Themeaman909
smelisox

The Lego building block toy brand is for little kids.

Themeaman909

Con

First round is acceptance only, so don't give an argument! (or it is a forfeit).
smelisox

Pro

I aksept good ser
Themeaman909

Con

Legos are bricks that are for building small sets that the company designs, and sometimes with the consent of other brands. The bricks don't have to just be used in sets. Most kids will pull them apart and use the parts they like. (This is what I did). Although the box recommends about ages 4-10 years, a recommendation isn't always the best choice to go for. They can be ordered specifically from the company for usage in building projects. Also, many of the Lego mini figures can be customized and used in stop motion videos, displays, or even scaled down replicas of cities and buildings. Although a kid may not be able to build more than a little block with wheels, this only applies to them, and others with better abilities can build much more realistic portrayals. They can also have business abilities, such as having entire video games based of of the franchise. Many Lego games would intrigue the older side of the age limit (around 9-11 years of age). This proves they are not just meant for young grade schoolers. I am interested to see your argument next this round.
smelisox

Pro

It's not only a reccomendation, they are MARKETED towards children from four to ten years old.

Thus it's for children.
Themeaman909

Con

I don't think you understood what I was talking about in the second part of the argument. People can use them in very creative ways to help a business, build a model, or even make videos. Besides, if someone wanted to build an Empire State Building replica, than it would be better to order bricks directly from the company, and this in't marketed towards children. They also have been used in learning programs for schools. They have more potential than a kids toy.
smelisox

Pro

The stop motion videos are usually not very good and made by older children (there are exceptions, of course). Businesses and architects generally use a 3D program, which is more precise. Lego do not follow a very coherent scale and are not detailed enough to actually build something complicated (for example, for house, you can't build the foundations under it... A house made just from a lego blueprint would collapse).
Themeaman909

Con

The way I described them as being used for businesses, is how you sometimes see diagrams or tiny structures in store walls. And have you ever been to Lego land before? They have TONS of theses structures, life size, and scaled down all over the park. What some people would do is they will make dioramas with the green base plates, and they can pose the minifigures on the dioramas and make them hold and do all kinds of things. The fact that they are marketed towards children won't stop older people from buying or using them for several things. Sure someone can say Nerf blaster toys are for little kids, but many older people use them in organized "Nerf wars" on college campuses. These people beef up and paint them so they look and function better. They even buy specially made gear for the activity. WHY can't the other above reasons for Legos work for you if it works somewhat for Nerf toys. Try rebutting that! Vote for con.
smelisox

Pro

If you're so confident about winning, what was the point of this? "Try rebutting that"?

You clearly aren't interested in debating this. You either wanted to justify you playing with kiddy toys, or try and get an ego boost from thinking you're right.

Vote Nil.
Posted by Themeaman909 1 year ago
Themeaman909
Im" blocking you, since all you do is insult on this site.
Posted by hcps-perezsj 1 year ago
hcps-perezsj
No, I reported you for
1) Reffering to curse words
2) insulting me
3) Insulting con
4) Being a jerk about being proved wrong
Please don't continue sending insults or I will report you again.
P.S. You weren't saying the truth, you were saying your opinion.
Posted by smelisox 1 year ago
smelisox
Reported for saying the truth, that's a new one. Sorry you can't read properly.
Posted by hcps-perezsj 1 year ago
hcps-perezsj
Good job, now that you insulted two members, I just reported you. Watch your mouth next time
Posted by smelisox 1 year ago
smelisox
You'll notice Con gave up his argument to try and impose his beliefs on others, get an ego boost and insult me.

And I made only one "spelling mistake" in the acceptance round since I always do that.

Also, please learn to read despite your clearly inferior brain, since I clearly said to VOTE NIL. Last time I checked, my name was not Nilsson, so I clearly meant 0-0 as the debate was frankly sh-t.

Have a bad day, and go f'ck youself.
Posted by hcps-perezsj 1 year ago
hcps-perezsj
I can't vote because my account is messed up, by I can say this: pro simply gave up his argument for the previous rounds to insult a person he doesn't know to get voters. He had horrible arguments and spelling and everything else, yet still expects to get the votes form an insult. I would vote con if I could vote, but I sadly can't.
Posted by smelisox 1 year ago
smelisox
If you scan through my arguments you'll notice I said to vote Nil on both sides.
Posted by Themeaman909 1 year ago
Themeaman909
And where did I say I played with "kiddy toys"? Scan my arguments and you won't find that. You clearly made it up so you could get votes.
Posted by Themeaman909 1 year ago
Themeaman909
I would think you just are stereotyping everything. Not everything can be used for its intended purpose, so stereotyping is pretty dumb in my opinion. I think you don't realize other people have certain values, and IT WAS THIS that I was trying to prove/debate, not what stereotypes say about society and how it functions. Just saying this so you could understand the point of this debate...