backwardseden
FathimaManal

The Lord our God, the Lord is NOT one

FathimaManal has forfeited round #1.

backwardseden

Pro

PART 1

There’s after all no possible way that this god is “one”. That’s according to the printed text of the bible. That thus proves that the god of the bible, everything that this god stands for is false, deceitful, incorrect and wrong about god making the bible unsound and fraudulent. Indeed the bible speaks of polytheism NOT monotheism.
Now pay attention to the videos below as they prove there are many gods in the bible. Both videos are titled the same. But who really cares? Both have a huge impact on the subject matter being presented. Both are also irrefutable.

https://www.youtube.com... - God’s of the bible
https://www.youtube.com... - God’s of the Bible

Now here’s a few quotes from the videos and some verses from the bible (I am using three different translations the King James Version KJV, the English Standard Version ESV and the New International Version NIV because the ESV and the NIV are used by the videos as translations and the KJV is the most read. Regardless its pretty funny and tragic to see how many of the verses are completely off and have nothing to do with each other which is not a surprise and thus proves once again why the god of the bible would not use text as a form of communication, the worst form of communication.…)
Psalms 82:1 “(A Psalm of Asaph.) God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.” KJV
“God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:” ESV
God presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the “gods: NIV
All three versions use the term “gods”. Yes that’s PLURAL people. “Gods” More than one god.

Exodus 18:11 “Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them.” KJV
“Now I know that the Lord is greater than all gods, because in this affair they dealt arrogantly with the people.” ESV
“Now I know that the Lord is greater than all other gods, for he did this to those who had treated Israel arrogantly.”NIV
Again all three versions use the term “gods” meaning more than one god.

Genesis 1:26 “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.” KJV
“Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” NIV
Then God said, “Let us make man[a] in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” ESV
Footnotes Genesis 1:26 The Hebrew word for man (adam) is the generic term for mankind and becomes the proper name Adam
“Us” and “our are plural = many NOT one. If the words were singular then it would read “Let myself OR Let me make mankind in my image according to my likeness.

Genesis 3:22 “And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: KJV
Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—” ESV
And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us,knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”
Again, the word “us” is plural. Its not singular. So who exactly is this “us” So who are these "us" that popped up from nowhere?

Genesis 11:7 “Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.” KJV
“Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another's speech.” ESV
“Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.” NIV
Indeed "us" is plural. It is NOT singular. So once again who is this "us"? Oh and I get it, these "us" must lower themselves to "go down", and there confound their language? "us" lowering themselves to that of humans? That's odd.

No invented excuses and or flat out lies will be considered. Now watch video #1 at the 5:45 mark.

Indeed the bible clearly states that there are other gods.
Exodus 20:3 “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” no other gods? Why would god admit to other gods? Strange he did here and it discredits him.

The video missed this by one verse. Its not Matthew 16:15. Its Matthew 16:16. Regardless all English translations read the same.
Matthew 16:16 “And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
"It clearly states that jesus is the begotten son or the offspring of god. And god is the father of jesus. Period. So when you realize that there is a god the father and the offspring or the child or the son of god you realize that there are now two gods. jesus is a god whether he’s a demigod or whatever, regardless he is now a god like god himself. So we’re talking about 2 gods right there alone. That’s polytheism NOT monotheism."
------
PART II

Psalms 97:9 “For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.” KJV
“For you, Lord, are the Most High over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods.” NIV
“For you, O Lord, are most high over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods.” ESV

Exodus 15:11 “Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?” KJV
“Who is like you, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like you, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?” ESV
Who among the gods is like you, Lord? Who is like you— majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? NIV

1 Kings 8:23 “And he said, LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart: KJV
“Lord, the God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below—you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way.” NIV
“and said, “O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you, in heaven above or on earth beneath, keeping covenant and showing steadfast love to your servants who walk before you with all their heart;” ESV

Indeed those are some of the verses and interpretations by god showing his superiority to other gods… Now you in being a christian, are you going to walk away and say hmmmm “how do verses like these make sense if other gods do not really exist? The ancient authors are not comparing god to imaginary beings. In order for these exaltations to be logical and non blasphemes to ancient israelites, the gods which Yahweh is compared to must be real.
Then what was the purpose for the bible to mention them in the first place? And if they do exist, then its “gods” plural meaning many gods.

Exodus 12:12 “For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.”
“For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the Lord.” ESV
“On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord.” NIV
“This statement which comes from god’s own mouth makes no sense if the gods of Egypt were not real. It dishonors god to boast about passing judgement on imaginary beings.”

PART III
So your task in this irrefutable debate is to prove that your god according to the bible is monotheistic and NOT polytheistic and that Deuteronomy 6:4 “The Lord our God, the Lord is one.” is correct.

Rules for this de-vine and conquer detate:
If you decide to debate with me then it is an absolute requirement that you bring along with you some evidence that will be tagged along by your belt-side. Because if not and its some hoop-lah mumbo jumbo as is with most christian debaters, especially the teeny bopper ones, those still in high school with an obvious high school edumacation on something in which they clearly know nothing about, they think its funny to invent excuses and flat out lie, well it will become that time for me to become a piranha full of insults and rightly so and thus bite off your you know where areas with absolute glee.

Absolutely no creationists of any kind will be accepted. Why? Because they cannot stand behind their product when it comes to hard times. They after all most certainly don’t believe in their god at---all. Because if they did then they would put their god on trial again. So why haven’t these mighty creationists done as such? The answer is so simple. What? Do you think that they are stupid? No in fact they are smart. They will not put their god on trial again because they know that they will 100% lose. That’s because they cannot even prove that their god even exists. In fact nobody can. After all, all they have is faith to go on. And faith cannot be proved. So it is your better bet to not mention one single thing that has anything to do with any creationist as it will not be tolerated.
Posted by Throwback 3 months ago
Throwback
You have no understanding of the religion you hate, none, or of the use of the English language for that matter. The more you ramble, the more illiteracy you expose. Good luck finding someone to engage you. I hope you can find the debate opponent you're looking for, one to whom you don't lose arguments and feel the need to forfeit.