Thegoodmormon
mark.marrocco

The LDS church is the only true church of god.

mark.marrocco

Thegoodmormon

Pro

I am here to argue that the LDS church is the only true church. I have been born and raised mormon, and believe in all it's values to the fullest extent! I feel that the Bible, and the Book of mormon are a good enough testiment to it's existence being true.

Atheists and other religions are all wrong because of Joesph Smith was real. Some people think he lied about seeing the Angels. Then why is it that other people saw these angels too in the Bible? Is it a mere coincidence that the prophets of the church say that they were visited by angels that guide them with their prophecies?

Everything in the Book of Mormon is true. Satain will try and leas some people to believe that there are other true churches. But in the end, god will punish him.
mark.marrocco

Con

Pro is appealing to nothing other than his own beliefs and assertions, without any evidence other than the Bible and Book of Mormon, which are both tremendously biased, faith-based sources and therefore cannot be used as objective, reliable sources in a rational discussion. Con argues Pro should provide evidence for such claims if they are to be seriously considered.
Thegoodmormon

Pro

Thegoodmormon forfeited this round.
mark.marrocco

Con

Con argues that no religion can be considered the "one true" religion in relation to any other, due to the fact that they are based on subjective beliefs and not objective fact.
Thegoodmormon

Pro

Thegoodmormon forfeited this round.
mark.marrocco

Con

Pro's entire argument was based on a general appeal to faith and biased evidence, so I rest my case. If pro wants to have a real debate where he sets up the debate properly and then presents some real evidence, I'd be happy to actually have a contest with him.
Posted by Wallstreetatheist 4 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
Let's just forget that part in Revelation where it says you'll be plagued if you add to the Bible.

Christianity + More Patently Absurd Ideas = Mormonism
Posted by TheHitchslap 4 years ago
TheHitchslap
Sir if I accept this debate, whom has the burden of proof?
Posted by bencbartlett 4 years ago
bencbartlett
I will accept this debate if you change the response period to something significantly longer than 5 minutes - say, 24 hours. It would seem as though you either did not see this option when creating the debate or are deliberately trying to win by default by hoping people would not read that option. Please change the rules and I will be happy to have a respectful debate with you.
Vote Placed by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
Thegoodmormonmark.marroccoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Lol I luaghed my butt off when I read the first post. "The LDS church is true because a fictional book says so, and is based off another fictional book where fictional characters say they saw angels just like joseph smith did!" Very convincing mate. I am glad I am not religous anymore. There were too many numb nutz like this guy involved in the church.
Vote Placed by Wallstreetatheist 4 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
Thegoodmormonmark.marroccoTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF and appeal to faith