LegalizedProstitute
PerversePsychology

The National Debt is a threat to America

LegalizedProstitute

Pro

By America, I am referring to the public, in general.

By national debt, I mean one between the government and someone who is not in a tax business.

Rules

1. I will argue in favor of the resolution that the national debt is indeed, a threat to America.

2. You may only troll when things get completely out of hand.

3. No plagiarism; Don't copy someone else's work and claim it as your own.

Failure to follow these rules will result in a 7-point forfeiture.

Presentations

1. When the government borrows money from somebody, it is sanctioned by law and you are obliged to do so, otherwise resulting in a punishment. However, that's YOUR money. It belongs to you. It requires your consensus for someone to borrow your money.

2. When you borrow something, you have to return it as a whole. So, what's the government's point of borrowing money? To spend half of it? To spend it all? If you spend it all, you can no longer return it. If you spend half of it, you don't return it as a whole.
PerversePsychology

Con

Rebuttals

Before I even get into this, national debt is actually a country borrowing money from another country. My opponent is reffering to something else.

You are sanctioned, but NOT OBLIGED by law, to do so. You receive a contract. You sign and return it if you let the government borrow your money. Otherwise, you don't do so. And a punishment won't be imposed on you if you don't do so. And they could earn the money themselves. However, they must need it urgently. And you will be payed back afterwards.

I'll agree with this one. In general, they aren't borrowing it. As they would either pay it as a whole, or half of it (If so, why'd you ask for that much?). However, it is in a sense that, once they earn enough money, they will pay you back that same amount.

I await my opponent's next set of arguments.
LegalizedProstitute

Pro

LegalizedProstitute forfeited this round.
PerversePsychology

Con

PerversePsychology forfeited this round.
LegalizedProstitute

Pro

PerversePsychology

Con

LegalizedProstitute

Pro

PerversePsychology

Con