Arganger
Swarmie

The Leben

Swarmie has forfeited round #2.

Arganger

Pro

WELCOME TO THE LEBEN. For this group, to show yourself as a member, change your profile picture to the one I have.http://www.debate.org.........

Beliefs of this group are,

To uphold the right to life

Prolife

Anti Euthanasia

Anti Death Penalty

Besides these, members are encouraged to have any views what so ever, and to debate over even the core beliefs within the group to sharpen skills. Members are required to follow and uphold DDO's rules and terms of use.If one chooses to accept this debate, it will be over the usefulness of any groups on this site, and con will be against any groups existing on this site.

You can still join if you agree with at least three core values of four, but under that circumstance you need to challenge me to a debate on the area of disagreement.

Benefits to the Leben include I will accept any debate I am challenged to by members even if I disagree with the position, and I am willing to judge debates as I have voting privileges. Once we have at least four members we will start hosting tournaments and will hold elections to determine the leader.
Swarmie

Con

Thanks for giving me this opportunity to hone my argumentation skills.
Although I'm really interested in participating(this is my first debate) in it and looking forward to making my initial post, at first I'd like the starter's claims to be formulated and delineated a bit more clear. For now, I can identify 4 assumptions and I can understand clearly only the last 2: "Anti euthanasia" and "Anti death penalty". For both of them, I suggest I am expected to advocate euthanasia and death penalty. As for the first 2 statements("To uphold the right to life" and "Prolife"), I just can't get what they mean and what type of claims they are.
So for now I'm waiting for as clear claims as possible from the author of the thread.
Arganger

Pro

I will clarify the Leben's beliefs the best I can, We are against;

Abortion,
euthanasia,
death penalty,

And we encourage advocating against those, and for the value of life in general.

A question for you, your profile says you joined six months ago, so why are you just starting to be active now?
Posted by Arganger 3 months ago
Arganger
I believe in the equal protection of all life. In other words if we are protecting anyone from suicide, as we do constantly with suicidal teenagers, then everyone's life should be protected in that same way.
Posted by EnchantedPlatinum 3 months ago
EnchantedPlatinum
In arguing anti-euthanasia, you are not arguing for the right to life, you are arguing against the right to control one's life.