cooldude15author
Raymond123

The Minimum Wage should be Raised

Started: 2/7/2013 Category: Economics

cooldude15author

Con

Many people in the US are thinking over this new bill. Which has already been passed in a couple different states. The basic overview of it is that; the minimum waige should be raised to $9.00. Now this may seem like a great idea, but can you imagine what this would do to our teens, and pre-teens? It is very apparent that if you raise the pay of an employee, than his/her boss will want the employee to work harder. So if you raise minimum waige, you will decrease the ammount of teens working in the economy. Therefore destroying the teenage dream of simply earning some extra money. This would ruin the chances for over 20 million kids to find work.
Raymond123

Pro

9 for minimum wage would not decrease the amount of teens working. If you have more pay, then you will have a better reason to work. Work more, get more. Pre-teens should not even be working. The teenage dream of simply earning some extra money will be destroyed? Not really.
cooldude15author

Con

The problem in my opponents judgment is this:
No employer wants to pay a young inexperienced kid the same ammount of money as someone older in the workplace.
Not only would the employer not want to do this, but even if it did occur: All of the other more experienced workers would be offended. So if you raise the minimum waige, you decrease the chances of a teenager getting a job.
Raymond123

Pro

Raymond123 forfeited this round.
cooldude15author

Con

My opponent, seems to have quit in this debate.
Please vote for me, I feel like I have made a substantial arguement.
Raymond123

Pro

Raymond123 forfeited this round.
Research this debate: United States