Aerogant
Mister_Man

The Most Accurate Way To Tell If Someone Is 100% Ignorant Without Saying A Word

Mister_Man

Aerogant

Pro

They do not live in this reality; they live in their reality. They expect the best for themselves and their clique; they expect the worst for everything else. They do not solve issues that do not relate to their experience - most of the time, issues are not solved at all, or very reluctantly by having no choice, or by force of another. They are distracted by everything except life. They live in the past; plan for the future, with no regards for the present. They never learned how to not say anything when they do not have an answer to a question or circumstance; they say things, just to say something. They use quantity over quality. They use their heart over their brain. They are hypocritical and delusional. They do not want to be criticized, while on the other hand, they criticize others. They do not argue; they grief. They choose dwelling over discipline. They do not construct; they deconstruct. Their entire life is personal, not practical. They say they live life to the fullest, without understanding the notion that there is no such thing as "fullest" in a Universe beyond human comprehension - that such statements of absolution are solely a medium for compensation towards depravity of psychical security. They have little to no experience / knowledge, yet insist they are right over those with mountains of experience / knowledge. They hold on; they do not let go. (It can differ from distinguishing where there weakness is, as some individuals hold onto A, but not Z; others hold onto Z, but not A. Albeit the purpose of doing so is verily accurate in both cases.) They do not reason; they rationalize. They interact with this Universe as to treat themselves or to turn it into a toy. They are pharisaic; they are not sympathetic. They live through other people's experiences and stories. (This is ironic considering how personal they are; however there is a difference between living in definition and living in desire.) They choose money over mind; life over luxury. They rather do things that last temporarily than to do things that last a life time. When they fail, they dwell. When they win, they rub it in. They do not reason; they react. They do not enter a discussion to debate ideas; they enter to express their disgust - they do not use evidence; they use emotion. They do not appeal to facts; they appeal to their feelings. They do not see with their brain; they see with their eyes. They do not have self-humility, self-recognition and self-discipline. They never change. They never become. They never let go. They never accept. They never think. They never cared. The only thing that matters to one whose life is shaped around envy and stupidity, is anything that distracts themselves from all of which advocated such.
Mister_Man

Con

Why not. I'm willing to reason with, dispute, or explain why I believe what you're against, and how it isn't ignorant.

-

They do not live in this reality; they live in their reality. -- I live in this reality. I understand my actions have reactions, and I understand they affect other people. However, my actions will influence my personal happiness and mental growth. I don't want to lead an unhappy existence in order to ensure other people's happiness. That does not make me ignorant, it means I care about myself.

They expect the best for themselves and their clique; they expect the worst for everything else. -- I do not expect the worst for everything else. I expect the best for me, primarily, because I am the most important person in my life, always. I expect the best for my clique because they are the closest people directly related to me, and seeing their happiness in turn makes me happy, and like I said, my happiness is important because I am the most important person in my life. If everyone can make themselves happy, without sacrificing the well being of others, the world would be a better place. Me wishing the best for myself does not mean I wish the worst for everyone else.

They do not solve issues that do not relate to their experience - most of the time, issues are not solved at all, or very reluctantly by having no choice, or by force of another. -- If I can see that I have made somebody else happy, I will be happy. By solving an issue, I make myself happy, whether I see it or not, I know I have solved it. However, donating money overseas, for example, I will not do so because I don't know for a fact that it is helping anyone, and in most cases, it goes to rebel leaders who do not distribute the money equally. I also don't gain any satisfaction from it, and it doesn't make me happy to possibly throw money away.

They are distracted by everything except life. -- I'm not too sure what you're saying. I pay attention to everything, and do what I can to ensure I'm happy with life, and once I know I am, I make sure other people are too.

They live in the past; plan for the future, with no regards for the present. -- I take from my past experiences to plan for the future. I do live in the present, but not only the present.

They never learned how to not say anything when they do not have an answer to a question or circumstance; they say things, just to say something. -- Speaking your mind can be helpful in the sense that it continues the conversation or debate. Even if I have nothing to contribute directly to the topic at hand, I will say something to spark more of a discussion.

They use quantity over quality. -- Sometimes more IS better. To use one over the other is ridiculous, to have a happy balance is just right.

They use their heart over their brain. -- To ensure you are happy, you have to do so sometimes. Of course in most situations it is better to think logically than emotionally, but emotions are what keeps us stable. If I don't do what my heart wants, I could be very hurt, mentally.

They are hypocritical and delusional. -- I would agree.

They do not want to be criticized, while on the other hand, they criticize others. -- This is the same as being hypocritical. However, nobody wants to be criticized, hearing something bad about you is never a "happy" feeling. But, it can sometimes be necessary to ensure someone is happier down the road. "You should really work out." - Saying that can be rude or taken as an insult, but down the road, the person works out, gets fit, and is even happier than before because they were criticized.

They do not argue; they grief. -- Sometimes being alone to think to yourself is necessary to ensure your own happiness.

They choose dwelling over discipline. -- It isn't good to dwell on something for too long, however, it can actually help with closure, if you continuously go over every scenario or idea you can about that topic, as it helps your subconscious cope with what's happening.

They do not construct; they deconstruct. -- To do this is ignorant, I agree.

Their entire life is personal, not practical. -- Like I said before, there is nothing wrong with making sure you are happy before most other things. It is of course important to be practical and logical and rational, but making things personal? If it benefits you and doesn't hurt anyone else, go for it.

They say they live life to the fullest, without understanding the notion that there is no such thing as "fullest" in a Universe beyond human comprehension - that such statements of absolution are solely a medium for compensation towards depravity of psychical security. -- The reason behind this saying is to ensure our own happiness. To live life to the "fullest" doesn't literally mean "the best possible life anyone or anything can have in the universe, it simply means to make the best of every situation. Whether it benefits you or more than just you, making the best of every situation is a pretty good thing.

They have little to no experience / knowledge, yet insist they are right over those with mountains of experience / knowledge. -- Credibility doesn't lie on how much experience or knowledge you have; it lies on how valid your points are. I could argue about law with a guy who has a PhD at Harvard, and it's possible for me to still come out on top. However, if you have no idea what you're talking about, you're wrong, and have nothing to back yourself up with, yet insist you're right, then I would agree, you are being ignorant.

They hold on; they do not let go. (It can differ from distinguishing where there weakness is, as some individuals hold onto A, but not Z; others hold onto Z, but not A. Albeit the purpose of doing so is verily accurate in both cases.) -- There is nothing wrong with holding onto thoughts or possessions, unless it hurts your conscience. If it helps you cope, and keeps you happy, then it's just fine.

They do not reason; they rationalize. -- To reason with someone means to come to a mutual understanding, something that may not portray your point properly. I would much rather make sure they understand my point and I understand theirs than both of us throwing our ideas out the window to reason with eachother, a kind of "last resort."

They interact with this Universe as to treat themselves or to turn it into a toy. -- Once again, making yourself happy is good. Taking advantage of other people or disregarding other humans feelings is not good though.

They are pharisaic; they are not sympathetic. -- Why do we all have to by sympathetic? To what degree do we determine how sympathetic someone should be and when they should just not be sympathetic? If a guy kills a dog because it was running to his son, and he gets punched by the dog's owner, do you feel sympathetic for the guy, or not, because the way he thinks is he has to protect his son from a possibly viscous animal, but at the same time, the dog could have just been running to greet them.

They live through other people's experiences and stories. (This is ironic considering how personal they are; however there is a difference between living in definition and living in desire.) -- To live through someone else's experiences is dumb. However; to take other people's experiences and incorporate them into your own life to better yourself is in no way a bad thing - it in fact helps you determine what kind of person you want to be, because you can base your actions based on how other people treat those kinds of actions.

They choose money over mind; life over luxury. -- A choice is a choice, it doesn't make someone ignorant. To chose money over mind can make some people very happy, and to chose life over luxury can make some people very happy. There aren't any rules saying money is more or less important than your knowledge of the world around you.

They rather do things that last temporarily than to do things that last a life time. -- Once again, it's a choice made by them, for them. Are you saying there's something wrong with doing many things to make yourself happy in the moment, a time period that you know you will be happy in instead of doing something that you may think at the time will make you happy forever?

*I thought you said they have no regard for the present, to do something that lasts temporarily instead of planning for the future basically contradicts your earlier argument.

When they fail, they dwell. -- Nothing wrong with contemplating why you failed and thinking about it as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

When they win, they rub it in. -- That is the point of winning, but once again, it shouldn't get out of hand.

They do not reason; they react. -- It is human tendency to react to a situation quickly without reasoning. Thinking about it afterwards is important though.

They do not enter a discussion to debate ideas; they enter to express their disgust - they do not use evidence; they use emotion. They do not appeal to facts; they appeal to their feelings. -- I agree, this is stupid.

They do not see with their brain; they see with their eyes. -- To base your actions based on what you see is sometimes more beneficial than defining everything going on.

They do not have self-humility, self-recognition and self-discipline. -- I agree, this is bad, however your earlier arguments said basically they only think about themselves, now you say if they don't think about themselves, they're also ignorant.

They never change. -- Sometimes change can be bad.

They never become. -- Sometimes being who you already are is what makes you happy.

They never let go. They never accept. -- You said this before I think, thinking to yourself is not horrible.

They never think. -- Not thinking is bad, you're right.

They never cared. -- Not caring about anything at all is bad.

The only thing that matters to one whose life is shaped around envy and stupidity, is anything that distracts themselves from all of which advocated such -- Sometimes we need a distraction.
Aerogant

Pro

1) What you feel is chemical.

Love is like biting into a piece of chocolate; sex is like rubbing the chocolate all over your body. It feels good during the experiences, however the experiences fades away as it lasts temporarily, and eventually life solely becomes sticky.

2) How are you the most important person in your life, when life defines you - when ideas come to you - when you turn to the Universe whence you become lost and confused and when your brain constructs you? Humans fill their lungs with air; and their life with arrogance.

3) In the entire history of mankind, happiness was the cherry on top; never was it the base, the foundation of all which we mount everything on. If your cosmic ship's bow is guided by happiness, expect to be capsized.

No man fought our wars with happiness and love, but with harshness and life. Those who are happy, are like opals - those who are happy without being sappy, are like diamonds. Happiness is imbalance - being content is balance. One cannot live life only with their heart - the other half of life is determined by how you properly tear yourself apart.

4) How are you happy with life, when your chemical reactions have nothing to do with life itself, but the small box you placed it in?

5) This is a fair statement.

6) The best way to speak is with your mind, while coloring your spoken word with your heart. Your mind is not "you", it's the Universe - to speak with your mind, while speaking about yourself, is an oxymoron.

7) One sun precedes all life - not a million, not a thousand, nor a billion stars. In the history of mankind, there's been a recurring pattern - the mass lead astray, and the one man that appears every few decades to lead them.

8) A diamond heart cannot break; an opal heart can. Feelings hurt, are young feelings; feelings hardened, are matured feelings, as every caterpillar can only become a butterfly by first living in a cocoon. One must not cater, to be free.

9) This is a fair statement.

10) Happiness is weakness, when it is without a frame. Human life consists of chemicals and bone (sense and structure). Life is not defined by happiness - life is confined by happiness. Sometimes we need to rest and enjoy ourselves - most of the time, however, we have a war ahead of us we must put to rest instead.

11) A heart that is toiled, is passionate - a heart that is spoiled, is poisonous. Placing a band-aid over a cut will only slow the healing process. Life requires us to allow our scars, our pain and our errors to stay on the surface, so the sun and life's energy on the surface can mend it, as to allow such things to sink into the core of this cosmic sea, is to allow one thing to kill everything.

12) There is a difference between dwelling with it and dealing with it.

13) This is a fair statement.

14) Everything was wrong about serving your chemicals, the moment you realize that we do not own this body and mind - we hone it through the governing laws of the Universe.

15) To be happy for yourself, is to live a sticky life. Life is like magnets - things snap, things unsnap. To settle, to commit, to hold on, is to let go of everything else.

16) There are no degrees for geniuses, as degrees are average-minded. That said, credibility is the captain of all that is credulous.

17) Life is about changing and breaking into new worlds and new experiences. Life is about living, not reliving. There is a difference between a cycle, and a ritual. We must live like chameleons of the stars, to live life the best way possible. Always changing; never defining an unfinished design; to live, think and experience the omni-Universe, where there is no such things as "sides", but roles and parts. Anybody that lives more than their shadow play are playing god, are foolish and are not living life - only a lie.

18) All reason is based on one reality; the Universe. Reason was not invented by Man - it was intertwined with Man. To not reason, is to take this reality for granted for air pockets in the sea that separate itself from the rest of the sea.

19) How is making yourself happy a good thing? Life is never about easiness and happiness. It's about becoming more than you were before. It's about leaving a trail of blazing flames, sending earthquakes through the ground and speaking with words that blow everything away. A moment that is reached by killing yourself thousands of times. You cannot be more than what you are, without killing your old self.

20) There are things in life we cannot control, nor do we have the connection to judge like a god that we never could be. When things occur beyond our power, it's better to always approach it with a confusion that is accepted as those we're dealing with and the situation itself cannot be reasoned with logic, but merely letting go of our emotion and hatred, so we can accept that some things we cannot control, prevent or change.

21) This is a fair statement. However, why call it your happiness, when this Universe defined you and influenced everything that is collectively "you"?

22) To choose material over matter, is to choose lie over life.

23) It's a choice based on logical fallacies. You can't live life happy, when you live it in fallacy.

24) Dwelling is not dealing.

25) There's no point in winning. This is a man-made construct designed for those that lie for their value and their esteem.

26) It's not a human tendency, as it's sub-human. Intelligent people fix issues; geniuses prevent them.

27) This is a fair statement.

28) No, eye-witness accounts is the blindest of blind.

29) Being self-conscious, is not the same as being self-centered.

30) Change can never be bad - it's only bad for us, because we are bad for not accepting it.

31) There's no "you", or "I". All things you is reaction, and defined by this Universe, or the brain which processes all the information which you merely can manage and experience as a collective consciousness. "I" is not an answer, but a question. When people ask me what I think of "Who am I", I say: "I am everything (the unfinished design) and nothing (being the unfinished design).

32) You are very fixated on yourself, not the Universe. This is a poison - not a virtue.

33) This is a fair statement.

34) This is a fair statement.

35) Never - to say such things would solely be defeat.
Mister_Man

Con

1) What you feel is chemical.

So now we know how we have feelings. Your point? Does that mean that our emotions are created by chemical reactions that anything we think or do has no meaning or reason?

2) How are you the most important person in your life, when life defines you...

I base how I act on my experiences and moral code. I have a completely different moral code than the one I was raised with. I am the most important person in my life because I can feel my own emotions. I can't feel others'. Stuff affects me directly, and I react because of it. Just because I base my thoughts on my environment doesn't mean the environment controlls me. Implying that the environment controlls me would mean I have no free will or only one way to do everything, and most people would act about the same.

3) In the entire history of mankind, happiness was the cherry on top...

Implying that the reason we do things is to BE happy, we don't do things and FIND happiness in them. I don't act in order to purely make myself happy, I act to benefit myself and others around me, and then I find happiness in what I've done. We have faught in wars for our freedom, something that will make us happy.

If you want to dig deep and explain why we have emotions, go ahead. But that doesn't stop me from being happy. Maybe I don't even know why I'm happy sometimes. But to say I can't be happy because the chemical reactions in my brain have only adapted to my environment is ridiculous. Happiness comes from accomplishment, for example, if I accomplish something, can I not be happy about it because I simply did it because I adapted to my environment and understood I should do that thing?

5) This is a fair statement

I like that. However, what "you" are isn't only your heart - it's what the environment has shaped you to be. It's how you adapted to your surroundings and use your experiences to act on your own. I see what you mean though, for example, to say "I believe abortion should be legal," is not necessarily myself thinking that, but more like, "the universe has shaped me to believe abortion should be legal." So I agree in a sense with that.

7) This is a fair statement.

8) This is a fair statement.

9) This is a fair statement.

10) Happiness is weakness, when it is without a frame...

We are bone and chemicals. Those chemicals give us emotions. One being happiness. It is only a weakness when you feel there is something more important - there isn't.

11) This is a fair statement.

I agree. I guess what I'm saying is I don't "dwell" on anything, however, I do believe it is natural to do so. If we didn't ever dwell on anything, and then one guy did, it would be considered unnatural. Dwelling, along with happiness, is an emotion. It can and probably will be detremental to your happiness or productivity, but it is natural.

13) This is a fair statement.

Like I said before, we base our ideas off how the universe has shaped us. We can do whatever we want, but we chose to act certain ways and think certain things and even sometimes feel certain feelings, and not all the time we do those things because of how we were raised by the universe.

15) To be happy for yourself, is to live a sticky life....

This is implying that to be happy, we need to forget about everything else. My grandmother had a stroke a while ago, and sure, I was upset, but I was able to look past that and see that she is still alive, that this is life, this is what happens, we stayed a family, and we stayed together and it brought a lot of my family together, which in turn made me happy.

16) This is a fair statement.

17) Life is about changing and breaking into new worlds and new experiences....

I agree to an extent, however, you can't say exactly why we are alive or what anything is about. It's a theory just like mine on that we strive on happiness. And to forget about the past, even if it makes us happy, simply because we can't relive it or just because it's done with, does not help anything. If remembering last week or last decade makes you happy, relive it.

18) This is a fair statement.

19) How is making yourself happy a good thing?...

Who said we need to become something else? Who said we need to build civilizations or be as technologically advanced as possible? Who said we need to have a family and get a mortgage and pay taxes? Happiness is what binds us with life. It even helps your argument, at the end of all that, building and mortgage and family, lies happiness.

20) This is a fair statement.

Key word is influenced. Yes, it played a big role in how I think, but I can still chose my own actions. I believe killing people is wrong, but that doesn't mean I can't pick up a rifle and shoot someone.

Sorry you'll have to define that more.

So if you have a poor reason to be happy, you can't be happy? I'm happy because my wireless mouse hasn't died yet. Some may say "what the hell is that, it won't die for a while, why celebrate?" But I'm still happy. Or maybe the weather is raining, most people would say "it's raining, what horrible weather." But I would say "the rain is good for the environment." To have a "bad" reason to be happy is basically impossible.

24) Dwelling is not dealing.

You're right, as I said earlier.

When you win, you're happy. Nothing else matters. You made yourself happy.

So are you saying not to react as humans should, but to push every natural human emotion and reaction out of the way to process what happened? Although I agree it is better to use logic and reason over emotion, emotion is a natural human thing and to push it away and replace it with reason is only hurting yourself.

27) This is a fair statement.

...Alright, this is fair.

Either way, making sure you're happy is important in life. If you are miserable, and you ignore other people to make yourself happy, good on you. Although you aren't helping anyone else, you're making the most important person in your life happy.

I agree completely. Take the change and make the best situation you can with it, especially if it's inevitable.

31) There's no "you", or "I". All things you is reaction...

I think we've really gone over this point several times.

I understand that the universe has helped shape me and my ideas, however, I know that it cannot control how I act. It can influence how I act, and I can even act the way the universe would apparently "want" me to, but that doesn't mean it is controlling me.

33) This is a fair statement.

34) This is a fair statement.

If life is crappy, sometimes we need to do something to make ourselves happy again. To "get away from reality." It makes us happy, we know what's going on, but we ignore everything bad that's happening to focus on our own mental health.

This has been a lot better discussion than I thought it would be, so thanks.

Aerogant

Pro

1) Some believe emotion is not from chemicals; some believe that emotion is from chemicals, so they disregard meaning; others believe that emotion being made from chemicals allows it all to be far more beautiful than anything else we could imagine.

2) If you cannot feel the emotions of another, then you're missing out in a whole new world where "self" is nothing compared to the "Universe". I can feel people's emotion on a level that scares me sometimes. As my father always told me, "well, you have always been more receptive than I have". Which is a huge compliment, because my father is far more receptive than anyone I came across in my own life. He climbed the ranks in the military, lead the higher ranks, and when he was working for child support, he would have all these amazing ways of finding folders throughout the building which cause many employees to be jealous of his talents. Everywhere he goes, he just oozes power. Such a shame that he's growing old and choosing to be submissive nowadays. He has the brain of the next great philosopher; I stand to live that for him, and I feel that is how he sees himself in me.

3) I fight no matter if it brings me pain or happiness. Both feel great - one teaches me to admire what I do have; the other teaches me what to do with what I do have.

4) I never said that. I'm the one that constantly talks about how Science is creating sociopaths because it is without emotion and heart. So to say such things would be purely misunderstanding. All I'm saying is that humans should do what lasts a life time - all things that last temporarily should not be guiding our cosmic ship.

6) This is a fair statement.

10) There will always be importance in a Universe that is reliving itself through our human experience through its information and laws. We are here to complete the Universe - we are here as itself to evolve and expand from its own natural ways.

12) Dwelling is quick sand - nothing more.

14) Being shaped by the Universe, means there is no "You".

15) No, this is implying that happiness makes a mess out of life, when you have no water involved. Happiness cannot shape - wisdom can. Wisdom brings happiness. Wisdom is always before happiness. Happiness is never before wisdom, or it is liable to individuality and personality.

17) As someone who broke down the human mind and the Universe to a degree that nobody can agree with or deny, let alone accept, as even I have cosmic beasts to wrestle every time I go down this deep into ontology, I can reasonably tell you that our experience is the Universe telling its story through us - while at the same time learning and evolving as it goes on.

19) I agree with the former, however your latter still doesn't seem to understand my intentions. I am not a materialist - I am a Universalist. I do not pick sides, or make something out of my life. I shape everything I do, say and think around the Universe, not my heart.

21) Of course, but ask yourself. What if happiness was at the end of the barrel in some case, but everything of your humanity was beyond the barrel?

22) People choose object over subject, when object is inanimate and subject is animate.

23) Being positive is not the same as being happy.

25) When you win - what do you gain? You learn everything from defeat.

26) No, this would be psychopathy. What I'm saying is that keep the syrup as a topping, not the base for everything in life, as life would quickly become sticky. It's good to have a sweetener, but let's not just open a bottle of syrup and pour it on everything.

29) I don't make sure I am happy, while I live a strong and content life. No wise man is happy - they understand why they are happy, which makes them happy in a sense, but in such a twisted way, that nobody may understand truly how deep a genius is at the end of the road.

32) All things "you" is illusion / distinction - all things "Universe is reality / reaction.

35) Making ourselves happy when life it terrible, is the reason why we have to deal with unhappiness: other people wanted happiness, in turn, creating an unfair and selfish world where happiness, on the top of the chain, will forever be the culprit behind our suffering. Thus saying that happiness is a double-agent; a drug; a dissension; a discriminator.
Mister_Man

Con

1) Some people believe God exists, and some do not. Does that mean we have to say one is correct, or what either believe is correct? No, it's a thought process of one person. To disregard what someone says or feels because we don't know the exact origin of why or how they feel that way is both unproductive and inhumane, as it doesn't allow us to truly interact with each other and feel how we naturally feel.

2) That's amazing to hear about your father, and I can "feel" the same emotions as you or him right now, but that isn't "having" the same emotions. There's a difference between feeling and having; feeling the same emotions would imply you currently have this emotion, which another person also has, you have your own, and they have their own, both very similar emotions, causing you to react about the same way. Having the same emotion would imply you share one single emotion with each other, something I believe to be impossible, as we cannot share the same brain, and no two people will react exactly the same way to anything.

3) This makes sense, however both your solutions seem to lead to happiness.

4) Temporary happiness keeps you going. You know what it feels to be happy. Acting in such a way to feel that happiness in the future can be hard, as you don't have little things to keep you going; motivated.

10) This is a fair statement.

12) Dwelling in the most negative way, not finding a solution eventually, to not try and make yourself happy, to only think about that one thing and feel horrible - yes, I agree with you, it is purely quick sand.

14) There's a difference between being shaped by the universe and incorporating the universe into your life.

15) Say it's 2000BC, you're out walking around the forest and find berries, and you need food to survive, a primal instinct, nothing to do with wisdom, and you eat them. They taste great, and you're happy. Your happiness has led to you knowing those berries taste good and are good for you, a form of wisdom. You learn that things make you happy, and remember those things in order to make yourself happy again.

17) I wouldn't say the Universe is telling it's story through us, more like guiding our story. We BASE our understandings off the Universe.

19) Well I can't disagree with how you chose to act; I will say however, I do, say and act with my heart, while being guided somewhat by the Universe.

21) I would be happy and feel my life is worthwhile and has been "completed."

22) Like I said earlier, people do what makes them happy. To relate to an inanimate object could be better than relating to an animate object, as the animate one may disagree with their thoughts or not relate properly, whereas the inanimate one can be formed and believed to be exactly what the person wants it to be.

23) But positivity almost all the time leads to happiness. May not be necessarily the same as happiness, but it sure can, and usually will, lead to it.

25) Happiness. To some, happiness is all you need. I agree though.

26) Alright, this is fair, I'm just saying to push natural human tendencies away is absurd. One may even say "logic" is a form of emotion, however.

29) Gandhi thrived on feelings and emotions and happiness. He spread joy and well-being. He may not have been a "genius," but he was a powerful man, and some would say that is truly all you need, that to be a "" would be to make a lot of people very happy and feel good about their existence. I agree with your statement, though.

32) I am a part of the universe; But I act as part of myself. The universe surrounds me and shows me the way but I chose to follow and I chose to act upon and I chose to go other directions.

35) This makes a lot of sense. However, if everyone could make themselves happy, they would not have to take from others or cause others to suffer, as they would already be happy and causing others' grief would be technically impossible, as they would also be happy.
Aerogant

Pro

Here's a summary to consider after this great discussion: "There are men filled with happiness - there are men filled with pain. When darkness consumes us, the men filled with happiness will suffer - the men filled with pain will conquer."
Mister_Man

Con

Is there a reason to conquer? Any reason other than happiness? The advancement of our civilization, you say? Well once again, why do we want to advance so much? To be happy. To fulfill our life goal - to be happy. We don't build skyscrapers or space stations because... well I don't even know, the only real reason I can think of is to 1. Advance civilization, 2. Generate revenue, and 3. Extend our lives into space. All of those can and will lead toward happiness.

I do like the quote you gave me, but to say the ones who are happy will be in pain, while the ones who conquer will be happy is just assuming that if you're already happy, you won't do anything productive for yourself or society to make you even happier or more people around you happy.
Aerogant

Pro

The only thing one can conquer, is themselves. If you conquer anything else, you have failed.

By conquer, that is to say for one to face their darkest and most twisted memories and projections of their subconscious once and for all. Everyone has an evil carnival inside them full of tricksters and monsters that role-play your distortion, as the surface of water becomes distorted when you throw vibrations through it.
Mister_Man

Con

You conquor yourself, whether be for good or for bad, but whatever the case is, your victory of conquoring yourself ends in happiness.

Thanks for the debate, I had no idea you would have had such good arguments after your opening statement. I got a lot out of this.

Cheers.
Posted by sadolite 2 years ago
sadolite
"Well, next time don't make a fool out of yourself. " You know, you are right, I apologize. After seeing how you voted and reading your detailed RFD, I can see how my comment was way of base.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
Well, next time don't make a fool out of yourself. I'm the one that lives for knowledge - you just use it. I will not tolerate people like you that take this Universe for granted because you prefer your cosmic mirage over the cosmic tapestry which made it possible in the first place.
Posted by sadolite 2 years ago
sadolite
"because people like you are colloquially illiterate." Fck off and die
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
Debates are discussions, just because you give it another name, doesn't make it so. It's like how the positively and negatively charged atoms are called ions, rather than atom+ or atom-, because people like you are colloquially illiterate.
Posted by sadolite 2 years ago
sadolite
"Sadolite treating discussions as if it all was some sort of game." Can you elaborate in more detail. Discussions are held in the forums. This was a debate. Apples and oranges.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
Sadolite treating discussions as if it all was some sort of game.

Stay classic primates - there's a reason why there's a handful geniuses that clean up the mess you 8,000,000,000 create.
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
Sadolite - The main thing I was trying to get accross was that even if one has some of the attributes as Pro stated, it does not make you an ignorant person.
Posted by sadolite 2 years ago
sadolite
I would vote but there is nothing to vote for. Neither pro nor con defined what was needed to win or lose. It was more of a philosophy debate between each other. None of it relating to the resolution. So rather than call it a tie it's not worthy of a vote.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
Cheers, mate. A pleasure.
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
To be clear, you're saying that being concerned with your own personal happiness and people's happiness that you can personally witness is ignorance because you won't "help" people that you cannot witness their satisfaction personally from?

I'm willing to debate this if this is what you mean.
Vote Placed by MasturDebatur 2 years ago
MasturDebatur
AerogantMister_ManTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con brought up better arguments and actually argued greatly against Pro. Also someone needs to do something about utog44.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
AerogantMister_ManTied
Reasons for voting decision: was there a debate??
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
AerogantMister_ManTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro has BOP to prove this is the most accurate method to fulfill resolution. Pro never proved this, merely listed parts of the method.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
AerogantMister_ManTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm nulling the vote here--it seems there was no real "debate"--the resolution is not supported by the list that Pro provides, and Con basically just addressed the list and they went back and forth on it. I can see no real way to award points here. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.