Whichcarisbetter
Silandur

The Nissan Skyline GTR R35 is better than the Ferrari 458 Italia

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Started: 11/3/2016 Category: Cars
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Voting Period

Whichcarisbetter

Pro

This is an argument between me and a friend. We have argued for months about which is better. I believe it is the GTR but he thinks the 458 is better. Help us settle this argument.
Silandur

Con

Hello and thank you for the debate,

I am a avid car enthusiast and this subject is interesting to me. First I will give some general stats on the two cars as a background.

Ferrari 458 italia: Engine; Naturally aspirated 4.5 L V-8, putting out 597 hp and 398 lb-ft of torque.
Straight line speed: 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, quarter-mile in 11.5 seconds at 125 mph, top speed 210 mph.
Cornering and braking performance: 1.02 g of lateral acceleration, 99 ft 60-0 braking distance.
Track performance: Nurburgring time 7:33, top gear time 1:19, Virginia International Raceway 2:50.

Nissan GT-R(R35): Engine; Twin-turbo 3.8 L V-6, with 473 hp and 433 lb-ft torque.
Straight line speed: 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, quarter-mile in 11.3 seconds at 125.5 mph, top speed 193 mph.
Cornering performance: 1.00 gs lateral acceleration, 99 ft 60-0 braking length.
Track performance: 7:35, top gear time 1:20, VIR 2:56.

To start I will say that I am biased against straight line numbers. The nissan is undoubtedly faster through the quarter mile, which is what most people are interested in. However it is slower in every aspect save for braking distance. Especially when it comes to track times the gtr lags behind. There are a few more aspects of these cars that differ from just numbers. First is the engine, the ferrari has a wailing v-8 with no turbos; where the gtr has a rumbling v-6 with two turbos. I know that the ferrari sounds better from personal experience(having seen both in real life). But also the factor of being fun to drive, the ferrari has a world class interior that keeps the driver informed with feedback(especially sound!) of the car. Where the gtr is kind of generic, with black trim and less interior engine noise at full throttle. However there are a few things going for the gtr. First is price, which is about 1/2 of the ferrari. And second is tunability, which I am strongly against although some people love it, is very easy on a gtr.
If this was between the NISMO GT-R and the italia it would fall to the NISMO. However It mostly comes down to your worldview on cars, are you a strong enthusiast that needs a non-turbo perfect engine with all of the feedback possible and a famous name on your wheel; or are you a dedicated tuner with all of the drag records in town. Personally I love a good car, in the original sense of the word, simplicity and speed. Thank you for the debate!
Posted by brandod 3 weeks ago
brandod
more rounds, and not competition. you don't buy a Ferrari to race, it's the name Ferrari that buy the car for. But do what you want with you 102k car. find another match to go against the 458. like a 570s or Hurican.
Posted by Silandur 3 weeks ago
Silandur
I know right! It sure would be a lot more fun.
Posted by Conceptua 3 weeks ago
Conceptua
lol needs more rounds
Posted by Overnight 3 weeks ago
Overnight
OK, so is this debate about who would win in a debate, style competition, etc.??
The debate needs to be more specific, or multiple categories need to be debated. Most of all, there shouldn't be open voting.
Posted by Whichcarisbetter 4 weeks ago
Whichcarisbetter
If you watch drag races between these 2 cars. The GTR normally wins
Posted by Ardith 4 weeks ago
Ardith
yea but GTR are pretty dang good
Posted by Overnight 4 weeks ago
Overnight
HAHAHAHAHA Nissan better than Ferarri?
Posted by Ardith 4 weeks ago
Ardith
Someone check out my debates! please!
Posted by Ardith 4 weeks ago
Ardith
welp, can vote, havent completed enough debates, and when will yur fried argue

darn it, cant type
Vote Placed by Overnight 3 weeks ago
Overnight
WhichcarisbetterSilandurTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't make an argument. Since Con was the only one who made an argument, so he wins arguments.