thisisbob
Kashmead

The Nokia Lumia 1020 is better than the iPhone 5S

thisisbob
Started: 12/9/2013 Category: Technology

thisisbob

Pro

My argument: The Nokia Lumia 1020 is better than the iPhone 5S.

Your argument: The iPhone 5S is better than the Lumia 1020

First round is NOT acceptance only, you may go crazy.

You type "No argument in this round, as agreed upon" in the last round to ensure that we have the same number of rounds.

Failure to abide by these rules will result in automatic forfeit.

Good luck.
Kashmead

Con

The iphone 5s is the best phone because it is very easy to use, has the best and most apps, and you are more apt to pull some fine hunneys with it.

there are more aspects to the overall quality of a phone than its specs. the most important is how much easier and better does it make your life. going with this premise it is easy to conclude that the iphone 5s is better because it is by far easier to navigate than the lumia, its many options for applications such as mailbox, fantastical, and any alternative for those two as well as many more life improving applications are almost always optimized for the OS operating system before they are for the Microsoft store. this is giving more credit to the Microsoft store than it should because the majority of the apps on the app store have no alternative on the Microsoft store. Also the fact that more women have iphones leads to an easy icebreaker. "you have an iphone too? that's awesome!" this will nearly always lead to a passionate lovemaking session. as well as the fact that many women will not even reply to a green text message

evidence: skip to 4:20 if you do not want to watch the video
thisisbob

Pro

I also forgot to add, first time around is for arguments, second for rebuttals, third for conclusions. Thank you for responding.

Argument:
There are many things that make the Lumia better than the iPhone. I shall list some of them, and let the stats speak for themselves.

-The Lumia has a bigger screen, resulting in better viewing quality, and it does not hurt your eyes to stare so much. (Lumia: 5.13 x 2.81 x 0.41 inches, iPhone: 4.87 x 2.31 x 0.3 inches, or if you just want the screen size, Lumia: 4.5 in. iPhone: 4 in.)

-The Lumia has much more total integrated storage, with 32GB for a $199 phone, while the iPhone only has 16 GB for a $199 phone (two-year contract), you will have to pay an extra $299 up front for that.

-The iPhone has only 1136 x 640, while the Lumia has 1280 x 768 pixels, a small but definite gain.

-The camera resolution is 41MP Rear; 2MP Front-Facing, while the iPhone only has 8 MP Rear; 1.2 MP Front-Facing.

-The video camera resolution in both is 1080p, but the Lumia has a bigger screen, resulting in more awesomeness, and over all a better viewing experience.

-Also: The Windows 8 operating system is much more customizable, and the live tile interface is fun and easy to use, while the iOS 7 system is just a make over of the aging OS system.

Finally: The price for the Lumia and iPhone are the same, but the Lumia is MUCH better for that price range.

Thank you!

And just to make sure, you now rubute my statement. No arguments made.
Kashmead

Con

Ill be honest you have not given me much to refute since those are mostly just specifications but i will do what i can.

"It does not hurt your eyes to stare so much" - this is a ridiculous argument, yes the Lumia may have a bigger screen but that does not mean people are sitting and squinting at their iPhones because they cant make out text that is likely the same size as that of the Lumia depending on the application in use. one half inch is not significant enough to outweigh the lackluster microsoft store.

the lumia does have more storage, but i for one have never used all 16 gigabytes on my iphone. With the OS preinstalled there is ample space for most of your needs.

if youve seen picture taken with the 5s you will notice they look incredible. how else would all the instagram pictures of food look so enticing? just because the Lumias resolution is higher, again, doesnt mean that the Iphone is not an incredible phone with a powerful camera.

The ios may be aging, but it is aging like fine wine. Since its induction it has been vastly superior and remains that way. windows may be easy to use but it is like reading binary compared to apples fluid and constant OS.
thisisbob

Pro

I thank my opponent for responding.

"The iphone 5s is the best phone because it is very easy to use"
Well yes, and so is the Nokia Lumia 1020, to a point. But I will make the argument that sometimes, as in this case, if you have a little more knowledge, then the phone does not need to be extremely easy. In fact, the Windows 8 system is wonderful and far out wins the iPhone system. Once you learn how to use it, which anyone can do.

"has the best and most apps" This is true, but Microsoft is still developing the app store, with still much more to improve on, and constantly improving it as they go along. Now with more than 100,000 apps, it is definently getting better. Just look at this. http://www.pcworld.com...

"and you are more apt to pull some fine hunneys with it" Your proof, with all due respect, is not reliable. More and more people are starting to use the Lumia, and it is just ridiculous to say that if you have an iPhone, all the girls in the world will go out with you. This is only possible now because everyone has an iPhone, and therefore, they do have more girls, but not because they have an iPhone, everyone has that, because of something else. You get what I am saying?

I would also like to add, the Lumia has a MUCH better battery life, with almost a day full of extensive use (http://www.knowyourmobile.com...) while the iPhone only last 625 minutes. http://bgr.com...

"there are more aspects to the overall quality of a phone than its specs." Indeed. And I have proved my point in my argument. Here is the source. http://www.pcmag.com...

"the most important is how much easier and better does it make your life." This applies to all smart phones. Seriously, the Nokia Lumia 1020 is even better than the iPhone 5S, if only you give it a chance. Just learn how to use the W8 system. And the good thing is, it is not that hard.

"going with this premise it is easy to conclude that the iphone 5s is better because it is by far easier to navigate than the lumia" Again, I make the same argument. The Lumia blows the 5s out of the water in usability and usefulness. Look at this. http://www.wpcentral.com... The stats prove it.

"its many options for applications such as mailbox, fantastical, and any alternative for those two as well as many more life improving applications are almost always optimized for the OS operating system before they are for the Microsoft store" The windows store has a mailbox. Obviously. And the Windows store also has calendar apps, don't worry. Also, the OS operating system? LOL. And it is true that they are, but only because the iOS system had a head start.

"this is giving more credit to the Microsoft store than it should because the majority of the apps on the app store have no alternative on the Microsoft store" What is giving more credit to the Microsoft app store? And the W8 app store is growing, with more and more alternatives each day.

"Also the fact that more women have iphones leads to an easy icebreaker. "you have an iphone too? that's awesome!" this will nearly always lead to a passionate lovemaking session. as well as the fact that many women will not even reply to a green text message" Instant icebreaker? Or you could just use the old methods. If the only way that you could at first connect with a woman is through the kind of phone that you have, then you are NOT the best at connecting with woman. And face it, if you are ugly, it doesn't matter what phone you have, she still won't make out with you.

"as well as the fact that many women will not even reply to a green text message" *face palm* Actually the iPhone has green text messages, until the iOS 7 update. And on the Lumia they both appear blue, not green. You are so confused. You just helped my argument. Thank you.

And I thank you again for replying. Now comes your conclusion. Can't wait to hear (or see) it.
Kashmead

Con

Kashmead forfeited this round.
thisisbob

Pro

thisisbob forfeited this round.
Kashmead

Con

Kashmead forfeited this round.
Posted by thisisbob 3 years ago
thisisbob
DAG NAB IT. Lol, now we both forfeited. Sorry about that.
Posted by thisisbob 3 years ago
thisisbob
DANG IT. I knew there was something missing. I forgot to cite the sources. Lol, I'll add them in next argument.
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
thisisbobKashmeadTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had better arguments and used actual sources. Pro also ff less rounds than Con. The winner of this debate is definitely Pro.