voice_of_truth
jo_shan

The Law is not always right.

voice_of_truth

Pro

Letting my opponent argue first. Australian resident preferred as the laws in different countries can be very, well, different. Note: I am by no means telling people that we should just go around killing everyone just for fun because the law said that it is illegal to do so. I myself have never gotten one parking ticket in the 3 years I've got my driver's license. All I'm saying is that some law/s are unreasonable and should be changed.
jo_shan

Con

it sounds like you want no laws, and you like going around killing people. you're mean. stop doing this. #anarchy
voice_of_truth

Pro

Just because I think some of the laws are wrong and not acceptable moral-wise does not mean that I want to go around killing people. I am an officer in the military and if I did that I would automatically be fired and sent off to jail. If you having nothing better to say con I suggest that you forfeit this debate, no offense.
jo_shan

Con

sorry mang, misundrstood u
voice_of_truth

Pro

No worries. Please no one vote for this and make it a draw.
jo_shan

Con

rules are rules and rules are rules which rule over the ruler of rool.
Posted by jo_shan 3 years ago
jo_shan
no laws #anarchy
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Natural Law is a legal term for true human law, beyond what any nation imposes. It is how war criminals are tried.
Posted by Kaneo 3 years ago
Kaneo
How could anybody reasonably defend the con position? There were laws that enforced slavery and the killing of peaceful people.
Posted by jhs20381 3 years ago
jhs20381
Of course it's not always right, and sometimes to the point where civil disobedience is justified.

Wouldn't it be better to come up with more contentious debate proposals? For example: "When laws are unjust, civil disobedience is the correct response."
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
What a bold claim pro.
Posted by voice_of_truth 3 years ago
voice_of_truth
You're right arc times which was why I said Australian resident preferred.
Posted by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
Well, you won with what you already wrote. The laws of the world are different. Considering that some of them are opposite or contradicting each other, then there are laws that can be considered wrong.

You don't need to talk about relative morality because laws can be different in very short time and spaces evaluated.
Posted by voice_of_truth 3 years ago
voice_of_truth
Sorry but by natural law do you mean the law of nature? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm talking more along the lines of the Laws as in the ones set by the government.
Posted by AizenSousuke 3 years ago
AizenSousuke
I accept the challenge, but only if You let me define law as "natural law".
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
voice_of_truthjo_shanTied
Reasons for voting decision: No vote as requested