NikkiChak
stackerz21

The Mortal Instruments or The Divergent Trilogy

NikkiChak

NikkiChak

Pro

I think the Mortal Instruments is better. Fellow Shadowhunters or Divergent please come and argue.
stackerz21

Con

I disagree because Divergent is more better. I've read both. But base on my opinion. Divergent can help us in our society. It can teach us to be civilized people. Not like Mortal Instruments its all about MAGIC and stuff. We cant learn
NikkiChak

Pro

The Mortal Instruments is better because it is teaching us that good trumps evil. Divergent is telling us to rebel against society. Don't get me wrong, I loved both but the Mortal Instruments had a happy ending and Divergent didn't have the best ending.
stackerz21

Con

There is a big difference between both.. MI is a fantasy THERE WILL BE NO SUCH LIKE CREATURES THAT THERE IN THE BOOK. While Divergent... It can happen to us in the near future
NikkiChak

Pro

You really expect people to have a gene that makes them immune to simulations? If something like Divergent ever happened, it would not be in the near future, it would be after some major event that tore Earth apart a very long time from now. MI is a fantasy, that is true, but what I'm arguing is not which one is more realistic, it's which book series is better. *MAJOR SPOILER HERE* The main characters in MI don't die and they live "happily ever after" which leaves the reader satisfied. In the Divergent trilogy, Tris died and Tobias fell in love with Christina which angered most readers including me.
stackerz21

Con

That's why Divergent is more unique. In other stories. They are all the same it is always been predicted that "Happili Ever Aefter". In Divergent it is really unexpected a "sudden twist" in the story
NikkiChak

Pro

Divergent angers the reader and everyone reacted like this: http://flavorwire.com...
MI has us satisfied as I repeat once again.
There is a sudden twist in Divergent but it 'kills' the reader in you. You get upset with the author and the book. You wonder why on Earth Veronica Roth would kill Tris but she did. MI has a satisfying ending.
MI is action, adventure, romance, thrill and suspense. Divergent has action, a touch of romance, and suspense.
stackerz21

Con

stackerz21 forfeited this round.
NikkiChak

Pro

NikkiChak forfeited this round.
stackerz21

Con

stackerz21 forfeited this round.
Posted by Preston 3 years ago
Preston
Con unfortunately you succumb to your opponent on your first issue through omission, as well as contradicting your self, you shouldn't say this is unrealistic when supporting a fictional book...
Posted by Jelera 3 years ago
Jelera
Neither. Both series sucked in my opinion but than I like my happy endings and the Divergent series definitely didn't have that now did it. As for the Mortal Instruments, I made it to book four and got bored and boredom is never a good thing when reading.
Posted by NikkiChak 3 years ago
NikkiChak
Jacobie1121, yes it is
Posted by jacobie1121 3 years ago
jacobie1121
I have read the first divergent series and the first 3 Shadow Hunters books. Is that enough?
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Good luck on your first debate.
Posted by JasperFrancisShickadance 3 years ago
JasperFrancisShickadance
I love the Divergent series but I've never read the Mortal Instruments. But otherwise I'd debate...
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
NikkiChakstackerz21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro appeals to popularity, whilst Con makes bare assertions -- neither argument is convincing. Conduct to Pro for Con forfeiting first.