64bithuman
Sunfire315

The Judeo/Christian god must be the one true god

Sunfire315

64bithuman

Con

The last debate I posted ended in forfeiture for my opponent so this time let's actually try and have a debate.

By accepting the debate you must agree to follow the format or else forfeit:

R1: Acceptance

R2: Arguments

R3-R5: Rebuttals

The argument is just as it says. According to evidences - the God of the bible must be the one true god. I'm against that notion (there is, probably, no god).

Thanks!
Sunfire315

Pro

64bithuman

Con

64bithuman forfeited this round.
Sunfire315

Pro

Sunfire315 forfeited this round.
64bithuman

Con

Again ironically my opponent has forfeited...
Sunfire315

Pro

Okay, I would like to have a rerun of this debate, provided that my opponent agrees to a slighty different BOP: Does the Christian-God exist? A burden of proof upon the opponent to show that they show their point MUST be true, is an absurdly heavy task.
64bithuman

Con

64bithuman forfeited this round.
Sunfire315

Pro

Well this was pointless
64bithuman

Con

I'll accept a re-run of the argument but I the BOP must be on Pro's side as that is simply the nature of the argument. We don't need to deal in absolutes - use words like "Probably, the Christian god exists".
Sunfire315

Pro

Posted by Stonehe4rt 9 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Lol blames opponent for forfeiting. Then forfeits twice... Well GG bros, I think that is the best we will get for an answer out of this debate, it's hard to prove one God above the other however I wil just say this. Christianity is the ONLY religion that is faith based and not deed based, there is no requirement for God, it is equal for all and loves all regardless. Zoroastrian one of the oldest religions is even deed based. However Christianity is the only one to not care. It even states: Your good deeds are like filthy rags. This is because nothing we can do could "bribe" God. Doing good deed to get on God's good side is selfish for our own sake. This is why you just follow the faith and the deeds come from that.
Posted by 64bithuman 10 months ago
64bithuman
Oops I rather ironically missed my deadline thanks to work. I've got my argument posted in my last debate if you want it.
Posted by Sunfire315 10 months ago
Sunfire315
What do you mean by "must"? As in My burden is to show that the judeo Christian God MUST exist? What if I show that it is more probably true than it is false that the Judeo Christian God exists?
Posted by CodingSource 10 months ago
CodingSource
I am in the brink of accepting this debate, but for me, 5 rounds is not enough to prove that God truly exists. We cannot debate about it through data, testimonies, etc. The debate would likely go through their experiences in this world and how they would link it with God to prove that He is real.

One way to know is through His creation. It is very perfect, very precise, and to waste time to debate out it is completely non-sense.
Posted by squonk 10 months ago
squonk
ViceRegent, WITH GOD, how do you know anything to be true or false? Answer the question.
Posted by TheShaun 10 months ago
TheShaun
This debate would be a waste of time. The existence or non-existence of a god is not provable. You can make convincing points, but you can never prove it to be a fact. Physics that apply to this reality are not applicable to a god since a god would exist outside this reality as well as in it and because a god would have existed before physics due to being the creator of them in the first place. Therefore, you can't prove a god or lack of one using this reality's physics. So unless you are powerful enough to exit this reality, you're wasting your time trying to prove it.
Posted by brontoraptor 10 months ago
brontoraptor
Nobody meets the reqirements looks like.
Posted by Sarasaz 10 months ago
Sarasaz
@64bithuman I don't match the requirements, but I will gladly accept the challenge if you would change them. I have to warn you that the usual attacks and rebuttals will be pointless. But since this is not a new topic I hope that you don't expect the traditional obsolete approach. However, if you're just looking for trashing on other's beliefs, without seeking to understand new perspectives, I am not for you.
Posted by ViceRegent 10 months ago
ViceRegent
Without God, how do you know anything to be true or false?
Posted by 64bithuman 10 months ago
64bithuman
The argument is whether the Christian god is the true god and my position is that there is no true god or any gods at all.
Vote Placed by U.n 9 months ago
U.n
64bithumanSunfire315Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeitfest.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 9 months ago
dsjpk5
64bithumanSunfire315Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff more than Pro, so conduct to Pro.