I'd accept. Probably argue Lex Luthor for ease of comparison... I actually really like the Joker, I just think he's massively over used.