Kleptin
Sweatingjojo

The Kleptin Brand "Pick-Your-Own-Debate!"

Kleptin

Pro

This is a special debate in which the one who accepts the challenge will be the one suggesting the topics of debate.

There will be 5 rounds of this debate.

1A: This introductory post

1B: My opponent will suggest 3 topic of debate, of a wide variety of categories. The three topics of debate suggested cannot all be within the same topic of discussion, (ie. All three cannot be about Religion, All three cannot be about Politics), cannot include both sides of a particular argument, and must be broad enough for a layman to be able to adequately debate with limited research (ie. No extraordinarily complicated Physical theorems).

2A: I will respond with my choice of the three, or rule that the choice of the three subjects violates rules stipulated in 1A. If I make that ruling, 3 new topics of debate will be given as a comment and I shall respond with my choice of those 3.

2B: After choosing one topic, my opponent will then pick a position, either PRO or CON.

If my opponent picks PRO, he/she shall use the rest of 2B as his opening post, and FORFEIT 5B by submitting, as his or her response, the phrase "Thank you for this debate" repeatedly until the character limit is satisfied.

If my opponent picks CON, he/she shall choose a position and wait for my opening post in 3A.

The rest of the rounds will be devoted to a typical 3 round debate.
Sweatingjojo

Con

Greetings, I seems that you one of the best debaters on this here website, so I was certainly excited to find this in the challenge period. I hope these topics will be diverse enough for you, if there is an issue with these topics, communicate through the comment section on this debate, so we can hammer something out.

1. The proprotional representation system would be better for federal legislative elections in the United States, than the current system, the plurality single vote system.

2. Jerusalem should not be under exclusive control of Israel.

3. The Beatles is the greatest music group of the 20th century.

(bonus) 4. The Supreme Court Should have ruled in favor of DC in the case of DC v. Heller.
Kleptin

Pro

My choice is the one proposed by my opponent in the comments section:

"The Metal Gear series of games is the best series of videogames."

My opponent may now choose his or her position and act accordingly
Sweatingjojo

Con

RESOLVED: The Metal Gear of games is the best series of videogames."

I Affirm.
The brainchild of Hideo Kojima, the Metal Gear series of games are amazing in many different aspects. I'll be talking about the high quality of the games, the storyline, and other qualities which make Metal Gear series of games the best of all.

1. Quality of the games.

Every metal gear (solid) game has been of high quality themselves, utilizing to the maximum the resources that they had with available technology. Metal Gear (1) was an open ended stealth action game, which is quite a lot when you consider that it was made in 1987. It made intrusions into a military base seem fun for the first time.

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake was an equally impressive game, building a......

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SCREW IT.

Kleptin, I offer you the options of either begining a new debate about anything within reason with the 3 rounds we have remaining/ not respond and declare yourself victor.

Either one is okay with me.

I apologize for my ineptitude with regards to coming up with resolutions that are interesting and worth debating.
Kleptin

Pro

My opponent's argument was incomplete and I do not accept his resignation :P

Though the Metal Gear games were admittedly good for their era, I would argue that the best series of video games is not Metal Gear, but Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy had modest beginnings, but was a brilliant idea that eventually allowed it to spread its wings and branch out as one of the most stunning aspects of gaming to ever grace the several systems it was on.

Coming from a generation of dungeon crawlers and other fantasy-related games, Final Fantasy set a benchmark in its ingenuity, especially in the concepts of battle, random encounters, the world map, and plot. The franchise has expanded far from FF1 and is now allows for the freest, most diverse type of gameplay out there, while remaining true to its fantasy roots.

I shall add more later.
Sweatingjojo

Con

I do not accept my opponent's non-acceptance of my resignation from the original debate resolution.

I do not feel inclined to argue about video games at this time, and for that I apologize for teasing my opponent kleptin with such a tantalizing resolution.

Either way, Metal Gear is still better. I will provide this video as an example of one facet of the games which makes it a step above the rest, the in game randomness.

From Metal Gear Solid 2:

Metal Gear Solid 3:

I know their not all that great to the outsider, but whatever.

Just filling up some space.

okay by 10 seconds left.
Kleptin

Pro

Kleptin forfeited this round.
Sweatingjojo

Con

Yeah my opponent forfieted, but basically so did I before. Moving on.
Kleptin

Pro

Much apologies. I'd like to null the debate as I can no longer keep up with them

To share though, here's a video of FF13 gameplay
Sweatingjojo

Con

I think this debate was nullified along time ago, Kleptin.

Basically I'd like to ask that the folks reading this don't vote for anybody or they vote for my opponent. This was kinda stupid, and I'm sorry for wasting Kleptin's time. (This would be a perfect time for my proposed 'mutual debate cancellation' feature)
Posted by Robert_Santurri 8 years ago
Robert_Santurri
Logical-Master, you'd be forgetting Metal Gear Solid 4 with the new camo features. Muahaha

Snake has thermal, Sam has night vision.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
OKay, you bring up a good point about Sam Fisher, however, imagine this:

Let us say that the fight takes place in a pitch black run down apartment building. Sam Fisher would be able to use his stealth skills to his advantage and gracefully take Snake down before Snake was even able to realize it.

As for Master Chief, he could no-scope Snake with the beam rifle. :D
Posted by Sweatingjojo 8 years ago
Sweatingjojo
Sam Fisher cannot fight hand to hand nearly as well as solid snake. (Ever Play metal gear solid 3?) And as long as Master Chief isn't armed with that one crystalline double pointed pwnage device of which I cannot remember the name, Snake would be okay in the end.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
Hmm, I would have to say that in a fight Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell) would obliterate Snake. Then again, Master Chief (Halo) could do that too.

Oh and I would have continued this debate with Kleptin as the Final Fantasy games (for most part; FF9-FFXII) have been crap (personally, I thought the SNES games were by FAR superior).
Posted by Sweatingjojo 8 years ago
Sweatingjojo
I was certainly expecting Final Fantasy. I am now certainly reconsidering continuing the debate, even though I've never played an FF game in my life.
Posted by Kleptin 8 years ago
Kleptin
OH COME ON!!!

It was going so well Jojo! Finish it up here in the comments section :P
Posted by Sweatingjojo 8 years ago
Sweatingjojo
heh.
Posted by Robert_Santurri 8 years ago
Robert_Santurri
I loved the debate choice about The Beatles.

Interesting debate thus far.
Posted by Sweatingjojo 8 years ago
Sweatingjojo
G D it Kleptin. That was a retarded thing for me to write about.

Sorry for coming up with it in the first place though.
Posted by Sweatingjojo 8 years ago
Sweatingjojo
Well... I'll have it up eventually. Sorry for being a "time-limit debater."
Vote Placed by Kleptin 8 years ago
Kleptin
KleptinSweatingjojoTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 8 years ago
Tatarize
KleptinSweatingjojoTied
Vote Placed by DiablosChaosBroker 8 years ago
DiablosChaosBroker
KleptinSweatingjojoTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
KleptinSweatingjojoTied