Genius7
ViceRegent

The Media's Powers should be reduced in political decision

Genius7

Pro

I think the media is becoming to strong and it is now posing a threat to freedom of speech and political decision making. I know the media is there to protect the people and it is a symbol of freedom of speech, but I have noticed over the years that the media has grown to become a threat to free speech itself. This is due to the fact that nowadays political decisions cannot be done decisively without the fear of the media. If someone comes up with a very important idea to save the planet such as "the one child policy" the media is always quick to gather biased opponents against that person. The state somehow has become a puppet of the media. I have seen this especially in the trump campaign. The BET television network has labeled Trump racist without any reasonable grounds. And a lot of Americans believe this.
ViceRegent

Con

Right. How dare the media expose people to ideas this tyrant-wanabe likes? We need to start censoring any idea that dude does not like. His ideas are the best. There can be no doubt about that. Thus, anyone who disagrees with him must be censored and even jailed. There can be no room for descent when we have the worlds smartest man telling us what to do.

ROFL
Genius7

Pro

Genius7 forfeited this round.
ViceRegent

Con

I win. The best way to shut tyrants down is expose them.
Genius7

Pro

Genius7 forfeited this round.
Posted by Samcoder1 10 months ago
Samcoder1
I'd agree that politicians have far too close a relationship with the media, which means small political groups have no chance at all of reaching power, and also we are constantly bombarded by political propaganda. I think the media should be completely unbiased, and has no right to jump inside politicians' pockets. Likewise the media has no right to unjustly slander people, like Trump, just because they don't share his opinions.

As for ViceRegent, the DDO clown, he can't provide a serious rational argument to save his life. Ignore his sarcasm, he is clearly compensating for his inability to conjure reasoned argument.