TheDeAndreOglesby
Furiousjay48

The Million Student March

TheDeAndreOglesby

Con

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I'm DeAndre Oglesby. And recently in the news, the "Million Student March" as people are calling it is a raging topic. Honestly, I think the whole thing is ridiculous. Do these college students seriously believe that the government will just disregard the 1.3 trillion dollars in debt they owe? Do they seriously believe that the government will just simply raise the minimum wage to $15 dollars? Do they seriously believe that they're just going to make college free?! To me, it sounds like these college students are saying: "I can't afford college so I want you to take care of me!" They need to learn that they're just not going to get whatever they want in life without working for it.
Furiousjay48

Pro

Hello opponent I would like to say that the rally march for collage is actually a good idea and does mean something very important. College costs a ridiculous amount and many times people are geniuses but don't have the money to afford college. Now having a march is a bit silly but in the case of this it was a bit called for.
Now about the government just passing this out of the way, that's a bunch of bull. The government is probably going to try to see if they can do anything because the U.S is near the point of revolt.
TheDeAndreOglesby

Con

I'm not going to lie; free college sounds like an awesome idea. Fifteen dollars minimum wage sounds like an awesome. The governments just disregarding the 1.3 trillion dollars of debt sounds like an awesome idea. However, these ideas sound good only at first glance. When you really start to dig deep and analyze the idea, it wouldn't really work out that well (Almost like communism). For starters, in order for college to be free, the American people will have to pay for it. You might be thinking, "Oh the 1% can pay for it. They have a crap ton of money!" Although it's true that the one percent do have a lot of money; the thing is, they just don't have a lot of it lying around. Most people picture people like Donald Trump and Bill Gates swimming in pools of gold, eating diamonds, and whipping their asses with 100 dollar bills. But in reality, they often invest their money into projects and businesses (Businesses that provide jobs). And even if they did have all this money lying around, what makes you think they're willing to pay for these kids to go to college? Often, college students chose to get degrees that will get them nowhere life. Useless degrees that won't guarantee them jobs. Degrees like "gender studies." In addition, some college students just goof off, and just party all throughout college. So why are the American people going to just willingly pay for students to go to college, just to get some degree that might not even guarantee them a job? Why are the American people going to help pay for students to go to college so they can party and goof off.
Furiousjay48

Pro

Ok, so maybe some people will take advantage of free college but what about the majority of the people that work hard at college and while the system may not be foolproof but will probably get some type of improvement or system to make sure it's not all parties like a tardy system or homework report that if you don't have a majority of homework in (unless ill) the government will kick you out or something like that.

Now about the government disregarding the money the people of the state can and probably will try to invent a way to get the money out. And I will say one thing, really you think I believe Donald Trump will do anything good? How stupid do you take me for.
TheDeAndreOglesby

Con

TheDeAndreOglesby forfeited this round.
Furiousjay48

Pro

Well than I guess since my opponent forfeited the round I win.
TheDeAndreOglesby

Con

TheDeAndreOglesby forfeited this round.
Furiousjay48

Pro

Furiousjay48 forfeited this round.
TheDeAndreOglesby

Con

TheDeAndreOglesby forfeited this round.
Furiousjay48

Pro

Furiousjay48 forfeited this round.
Posted by TheDeAndreOglesby 1 year ago
TheDeAndreOglesby
@Hunts I'm saying it wouldn't be a good idea for the government to support free college education.
Posted by Hunts 1 year ago
Hunts
Are you saying the government won't do it, or are you saying it would be a bad idea for the government to support the wage raise, and free education?