Postup10101
BlackNovice

The New York Giants are the most physical football team in the NFL

Postup10101
Started: 11/13/2010 Category: Sports

Postup10101

Pro

The New York Giants (I may refer to them as the "Giants", "NYG" or New york.) are the most physically strong team in the NFL.. I will allow my opponent to begin the debate, and I will post a counter argument
BlackNovice

Con

I accept. First, The New York Giants are not the most physical football team in the NFL. In negating this I ask the judges to understand that I only have to negate, the given resolution meaning I can use many different teams.

1. The Steelers get fined for more big hits than any football team. (Harrirson #92) And
2. Troy P. is known for big hits.
3. Ray Lewis is known to lay any one who comes across the middle out.
4. The Baltimore Ravens, and the Steelers are more phyiscal than the NYG.
Postup10101

Pro

Let me begin by thanking my opponent for accepting.

Rather than stating all of my facts in this round, I will discuss my opponent's 4 points:

\\\\\ MY OPPONENT'S ARGUMENTS/////

2. Troy P. is known for big hits.

\\\\\MY COUNTER ARGUMENT/////
1. In round two, please paste the link in where you found the information that clearly states "The Steelers get fined for more big hits than any football team". Also, getting fined for reckless football does not make you a physical team, it makes you a careless one. Any fool can run after another player, hit them as hard as you can, and lose 20,000 dollars.

2. and 3. These are all opinions. Sure, Troy P. and Ray Lewis are two solid players, but a defense cannot evolve around one player for various reasons. One reason - if they get injured, your season is practically over.

4. Obviously, I disagree.

In conclusion of this round, I ask my opponent to please clarify what I have stated above.
BlackNovice

Con

BlackNovice forfeited this round.
Postup10101

Pro

Please extend my argument.
BlackNovice

Con

All my arguments are analytics. Even if you don't buy that the Steelers have the most finds we can all agree that they have had the most this season and if not the most more than the Giants. He says Reckless football doesn't make you physical are you kidding me?? That's ridiculous being reckless, and hurting others is the definition of physicality. And my opponent concedes that 1. Troy P. and Ray Lewis are solid players but offers no counter players from the Giants that are more physical this is crucial for the round. And he talks about what if they get injured, well what if the already not physical Giant players get injured does that make them even more less physical. And he says he disagrees that the Steelers and Ravens are less physical but gives no warrants as to why that goes conceded, extend it he loses this round.
Postup10101

Pro

physical - characterized by especially rugged and forceful physical activity : rough

Source:http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Notice how the definition says nothing about being "reckless".

My opponent is basically stating that "the more fines a team has, the more physical of a team they are". I am sure that all of you can agree with me that Playing Smart + Physical Strength = A great defense. When you get fined for late hits, that shows impatience, bad self control, and overall poor sportsmanship. Fines have no impact on how a team should be considered physical or not... However, one of the players getting fined may be a physical player, but the fact that he was fined does not increase his amount of physicality.

Now, to come back over to the Giants. They have a young secondary for the most part. They have 2 of the best defensive ends in the NFL: Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck. Giants have the most overall combined weight as a team which obviously is to their advantage. So far in the NFL (dating up to November 24, 2010 at 12:45 am) the New York Giants are in second place for average amount of yards given up per game. Steelers are only number 5. Ravens aren't even in the top 5.

http://www.nfl.com...

And in reply for when my opponent was talking about what would happen if a Giant player got injured (his wording was very tricky, so voters please read over twice), my whole point about saying that if a team only has 1 defensive superstar and he gets injured than their season is over is because I am implying that the Giants are more well rounded. They do not just have 1 superstar. They have about 2 defensive superstars, and maybe 2 decent players, but the rest are all above average.... possibly 85-90 on a scale to 100. If a player like Kenny Philips (who I would personally rate about an 87) got hurt, sure the Giants defensive may struggle a bit more, but they will still have the bulk of their defense remaining.

Some more facts about the Giants, is that they have injured the most amount of QB's in the NFL. ALL FROM CLEAN HITS... SOMETHING VERY RARE WITH THE TEAMS MY OPPONENT MENTIONED.

Here are just a few articles where the Giants dominating defense have set the tone for a game.:
http://www.nj.com...

http://www.nydailynews.com...

http://www.nytimes.com...

Overall, I believe I have presented enough facts in this round, and I have stated most of my sources, which my opponent has failed to do. Also, please keep in mind of his poor grammar when voting in that section.

I enjoyed this debate, and thank you all for observing.
BlackNovice

Con

He says he disagrees that the Steelers and Ravens are less physical but gives no warrants as to why that goes conceded, extend it he loses this round.

And He says, "Fines have no impact on how a team should be considered physical or not... However, one of the players getting fined may be a physical player..." I have several responses first, he says fines have no impact on physicality. You should vote him down on that alone, it's obvious that the new no head shots NFL rule proves that statement to be ridiculous. People get fined for being physical. He concedes this he says, "one of the players getting fined may be a physical player." I offer the only examples of players who have been fined due to physical players. Vote on that. He also says, "he was fined does not increase his amount of physicality." People get fined for being physical, fines are key to reject physicality. He also says, "Giants have the most overall combined weight as a team which obviously is to their advantage." That makes them fat not physical.

He also, says "the New York Giants are in second place for average amount of yards given up per game. " I agree which means it takes a physical team to stop people from getting yards. Now, The resolution asks, "The New York Giants are the most physical football team in the NFL." Which means theres is one team in the NFL more physical in the NFL. He loses on this alone.
Posted by gavin.ogden 6 years ago
gavin.ogden
Pro bears the burden of proof here, but in the end, did not prove the Giants are the most physical team. Con had better arguments, despite less sources and missing a round. He loses the conduct vote for missing that round, otherwise it would have been even. All other points go to pro. Thanks for the debate guys.
Posted by Postup10101 6 years ago
Postup10101
please post your argument!!!
Posted by Loserboi 6 years ago
Loserboi
James Harrison's hit on massaquoi was the final straw which pushed godell into making that BS no "devastating hit" rule
Posted by governments_kill 6 years ago
governments_kill
You think the steelers have a better argument than the Giants? The Giants have a 50 percent injure the quarterback rating. They've knocked out half the quarterbacks they played for at least a week.
Posted by Postup10101 6 years ago
Postup10101
Do you plan on debating? lol
Posted by Postup10101 6 years ago
Postup10101
Sorry about the confusion on the definition. I initially was referring to physically strong relating to their defense, but honestly, I believe I could put out a good debate for both offense and defense. Their offensive line is better than there defensive line, but man, they have two of some of the best defensive ends, and some very young talent in the line backer area. I really hope someone accepts this though...
Posted by Loserboi 6 years ago
Loserboi
someone can argue for the steelers i mean who is more physical than their linebacking corp. James Harrison just likes to hit people, same for polamalu and they are heavy runners
Posted by Danielle 6 years ago
Danielle
I think it's obvious that Pro is advocating the Giants have the most physical defense, i.e. they're the most physically dominant -- which means they make the most dominating, physically tough plays and physically impact the game to a greater capacity than other teams. No semantics necessary.
Posted by Loserboi 6 years ago
Loserboi
please define physically strong...
Posted by THE_OPINIONATOR 6 years ago
THE_OPINIONATOR
Define Physically strong is your argument as a deffence or as a whole team
Vote Placed by Postup10101 6 years ago
Postup10101
Postup10101BlackNoviceTied
Vote Placed by gavin.ogden 6 years ago
gavin.ogden
Postup10101BlackNoviceTied