jrd761
frozen_eclipse

The Judicial Branch is not the most dangerous branch of the US Government

jrd761

Pro

There have been many ways the Supreme Court has been gone against on a decision they've made, therefore making the Supreme Court weaker and less dangerous than the other branches of government.

For example, in the ruling of Cherokee V. Georgia, the Supreme Court stated that Georgia couldn't enforce laws on Cherokee ground.. but Andrew Jackson and the Congress basically told the Supreme Court "Good luck in enforcing that!" by stating that the Court had no original jurisdiction.
frozen_eclipse

Con

I look forward to this debate and im interested how both of us will keep up with postings every three hours....lol

I will contend this resolution by proving it to be factual that the judicial branch is not the most dangerous branch of the government. The other two branches have the ability to match or overrule the judicial branch in power and or decisions and execution of other branch matters.

Structure of this debate will be as follows,

1-acceptance/(introductory statements)
2-positions
3-rebuttals
4-summary/rebuttals

I will post my contentions next round but will post a teaser for this first round for introduction and to tease the audience.(This is an experiment.) I say the legislative branch is equally matched to the judicial branch. The legislative branch at any time has the power to declare war. This branch could declare war with every single nation on every continent at one time and cause the people to die in the United States.....http://michaelbluejay.com...
Though the judicial branch may have a significant say so in the process of making laws, what are laws without enforcers? That's where the executive branch comes in it is the presidents duty to make sure laws are enforced in a jurisdiction federally. The president also signs laws in or rejects them to be enforced. The president could be our dictator and could decide on any crazy or harsh law into action he wants. Lastly as we know the judicial branch interprets the law and decides how we are to follow the law and what these laws mean. So they could mislead us to believe that Miranda rights means Police must beat up every person they arrest. All these branches are very powerful and has the potential to overrun the other branches. So then, what is it that prevents one branch of government from becoming more powerful than another? Why is the judicial branch not the most powerful branch of the government?Why is this resolution better represented by con? I will awnser these questions next round. Good luck to my first time opponent....{:

jrd761

Pro

jrd761 forfeited this round.
frozen_eclipse

Con

It seems we have confused this resolution.Because of this, this debate cant be judges fairly nor is it legitamite. So voters iask you to not vote on this....thanks
jrd761

Pro

jrd761 forfeited this round.
jrd761

Pro

jrd761 forfeited this round.
frozen_eclipse

Con

frozen_eclipse forfeited this round.
jrd761

Pro

jrd761 forfeited this round.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 5 years ago
frozen_eclipse
o.k it seems pro has taken a con posisiton while i con have seen to taken the pro posistion....it seems both of us messed up and got confused with this reloution....bummer....
Posted by frozen_eclipse 5 years ago
frozen_eclipse
holy crap i completly misunderstood the resolution. Well i guess this debate, if i can turn it around in my favor will be a test of my debate skills.....lol
Posted by jrd761 5 years ago
jrd761
Sorry, I completely screwed up writing this. I've fixed it..
Posted by CiRrK 5 years ago
CiRrK
vv my thoughts exactly
Posted by Cobo 5 years ago
Cobo
ummmmm.....What?