The Migrant Crisis: Should Europe let the migrants in?

I started this argument with someone else but they did not respond to my argument so i will paste it here.

1. Increase in workforce. Europe is not self sustaining without foreign intervention.

Europe as most people know is suffering from extremely low fertility. Birth rates in europe are not at the recommended 2.1 children per women. All european countries are currently under that recommended amount.[1] This means that only accounting for natural birth rate, Europe is on a downwards slope in native population growth which is causing a gap in the average age with there being more elderly people than young people to fill their shoes which will cause economic problems in the future.[2] Around 36% are between 25 and 35 years old injecting a massive amount of young people into the European workforce.[3] Estimates show that foreign workers have accounted for up to 70% of the workforce in europe alone.[4] Without this kind of mass migration Europe would most likely start to have a massive economic crises on their hands with the baby boomers finally retiring and leaving a gap that cannot be filled naturally.

2. Increase in GDP

With an increase in population comes an increase in productivity and net output. A slow accumulative amount of migrants can increase GDP by as much as 2%.[4] This does not sound like a lot but for europe this is a large amount to come in annually adding as much as 2% to a slowly self recovering economy currently hovering around a 1.4% annual GDP growth.[5] Because of this increase in GDP it's also an increase in national output allowing countries to compete in a global market more efficiently.

For these 2 reasons I think the migrants should not only be accepted, but encouraged to migrate to Europe.

Sources: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Are you kidding?!?!?!?! More GDP. I would rather have my family safe than have my country blown up!! Are you forgeting about Paris? Europe freely lets in migrants each year and look what happened.I pray we get a Conservative president so that we don't bring these people in.

I was hoping to get an opponent who would be less rhetorical and actual refute my points but looks like I got you.

First, the attack in paris was orchestrated by a local living in BELGIUM[1]. And only one of the attackers had a syrian passport (which was most likely placed there to create hate because he blew himself up and somehow the passport was magically perfectly intact)[2].

I will now add unto my past argument and explain to you basic demographics.

Crude birth and death rate equation

Using this we can for example calculate the birth rate of madagascar:

When you use this equation with the EU and aggregate the results and come up with the mean average you get about 1.55 birth per two people in europe which is not self sustaining. The recommened birthrate to stay stagnant is 2.1 births per two people making europe one of the largest declining populations only accounting for natural birth rate. [4]

Further information using a population pyramid shows that europe has a large gap in age which will cause an economic crises unless it is filled with migration

As you can see here it contracts in the lower ages witht there being a very low amount of young people currently and along with the 1.55 births for every 2 people i perviously showed this is only to get worse. And this graph is even accounting for migrants and foreigners not justnatural birth rate.

The effects of this gap will cause a catastrophic economic crises with more people retiring than entering the work force. This will cause a painful transition periode as EU GDP will drop significantly within a few years of the adjustment period. This is a terrible thing to happen and even with migrants looking at the population pyramid it will take a miracle just for europe to maintain it's economic status.

Crime Rate:

Property crime:Property crime is a category of crime that includes, among other crimes,burglary,larceny,theft, motor vehicletheft,arson,shoplifting, andvandalism. Property crime involves the taking of property, and does not involve force or threat of force against a victim.

Contrary to popular belief, There is no direct correlation between an increase in immigration and crime property crime rate. Of course crime rate goes up as the population goes up but again there is no clear link between increase immigration and property crime

Note: there is no direct correlation between decrease in property crime and migrants.

And what about violent crimes such as rape and murder? Again, there is no evidence for a direct correlation.[5][6]

"So why did rape go up (insert high number here) % in sweden since the migrants started coming in?

people are still uncertain. People would like to blame it on the migrants but sweden is the only country experiencing such a magnitude of increases in rape which leads me and others to suspicion. Germany has been taking in just under a million migrants[7]
while sweden has taken in significantly less but yet had a massive increase in rape.[8] Germany is ranked 43rd on rape amount while sweden is ranked 6th.[9] You would think rape would go up significantly more in germany but it did not even with the increased migration. This is all i will touch on this subject.

I shall await your rebuttal.

Sources: [1] [2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9]

TheChamp forfeited this round.

Can i please get a legitemate opponent next time?

TheChamp forfeited this round.
Posted by DavidMGold 2 months ago
Like the violent teachings of Terrorist Islam, this is yet another issue where you're grossly uninformed and I'll take you up on the issue to put to rest these atrocious positions.
Vote Placed by Cooldudebro 7 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: F/F