TrumpWillBePOTUS
TheDebater9000

The "No-fly, no buy" bill

TrumpWillBePOTUS

Con

The "no-fly,no-buy" is a bill that was proposed by Democrats as a way to stop terrorists from getting guns. It states that if you are on the no-fly list then you are unable to purchase a gun. The issue with this is that a person can placed onto the no-fly list for no actual reason. Another issue is that it violates due-process. Your constitutional right is being taken away for a crime you have not been found guilty of.
TheDebater9000

Pro

I accept the debate.
TrumpWillBePOTUS

Con

TrumpWillBePOTUS forfeited this round.
TheDebater9000

Pro

I will pass this time as a courtesy to my opponent. Though I will add that this debate will be weighed on a utilitarian basis.
TrumpWillBePOTUS

Con

TrumpWillBePOTUS forfeited this round.
TheDebater9000

Pro

TheDebater9000 forfeited this round.
Posted by David_Debates 1 year ago
David_Debates
I think he's arguing that it violates fourteenth amendment rights (violates the due process clause). I'll debate you if you want. It seems that your position is to oppose this bill, so change your resolution to something like: "Resolved: The 'no fly, no buy' bill (name of bill in parenthesis) ought to be law." I'd debate you if you do the following.
Posted by Jam_Man 1 year ago
Jam_Man
Resolution isn't clear as to who is debating what. Be more specific, set rules/a round format. Also, little tip, explain which constitutional amendment is being violated and why? (2nd amendment includes a "... well regulated militia")