nura
Dark_Matter

The Mandela Effect

Dark_Matter has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

nura

Con

Hey there, fellow reader. I am willing to have an argument slash debate about the Mandela Effect. Recently I have been noticing the amount of people that actually believe in this bull, not really that surprising considering the fact that these are the same people who obsess over conspiracy theories. But anyhow, this whole Mandela Effect thing has been brought up and on the internet for so long that its starting to get on my nerves. The number of YouTube videos I have came across with that explains this metaphorical yet misinterpreted and nonsense theory is obnoxiously outstanding. Let me tell you the true definition of the Mandela Effect. The Mandela Effect refers to a phenomenon in which a large number of people share false memories of past events, referred to as confabulation in psychiatry. Some have speculated that the memories are caused by parallel universes spilling into our own, while others explain the phenomenon as a failure of collective memory. For instance, one of the most famous Mandela Effect encounters was the change in logos for some popular brands, such as the controversial change of the cartoon title of the Berenstein Bears to the Berenstain Bears. Personally, from my point of view, the logical explanation I have for the Mandela Effect and what it has to offer, is that its simply caused by the need of companies/brands/logos/tv shows, to renew and remodel their titles/brands which is nothing crazy or bizarre. I mean, just think about it like this. Since a lot of people have suspected the participation of time travel machines to get involved in this theory, then tell me this, if they did have access to go back to a time era, don't you think they'd have better things to do than just change brand names, like Fruit Loops to Froot Loops? For heavens sake, if they were smart enough to build a time machine I thought they'd at least be smart enough to find a cure for cancer. Just imagine this, grown ups go time travelling (risking their lives in the process due to how risky it could be) from the future just to go back so they could make a change about some weird cereal brand? If that's truly the case then I'll be damned.
I'm searching for a pro in the theory field that could enlighten me on this, considering how skeptical I am, I'd like to know some feedbacks and real actual proof. Please don't troll. Thank you.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
What makes what effect ?