hamiltrashyee
VDensovic

The LGBTQ+ Community Should be Excepted

hamiltrashyee has forfeited round #2.

hamiltrashyee

Pro

I am for the LGBTQ+ community, as a matter of fact, I'm a part of it, I feel that if it was the other way around and straight people were frowned upon, homophobic people would feel the same way we do.
VDensovic

Con

Before I begin my argument I'd like to acknowledge that you made a spelling mistake in the title of this debate. I believe the statement you meant to make was 'The LGBRQ+ Community Should be Accepted.'

We should not accept and encourage a practice that actively threatens the survival of our species.

That is to say that because our existence is dependant on reproduction, and reproduction is exclusively a heterosexual practice, homosexuality should not be glorified and normalized.

From human psychology and behavioural studies we can draw clear lines between homosexuality, mental illness and addiction. Mental illness and addiction are two things that we vigorously attempt to prevent and cure. However, homosexuality seems to be a anomaly for no logical reason at all.

Instead of encouraging and promoting homosexuality we should be investigating it's origin and working on ways to overcome it.

Therefore, I conclude that if mental illness and addiction are not socially accepted, homosexuality should not be either.
Posted by VDensovic 2 months ago
VDensovic
Sure.
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 2 months ago
Bitch_Goddess
Such a shame that Pro forfeited. I'd love to debate Con on this topic if he'd be willing to accept.
Posted by ShyreWolf 3 months ago
ShyreWolf
You mean *accepted?
Posted by SegBeg 3 months ago
SegBeg
The LGBT community already IS accepted mate. Sure there are still people who aren't, but they're a minority and have no power to change anything therefore you shouldn't worry about them. You're acting as if that majority of people are homophobic and are tyring to take away your rights when that celarly isn't the case.