HellKat
Hreha827

The Mist was the worst movie adaptation of a Stephen King book ever.

Started: 4/29/2008 Category: Arts

HellKat

Pro

The Mist: a book by Stephen King

Worst adaptation...: of all the bad Stephen King book movie adaptations, this was the worst.

Ok, first off the entire plot was chewed up, swallowed, thrown up, eaten again and then crapped out. In the beginning of the movie they skipped an entire chapters worth of information, the acting was mediocre at best (they spoke too fast), the part about Sally and that army guy was just weird, they didn't include the romantic endeavors of Dave and the... girl whose name I can't recall, his rude neighbour wasn't black, and the crazy religious lady wasn't preaching Islamic, and finally the ending made me want to puke. Suffice it to say, this was the worst book to film adaptation of any Stepehn King book ever.
(I'm not even that critical of movies, adapted from books or not, but this was just horrid, the only thing horrific about it was how bad it was)

I await a rebuttal. Thank-you and good luck to whomever you are.

Sincerely, Kat
Hreha827

Con

The Mist to me wasn't has bad as everyone had put it but after seeing the movie I thought the writer pointed out there points of the story with all the twist and turns. I thought some of the actor were not the greatest but you really can only put some much in a movie without it getting dragged on over time. The movie got to the point and to the shocking ending. I'm not a huge fan of Stephen King at all but this movie was a pretty wild and creative movie.
HellKat

Pro

Well, to my opponent, you sort of failed to provide a worse Stephen King adaptation, which was what I was looking for. Maybe that's my fault, I geuss I wasn't clear.
Hreha827

Con

O I'm sorry but I still have a remark to that as well. The mist was a creative movie in my mind but it is no where near Stephen Kings worst. One of Stephen Kings worst would have to be Carrie to me that movie just drags on and on and is really boring. The mist is at least interesting to watch. Carrie just drag on about this girl and has big emo problems. I know that Carrie was filmed in 1976 so it does not have the best high tec stuff but it not just that, I just don't like the story. The Mist is a story that keep everyone wanting to watch or vread more.
HellKat

Pro

"One of Stephen Kings worst would have to be Carrie to me that movie just drags on and on and is really boring."
Did you read the book or just watch the movie?

"The mist is at least interesting to watch. Carrie just drag on about this girl and has big emo problems."

Ok, I'm sorry, but that statement was just a little bit ignorant in my opinion. First of all she did not have emo problems, she was emotionally unstable. Here's why: she lived in a house with her very religious mother who thought she was the devils child because of the powers she had and so she emotionally and I'm pretty sure physically abused her, you'd have some "emo problems" too. Her mother never told her about any of the things girls go through during puberty so when she had her first period she saw blood and thought she was dying.

"I know that Carrie was filmed in 1976 so it does not have the best high tec stuff but it not just that, I just don't like the story. The Mist is a story that keep everyone wanting to watch or vread more."

Read more, yes. Watch more, no.

As far as I'm concerned, the director didn't capture the story at all. In the book you think there could be more, with the movie it was over quick and ugly with nothing to leave you guessing.

A movie isn't about how high tech you can make it, it's about the story. Carrie had a feeling behind it, it was really about somebody being picked on, being an outcast just for being a little different. She got to the point where she couldn't take it anymore (during the prom scene) and didn't trust anybody, she wanted them all to pay, even the people who actually cared about her. In the end it was about how much the things she had to go through in life affected her to the point where it ruined her life and ruined the lives of the people who made fun of her and even the people who cared. Even when they redid it the story didn't change, it's not about how good it looks, but whether you get it or not, and quite obviously you didn't, or maybe you just don't like those kinds of movies.
Hreha827

Con

First of all if you say that the girl in the carrie book was emotional unstable and not emo, Emo pretty much mean emotional unstable. Even in the Carrie book it still does everything i've said, it just like the movie it drag on and on. The mist was a good book and it was also a good movie. The thing I like about the The mist is that in the movie it capture the realness of what really happen to these people in this small town, just like the book.
Posted by HellKat 9 years ago
HellKat
I realized a little while ago that the woman wasn't actually preaching directly from the Qu'ran, it was old testament. Sorry, my mistake.
Posted by HellKat 9 years ago
HellKat
Well I took emo as wearing stripes and long choppy hair and black clothing/nails and complaining about how bad your life is modern day emo.
Vote Placed by ecstatica 8 years ago
ecstatica
HellKatHreha827Tied
Vote Placed by ghegeman 9 years ago
ghegeman
HellKatHreha827Tied
Vote Placed by meganlg43 9 years ago
meganlg43
HellKatHreha827Tied
Vote Placed by Hreha827 9 years ago
Hreha827
HellKatHreha827Tied
Vote Placed by attrition 9 years ago
attrition
HellKatHreha827Tied
Vote Placed by Spiral 9 years ago
Spiral
HellKatHreha827Tied
Vote Placed by beem0r 9 years ago
beem0r
HellKatHreha827Tied